User Name
Password

Old 06-21-2004, 05:54 AM   #1
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis
Default People in game are really starting to piss me off....

Earlier today I was on my 20ish Ench and I saw a lvl 10 pally, so I decided to send them a tell offering what mind and other buffs I could offer. Instead of "Sure, I could use some", I got "Who are you?"

Then later in the evening, I'm minding my own business; I had just magi'd from Nedaria to EC. I get this tell from some lvl 65 that said, "Twink!" I replied, "Inokis makes a rude gesture at you. You have been hit for 1000 points of insult damage." This person didn't even know me first of all; secondly, I have a lvl 55 and a 52, I think i've earned the right to twink a low level.

I've been running into so many people that shouldn't even be playing if they can't say anything nice. There are times I just want to shut the game down and decide that it's pointless. However, the people that make this game such a hassle to enjoy are outweighed by the fact that there are more who know I help out where I can and that I'm a fair and legit gamer.

This is just a peeve rant.

/rant off.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Hang in There Inokis,

My Ignore list seems to grow bigger everyday with players like that. But I also have run into some very helpful ones too, yes few compaired to the rest, but they are out there.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

From 10th level on was called a twink . Some rl friends gave me neth chith bp some black alloy stuff jagged bands etc nothing worth more than 100 plat an item back then in 2002 .

Definiton of twinking is tuneing your gear best as posible.I have never seen any thing wrong with that.Never would out level my gear cause id get dead more often than not.

Once was farming silks threads for pading for blacksmithing , was usen my ranger Lostone who was level 8 an was geting some xp off spiderlings .Twinked him with less than 1k worth of gear most was farmed .Had a 65 ranger from a top raid guild call me a twink .Course this was after i pulled all the spiderlings , out tracked an out paced him (rembering where mobs spawn is a good thing).

My point is ...Basicaly gear dont = skill level , a toons class level dont = nice person at keyboard ( nor knowledgeable one) , an fun is where ya find it.Me i get tons of satisfaction an fun helping friends an strangers alike just cause, course its always fun to stick it to those who try ta be big players who cant even track a spiderling at 65 ./shrug

Id rather play twinked lower level toon than high level getto geared one, posible the 65 was jelous of your geer.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
kasca
A Lost Soul

Server: the rathe
Send a message via ICQ to kasca
Angry

Man .. i remmber whin i first started. Peaple helped each other (mostly).

Last night on my 53 rog half elf. Carring 2 daggers sitting looking for a lodn. This guy runs up (cons blue) asks if iam looking for a group. I say yes. He then says good your not busy pl me! After i /rofl on him. I told him i MADE my lvls never been pl. Wont pl. If he wants to make lvl go do it as i did, work for it!

These peaple are crap. Anyone who is pl is usless in a group. They out lvl there skills. Worse yet dont know there char!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:28 AM   #5
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Remember, the little kiddies are out of school now, this is bound to happen now unfortunately.

Like above, the /ignore feature works great. If you are being harassed, use /report <playername> and it will report the last 10 lines of what that person said so it can be investigated, followed by a petition of what exactly happened stating you made a /report.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:45 AM   #6
kabbus
A Snow Cougar

I know how you feel. Usually I just buff someone without even asking, but once in a while there is that rare person who actually complains about it. Or the ones who don't even say thanks.

I guess its like real life, there are jerks and rude people in the game also.

The last one I had someone send me a tell offering to sell two spells to me for a good price, but when I arrived at the bazaar I found they camped after I got there. Real nice of them, it wasted my whole play time. I guess they got their kicks out of it.
kabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:02 PM   #7
steppin
An Icepaw Kobold

i remember ONE newbie .. I often hang around newbie zones, passing out gear to these folks, just because it brings a smile to the majority of them... This fellow, takes the gear and says, "is that all?".. Then he proceeds to beg for $$, and PL .. not just begging, but outright demanding.. i told him that i had other things on my agenda... for half an hour he proceeded to swear spam me... i /report player... and finally grouped him, and gave him a ride to wakening lands .. where WOUSHI quickly taught him some manners ... no i did NOT help him recover his corpse.. and when the GM loaded on, and found out the situation, he merely laughed and said good job to me. needless to say that newbie rudester is no longer playing that particular char, nor has he contacted me via any others ..
i've also met a fair share of very good and kind folks in game.. those are the ones that make the game enjoyable ..

just take a look in bazaar.. compare prices from what they USED to be, and you will see an amazing leap in the GREED of people .. i would far rather give an item to a person who can actually USE it, than to sell it.. hopefully that also teaches the newer person to share and help others later when THEY reach a higher level and are able to do so ...

play on, have FUN, HELP each other.. and hopefully the good will spreads by means of example ...

steppin
steppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:27 PM   #8
Rols
A Ghoul

Server: Drinal
Send a message via AIM to Rols Send a message via MSN to Rols Send a message via Yahoo to Rols
Cool

I've been playing my beastlord for just over a year now and had several people swear that I had been twinked when I had been given a Runed Boken at lvl 14. Someone in the area offered it to me and after looking at the stats I accepted it from him.

He's lvl 53 now and has out grew that weapon a long time ago so I gave that staff to another newbie with best wishes on becomeing a better player. Would this be consistered twinking another character still? I think I was just passing on what someone had done for me to help me enjoy the game.

