Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 10-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
moonfish
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default tking

does anyone have any idea as to what happened to tking. his abandoned forums said the site would be back up four months ago and no sign he ever existed lurks anywhere on the web but here. where has he gone?
moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:06 AM   #2
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

AFAIK he's an interface designer for SOE.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #3
Sablerose
A Gray Wolf

Server: Erollisi Marr
Default TKing

Last I heard, he stopped doing custom UI's for EQ because he went to work for a competing software design company. Now, this was several years ago, and he might be doing something completely different by now. But, at the time, I read it on the main page of his private website, when I was looking for a download of his spell gems. Would love it if he would get back into EQ UI's

Sablerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
Kaelon
A Fire Beetle

Default Whatever happened to T.King?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know whatever happened to Tom J. King? His domain, www.tkingart.com, has been offline for months, but I haven't seen this discussed. I adored his work.
Kaelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
raidenelf
A Ghoul

http://p206.ezboard.com/fmaximus94788frm10 - his old forum

And this is from FAQ:

Q: Do you currently create art for a living?
A: Yes, I work as an Artist for Sigil Games. (www.sigilgames.com)

Vanguard, not sure if he is still part of it though
raidenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:55 PM   #6
moonfish
A Snow Cougar

it seems we've lost one of the best...
Old 01-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
Kaelon
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidenelf
http://p206.ezboard.com/fmaximus94788frm10 - his old forum

And this is from FAQ:

Q: Do you currently create art for a living?
A: Yes, I work as an Artist for Sigil Games. (www.sigilgames.com)

Vanguard, not sure if he is still part of it though

Yes, unfortunately, this is very old news.

The latest I heard was this: Purportedly (based largely upon what he and others posted at the time, years ago), not only was he dismissed from Sigil Games (pre-acquisition) for not producing user interface art at a high enough standard, fast enough pace that the devs, especially Brad McQuaid, wanted, but I believe he was also principally concerned about spending time with his ailing son. I had heard random rumors from Internet chat rooms that he had retired permanently from game and art design, and wasn't sure if he had given an update.
Kaelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:01 AM   #8
T.King
A Bat

Hello everyone,

Received an email about this post. Sorry, but I couldn't remember my old account password here. So made a new one.

What I'm doing these days is working as a Senior Environmental Artist for the largest independent game development company in North America and Europe. Titles for the Nintendo Wii, XBox360 and PS3. I stopped hosting a website with my artwork because much of it had been used without my permission on books.

As for the reason I left Sigil Games. There were problems, and a lot of them had nothing to do with me. 6 months before leaving, I had been in the process of being recruited to SOE. Which I was involved on a project with SOE immediately the day after I left Sigil Games. On a more personal note, I was dealing with serious issues regarding my son and family at the time, and well...needed to deal with it. That really shouldn't have become public, but none-the-less it did.

I don't know about the rest of that paragraph though, it's definitely horse crap. Had more interfaces in pre-dev than I ever made on these boards. I'd say they did a pretty damn good job of sinking the ship that was Sigil, without me. Given the news about how people were fired in a parking lot there, and the horrible way it was handled. You can pretty much figure out there were problems there, big ones. Shameful.

If you want to see some current work by a lazy artist like me...I'll show you my spare-time (as a hobby) artwork. I've created a Steampunk city in a virtural world online not long ago. It's called Second Life. Log into Second Life, and search places for "Steam". Visit a place called "Steam Forge", to find my new stuff go to a store called Steam Powered Nuts. I've brought my vision of Industrial Steampunk to Second Life. (anyone remember Steamworks?) Let me know what you think.

Great to see this place still alive and happening.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

*Pouncehugs T!*

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #10
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Thanks for filling us in; your EQ Interface art really is legendary and I'm still so thankful you shared it with us.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #11
moonfish
A Snow Cougar

woot! it lives! maybe i can harass a copy of the study for my desktop background out of him?
Old 04-30-2008, 01:41 AM   #12
krylosis
A Gray Wolf

You have always been a very talented worker, you did what it took to make things work, kept the updates coming, and when you went to sigil, we missed you. When Sigil went to SOE and you weren't there we still missed you.

I don't care what any one things you were probably the NUMBER ONE UI designer! I for one loved your work and enjoyed looking at things like your loading screens for EQ2, and many other works. Thanks for the update, I do remember your son was having health problems as well and I hope all is well there (if they can be) as well as with all of your family!

Krylosis
krylosis is offline   Reply With Quote