Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 05-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
bgator357
A Bat

Default Reloading UI

I have done this a couple times and I figured it was just something I was doing and didn't apply to anyone else. At that point it wasn't quite worth mentioning, until I heard it happens to friends also.

When I/we go to reload a UI everquest will not let us. There is no error in the log it just will not load. Simple as that. The computer hangs for a while like it is thinking about then just....nope back to default.

I have windows 10, fully updated. Somewhat newish and way overkill computer for everquest. So my pc should not be the problem. This has happened on more than one computer for me over the last few months.

There are two ways I can overcome this. When an update to everquest's UI is about to happen I back up my custom and update it when it is available. Chances are everquest will force me back to default until then. So what I do is update the custom when it is out and restore my ui and layout files that are in the everquest folder. Basically the files that say I have a custom ui to log into. If it doesn't log into it then it will not load.

The second way to overcome this is to reinstall everquest and start from scratch. Only the initial switch to custom ui seems to work for me, and now some of my friends.

I have tried different ui skins. I am not running any 3rd party software like isoboxer or wineq.
bgator357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #2
dragonstalker
A Gray Wolf

Default ui not loading custom ui's

having same problem made a new fold OLD_UI added default then added the custom one I wanted and load it and it just goes back to default my other computers work fine though anyone have an ideal?
dragonstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

in your uifiles you shuld have a default folder do not copy this, nor change anything inside that folder.

and then a custom ui folder, in this fplder only have the files that comes wit h your custom ui.

then go to eq and do /loadskin, choose the custom ui name and load it.

if it still shows default, then there should have been an uierrors.txt generated in your everquest foder, attach this to a post here, then we can see what is going on.

remember. when using custom ui for eq, only the windows that have been changed from their default, needs to be in the custom, along with other custom files, like custom window graphcis etc the author have made.

never copy default into a custom ui, and then the custom files. then yo uare bound to make it not work in the long run.
AloneStarwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:01 PM   #4
longreach
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If your UI is defaulting to default UI, then you have a custom UI file(s) that is not up to date, if you are up to date, then I don't know what is going on with your PC
Old 05-30-2017, 01:16 AM   #5
perspero
A Bat

Default Same for me in May

This can't be coincidental.

AYA is usually up to date. Not sure what UIs others are using but AYA EoK will not load and there is no error message and it's over separate systems.
perspero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:49 AM   #6
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

never copy default ever into a custom ui. EVER NEVER.

it will either break your custom or just cause issues that will make eq return to default.

eq is smart enough to load any file it needs from default if it is not found in the custom folder.

if you copy default into the custom, it will never go load any default properfiles

but it will load it entirely from your custom folder, and that custom folder might have files that are very much different frmo the default file, and thus you broken the ui, and makes eq say aight we got bad things here, lets forget bout custom and go load default.

lets say you downlaod a nice bag and hotbar and party window. you make a folder name it what you like, CustomUI is good.

put those 3 fils in there,nothing more, nothign less.
be aware those 3 custom interface pieces might come with their own graphics and such, those must ofcause also be copied into the customui folder.

then in eq you just do /loadskin, and select your custom ui, andboom done.

now did i copy default? nope,never ever ever.
AloneStarwalker is offline   Reply With Quote