Don't let these people you don't even know bother you because the rest of us do know and understand how to have fun within the game.
Rols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:04 PM   #9
alikstromblade
A Gray Wolf

I love to group with beggers outside of Bazaar in a zone with a bank.

I tell them just to hold on let me run to bank for an item for them and I will be right back.

Assuming they dont follow (they never do) I run to bank get 1k plat. Turn it into copper and then split it with them.

Best is to do this in Shadowhaven where they cant even be sowed

Yeah I am out 500p but the ensuing tells make it more then worth it.
alikstromblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:21 PM   #10
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally posted by alikstromblade
I love to group with beggers outside of Bazaar in a zone with a bank.
I tell them just to hold on let me run to bank for an item for them and I will be right back.
Assuming they dont follow (they never do) I run to bank get 1k plat. Turn it into copper and then split it with them.
Best is to do this in Shadowhaven where they cant even be sowed
Yeah I am out 500p but the ensuing tells make it more then worth it.

LOL

/rant
But seriously, EQ is getting realy annoying - but my main problem is high level players that is arrogant and non-caring for other players. They make alt's and go to zones WAY to high for them, buffed and twinked (this is not the annoying bit), but then ... when the buffs fade, they should be feeling less superior to the zone .... but they dont, they keep trying and making train after train after train and not even bothering with announcing it - then when you get a hold of someone from the lvl 65 guild, they just blow you off and say go **** yourself. I am getting real tired of these guilds and of sending petition after petition - if I wanted to be treated this way, I would have started playing Diablo.
/rant off

Thanks for letting me get my 2 pennies worth - I still think EQ is a great game with loads of potential, just too many that has gotten tired of playing Diablo

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 04:20 PM   #11
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

I personally have never been fond of 'twinks' myself, but I don't make it a habit to go out of my way to say it to someone who I don't know. Now if they contact me first and beg for something, even though they are twinked up the wazoo that would make any 50+ player seeth, then prepare for some retaliation.

If you must twink, go for it. It doesn't bother me any, but don't beg from me.

But for the most part, that is part of why I quit EQ about a month and a half ago, and haven't been back since. Far too many grief'ers, l33ts, and eBay bought characters to truly enjoy the game any longer. Plus, its difficult to find any roleplayers out there anymore.

But if you can Inokis, hang in, grit your teeth till ya can't take it any longer and the game becomes more of a chore than entertainment for ya.

Journey well and travel safe!

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #12
Brimztone
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Povar

The problem is, all those people who we grew up in EQ with, have either given their accounts to their kids or sold them. The new account holders really dont give a rats @$$ about anything. They just want stuff given to them.

I wish we could go back to the days we feared for our lives crossing the commonland's and the karana's, because there was nobody high enough to kill the Giants and Griffons who wandered around. I can remember entire groups running up the hill from the Derv camp to get away from a Giant.

Respect unfortunately is a trait long forgotton.

A Nasty Elemental with a Gnome Pet
Gnomadic Arch Magus
Officer of Dark Legion
The Green Midget of Povar
Brimzkinz Custom UI Forum
Brimztone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:31 PM   #13
Drakah
Skinning Guru

ahh the good ole days... when raiding Split Paw was "uber"
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:39 PM   #14
Parasite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Quote:
Originally posted by Zantaklawz
Far too many grief'ers, l33ts, and eBay bought characters to truly enjoy the game any longer. Plus, its difficult to find any roleplayers out there anymore.

Yup true... not many roleplayers out in the game any more..
Damn was I happy to see the GM Events coming back especially for the lowlevels here and there..

I like thinking back of the actual roleplay aspect of the game.. I remember the Helloween Events in Rathe Mountains where the sky turned red and you had this evil cursed atmosphere everywhere in Norrath..

Too bad its all about gear and l33t and being uber equipped nowadays to rush the highend as soon as possible..

Lately.. people only want to "beat" the game any more.. not actualy enjoy it..

I like raiding.. but I also really much miss the old roleplaying aspects.. Heck even now I run up to Tower of Frozen Shadows with my twinks or even my main just to have some good old exploring feeling.. Getting back memories of the fun I once had in zones like Runnyeye, the feeling I had when walking beyond east commonlands for my first time, questing in Befallen for the Thex Mallet and the Ring of the Dead / Reaper of the Dead and to get the uber bone bladed claidhmore..

Damn.. I really miss these times yup..
Old 06-21-2004, 08:14 PM   #15
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Well Inokis I guess you didn't expect this big a response.

How do I handle most of this? Well as you can see by my signature SOLO. I took a warrior to Level 50, a Paladin to Level 51, ( They say it can't be done LOL) and now I'm working a beastlord @ Level 45.

I do belong to a Guild of close friends and work with them from time to time to help out. I guess that's the answer, Find good friends that have the same interest in the game as you.

I'm looking forward to the "Solo Missions". Another adventure where I can scare the C _ _ _ out of myself and survive. I can't tell how many times I tried "Ice Giants" and got the hell kicked out of me, but how great I felt when I finally soloed one.

Sooooo... I use my Ignore and go on... I know what it took to get where I am and how much work it took.
danny91643 is offline   Reply With Quote