Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Tutorials & Info. > Misc Tutorials & Info.
User Name
Password

Old 10-20-2002, 10:25 PM   #16
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

this would be great (I use eqw) if only I didn't crash to desktop every single fricking time I switch skins (nothing wrong with the skin, loads fine afterwards, just EQ problem).
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:59 PM   #17
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I also have had a problem with dumping to desktop after loading a custom skin a few times in a row. I usually get 3 or 4 loads before it dumps me. However, I have discovered that if I load the default skin every few times, I can continue to work in-game without be dumped (ie. load custom, make changes, load custom, make changes, load default, load custom, make changes, load custom, make changes, load default,...etc).
Cormanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:41 PM   #18
dan_iel90
A Snow Cougar

Server: antonius bayle

lol

Last edited by Dolby : 07-07-2003 at 08:29 PM.
dan_iel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 05:30 PM   #19
shdwphnx
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally posted by oakwood
need a little help with the sharing of the eq directory.

current setup:
2 computers, both winxp pro
linksys router

eq is played on comp1, editing will be done on comp2

comp1 has sharing on for c:\, program files folder, and everquest folder

comp2 can connect using my network places, can access the root drive, my shared folder, and shared documents folder.

try to open program files i get the following message:
"\\comp1\program files is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Access is denied."

what am i doing wrong here?

Thanks

Note sure if you have resolved this or not by now. But, if not (or for anyone else who experiences this), the problem is related to the default access permissions assigned by Windows XP to the so called "system folders" such as C:\Program Files and C:\Windows. You need to grant access to the Everyone user group. Check out Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Q308418 (http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;308418) for information on how to change the permissions.
shdwphnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:32 PM   #20
imasianman
A Fire Beetle

Default other ways?

are these (eqw, 2+ comps) the only ways to check on your work?
or are there progs out there that i should know about
imasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 04:26 AM   #21
Graffenlaff
A Fire Beetle

These are pretty old posts. With the alt-enter putting EQ game in a window, the same thing can be done with one computer and alt-tabbing out to your editor, folders and word pad type viewer for error checking.
Graffenlaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:02 PM   #22
imasianman
A Fire Beetle

reason i asked is because i dont play eq anymore, but wanted to make skins on my spare time
imasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 04:03 PM   #23
Grict
A Bat

Server: Brell
Send a message via AIM to Grict
Default Sharing in XP

make sure you have privlages on both computers. XP wont let you use any resources if it doesnt know you. just make sure that the username you login as has an account on the other computer with the same password. (the users icon in control panel) that way when you ask to look at comp 2 from comp1 it checks to see who you are in its users list and if it knows you it allows you access. hope this helps!!!
post back if you need more details
Grict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:12 AM   #24
Derithon
A Fire Beetle

Default Share access issues

Sounds like your PCs are in a workgroup. As such, each PC has control of its own resources. Adding the Everyone group will not help in this case due to the Everyone group being specific to THAT PC. You need to think of PCs in a workgroup as self contained worlds - It only knows what it contains.

You need to create a user account on each PC that exists on the other (i.e. On Comp 1 you have user 1 and on Comp 2 you have user 2 - You need to create user 2 on Comp 1 and User 1 on Comp 2) You could also try to add the user from the other PC as a authorized user in the user manager (Right click on "My Computer", left click on "Manage", Left click on "Users & Groups") Depending on which PC is the Browse Master you MAY have issues hence my first solution.

Your other option is if you have a spare PC and a copy of some version of server (NT/2000/2003) you can create a Domain and join your PCs to the domain and have the domain control rights. It boils down to not having rights to access the data - not that you can't see the data.

Hope that helps.

Derithon

CT Server

Last edited by Derithon : 10-06-2004 at 10:18 AM. Reason: More to write
Derithon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:23 AM   #25
noaris
A Ghoul

Server: rodcet nife

I do similar but with a sinlge PC.

I just break EQ down into windows mode, make UI changes in a seperate window, maximize EQ then reload the UI.
noaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:51 AM   #26
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Instead of using EQW ... use ALT-ENTER and then SHIFT-ALT-R to release the mouse ... and with that option already in EQ, why is using EQW against the EULA? I have briefly looked at the homepage for EQW and might have missed something ... what does EQW do exactly, that is a violation?

Note : I dont ever think I have read the EULA

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote