Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 11-15-2002, 07:06 AM   #1
Ttuk
A Bat

Default 800 x 600 Resolution.

Hi all,

I don't think I've ever posted here but I love this sight. I've taken a shot at creating my own UI and I can't seem to get it to work well, probably because I am trying to teach myself. Anywho, I have been using the Crystal Meth vert mod v2.2 and now it doesn't work, he doesn't seem to be updating it on his site and I haven't heard of any sure fixes, I've tried to play with it a bit but I have no idea.

Are there any good custom UI's out there that are good on 800 x 600?

Since vert2.2 doesn't work I have been using default but I really miss not having %'s for health/mana/exp/aaexp/group members and some information in the player window like exp/aaexp/hp/ac.

If anyone can either help me out so I can just customize the playerwindow and group window ui's or if anyone has a good UI please respond to this, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time,
Ttuk
Ttuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 11:44 AM   #2
Silent Angel
A Ghoul

I had a simular problem using the same mod myself with my necro I did the following and mine now works pls try it never know it may help and work, worse case its not the same problem and it will have waisted 10 mins of your time.

Think I might have a fix, but on the other hand I do not know XML so I may be barking up the wrong tree however cannot hurt trying .

I noticed some .ini files in the EverQuest folder I haven't seen before (this is not to say they where not there before because its not like I spend my time looking through the EverQuest folder on a regular basis. )

Goes as follows, how I got my Vert UI and the new Quartz mod to work when before only the Default would load. I looked through the error logg and it basically said that every file the mod was trying to load was wrong and therefore it loaded the default version in its place.

So in fact the new UI has loaded, but only because the way UI's can inherit files from the default folder. If the new UI doesn't contain that specific OR VALID file types it will use the ones from the default UI to fill in the gaps.

I know your thinking about now, WFT all my files are xml etc, so were mine. It got me thinking what is it missing so that it knows Vert is a mod. I found these files

UI_<char’s name>_<server #>.ini

UNDER the main section on the key UISkin = <insert skin name>

[Main]
UISkin=VERT
GlobalFadeDelay=500
GlobalAlpha=208
GlobalFadeToAlpha=208

ALSO

Eqclient.ini

The following keys should read NewUI=TRUE and then UISKin=<insert skin name>, also great care should be taken to ensure NewUI entry is BEFORE the UNSkin entry.

NewUI=TRUE
UISkin=VERT

I then reloaded EverQuest and loaded the skin and low and behold it worked.

UI char name server # being the file i hadn't seen before
Silent Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 02:46 PM   #3
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

It doesn't look like the Vert site has been touched in a few months, however, Sokol has been taking very good care of us Vert users and has posted updates, mods, etc. here:
http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...wfiles&catid=31

I'd suggest trying out one of those to see if they'll get things working for you. If not, posting a copy of your UIErrors file would help the gurus here to figure out the problem and post suggestions on how you can fix it.

One other thing, though slightly off subject, this forum has probably the sweetest people frequenting it. So many that are always willing to lend a hand. It's such a nice place to come and read and relax. Thanks guys!
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote