User Name
Password

Old 10-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #646
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Upcoming fixes

I should have time to work on the UI on Sunday. I will try to get 1024 and 1600 resolutions, lefty and melee working.

I will return a few inventory slots to the bottom of the cast bar, although I don't think there is room for all of them.

I will fix the text labeled stats window.

Quote:
Went to remove an augment from an old item and place it on a new one, when I opened the birdbath there was no place to place the item or augment, there was only 1 large button that said combine on it. I had to change to the default UI to make the exchange, just curious if this was a bug on me or the UI causing this problem.
I am not entirely satisfied with the augment box code. The problem is that, instead of making a new window for augments, they reused the container code adding a few elements used only for augments.

The sticky container code is very fussy. In order to keep the container from accidentally moving, the slots have to be aligned with the stretch templates and an extra panel has to be added to cover the back. If there is even a one pixel error, it is possible to click on a background pixel accidentally, bringing that panel to the front where it covers the slots and buttons. If that happens when you have no drop items in a world container, you are stuck and have to petition to get them back out.

I have tested the new code as thoroughly as I could and I do not think it is possible to get stuck in that fashion. However, these constraints severely limit my ability to arrange the augment window components.

If anyone else is having trouble adding or removing augments, PLEASE let me know about it. A simple solution is to remove or rename the EQUI_Container.xml file and use default containers all around.

Quote:
it loaded up, BUT, now it has all these black edges around it. I tried to do the /timeport 0 0 1280 1024 and it didn't fix it
The command is /viewport, not /timeport, and you can use "/viewport reset" to fill the whole window.

Quote:
That 9th slot on mine, is fine, however the spellbook, beneath it, looks like it is SITTING in a spell gem slot.
Yes, that's what I meant when I said the book button now lives in the tenth gem slot. The gold curly background stuff has a middle element that brackets two spell gem slots. I inserted one more copy of that image in the bar, which added slots nine and ten. Nine is the new spell slot, ten holds the spell book to keep it from looking silly.

I am considering making a separate old style spell bar window with eight slots and buff window with 15 buff slots for characters (like most of mine) that do not have the AAs. If this would interest you, please let me know.

Last edited by Xymarra : 10-01-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:38 PM   #647
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Smile

The lefty, 1600 and 1024 versions are now up to date with OoW. The melee version didn't need a patch. The mini UI is up to date, although it is still of limited utility.

The buff window in the 1024 window was too crowded and unreadable with 20 buffs, so I removed labels in that version. If that is not satisfactory, I am open to suggestions.

The spell cast window has some inventory slots in it again.

In the Options directory, there should be alternative buff and cast windows with the pre-AA button counts for the 1280 version. The text stat window also works properly for that version and displays numeric mana and endurance.

The augment window works for me. I made the Insert button look a bit better. I tested it with an item and augment that I could afford to lose and was unable to break it, so I think it is safe.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:39 PM   #648
darkspell
A Hill Giant

Default Book in gem slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izna Marcos
P.S: That 9th slot on mine, is fine, however the spellbook, beneath it, looks like it is SITTING in a spell gem slot.

Xymarra updated the 1600 version (thanks bunches) and I also find the look of the book sitting in a spell slot a bit annoying. All I did was open EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml and commented out the following line under <StaticAnimation item = "CSPW_BookBackground">:

<!-- <Animation>A_SpellGemHolder</Animation> -->

Leaves a plain black background and I think it looks just fine
Old 10-08-2004, 07:45 AM   #649
Jadore
A Ghoul

Default <3 xymmara

We just got a new computer and loaded up your UI, but I notice since the OOW patch, the pet mod is out of date. I refuse to play EQ without Xymmara's UI, but I would really like the pet window back. Any ETA on that? Using the pet window option as it is right now still gives a pet window, just the buttons look kind of boofed up. Thanks for maintaining a superlative UI.
Jadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #650
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Question Pet window

Quote:
I notice since the OOW patch, the pet mod is out of date.
Have you tried using it? It's only one file and that file has not changed lately. I haven't marked it updated because I haven't tested it, but I would actually expect it to work.

