User Name
Password

Old 03-15-2004, 02:50 PM   #1
Rawwar
A Ghoul

Server:
Send a message via Yahoo to Rawwar
Unhappy Graphics Cards

Ok first time... long time looker..... I have a quiestion a little off topic but not really.... I am currently running two boxes to play EQ one is a laptop (My primary) and I am stuck with the effects of a Radon 7500 and no target rings so on.... The second machine is a desktop which is moderate with 1gig ram and home built... the graphics card S**** well is really bad (Radon Fury) so it is time to upgarde with a limited budget.... is there a card which will give me good effects (Target rings and so on) that I can get under 100 bucks.... Waiting to hear and thanks for all the great UI's you provide.

Rawwar 55 Beasty Lanys T'Yvl
and others.......
Rawwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:55 PM   #2
treehuggerII
A Bat

Actually you can pick up a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 for about 79 bucks now and that will at least give you what you are looking for...It has 128 megs of ddr ram and decent frame rates as long as you don't go too high in resolution...I'm not sure as to where you are located but Best Buy and Comp USA have these all the time....I hope this helps...Good Luck
treehuggerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:01 PM   #3
karthen
A Bat

check out newegg.com for vid cards
karthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #4
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

And for prices check out Pricewatch.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:32 AM   #5
xxdragonxxx
A Ghoul

Server: Brell

i picked up a card from newegg.com. i did a lot of research and there is very few places that have better prices them they do.
xxdragonxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:53 AM   #6
Rawwar
A Ghoul

Server:
Send a message via Yahoo to Rawwar
Default Thanks ....

Was looking at them but was not sure all you hear about is the Radeons now... looking at getting it shipped soon.. doing the price thing.....

Rawwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:49 AM   #7
Aerasin
A Snow Cougar

Server: Drinal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I don't know why people keep suggesting the 5200 model. I guess its because they are cheap, however the 5200 is utter rubbish! You'll get better performance out of a GeForce 4 card. I would suggest getting a 5600 or up card.

Or even better yet get a Radeon card. Right now they are generally faster and cheaper. I just bought 9600XT myself, and it looks like they have resolved a lot of their driver problems I kept hearing about, because everything for me has been running as smooth a silk. And this is coming from someone who'd swore he'd never get an ATi card.

Newegg.com is great, I recommend it. If you can find cheaper prices for quality, name brand stuff, the service is worth any extra buck you might pay. Generally tho newegg.com has low, low prices.