If it doesn't work, you can always delete the file to get the default or install some other custom pet window over it.

Edit: I have tested some of the pet windows in the main zip and they seem fine. Could your problem be that the window is the wrong height? Try removing the PetInfoWindow section from your ini file to reset the window height.

Last edited by Xymarra : 10-16-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:11 PM   #651
griffon
A Bat

Server: 7th Hammer
Default Selector Bar??

Great UI. Really functions the best for me out of all the ones I have tried. One question though. Where is the selector bar?? or how do you bring it up??
Thanks much for all the work you have done on your UI.
griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:56 PM   #652
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Lightbulb Selector Window

Quote:
One question though. Where is the selector bar?? or how do you bring it up??
Alt-w toggles the selector bar. It should appear at the top center of your screen. In general, if you want to know what key toggles a particular window, you can find it in the options window (Alt-o to bring that up) under the keyboard settings.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:17 AM   #653
Izna Marcos
A Fire Beetle

xym, i tried that viewport thing..did /viewport deafult and it said the 1280 1124 setting was being used, but i STILL have black edges around my screen...i don't know whats up...don't know what else to try either..
Izna Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:51 AM   #654
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Lightbulb

Quote:
i tried that viewport thing..did /viewport deafult and it said the 1280 1124 setting was being used, but i STILL have black edges around my screen
I'm sure this is just a typo in the post, not in game, but I think the actual command is "/viewport reset". The arguments for a full 1280x1024 window are "/viewport 0 0 1280 1024".

If that does not solve your problem, try deleting or renaming your UI_char_server.ini file while you are not logged in. When you log back in, you should get the default UI and a full screen. Then you can get back to the custom with /load, using the default locations and sizes. I am not at home to check, but I think there is no viewport information stored in eqclient.ini.

For tech support thoroughness, in case you still have black borders around your screen after trying the above ... Can you drag UI pieces into the black areas? Is that the same resolution you use on your desktop? If not, and if the black areas are completely inaccessible, it could be that you need to mess with horizontal or vertical alignment of your monitor using the buttons normally found on the front of the monitor.

Please respond (here or in a PM) with what solved your problem, or ask again if these ideas don't help.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #655
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Default Still Alive

I just wanted to let people know I am still here and still willing to answer questions and maintain my UI.

The last update to the main version fixed the buttons in the augment container window. The Delete and Remove buttons should now fill the entire bottom of the window.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:22 PM   #656
Rob127
A Fire Beetle

Server: fennin ro
Send a message via AIM to Rob127
Default Buff window

I downloaded this UI when it first came out and have been useing it since ... i love the style and it makes thing alot easier to read and see. However on the newest release i am haveing trouble with the buff window. The buff images on the buff window are not staying with your model ... they dgo back to the defult model. How an i fix this? ... i dont check the fourms here alot so if u know the answer can u send me an e-mail at [email protected] please
Rob127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:18 PM   #657
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
The buff images on the buff window are not staying with your model ... they dgo back to the defult model. How an i fix this?

I took the buff icons out of my UI download when I stopped modifying them. You can use any icon set you like. Just unzip the icons into the xym directory along with all my xml files. The icons shown in the screenshots are T.King "Spell Icons" version G2.5 (Gold Filigree Edition).
Old 02-06-2005, 02:01 PM   #658
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Default Xym UI is no longer supported

I am no longer playing EverQuest, so this UI will not be supported in the future.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #659
Mr. Magoo
A Gray Wolf

Default Ac

Where do i find the AC info, maybe i just overlooked it
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:59 AM   #660
Carene
A Fire Beetle

Unhappy

I am saddened and plain sick that your fabulous ui will no longer be supported. I wouldnt know how to play on the default since Ive always used yours and know how much it has enhanced my game. Are you sure you wont return to eq? Ill PL you! Lol. /sigh this is a sad day........
Carene is offline   Reply With Quote