Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 11-20-2004, 07:59 PM   #1
aurbo
A Gray Wolf

Default UI mod request for guildy with poor eyesight

Greetings,

Looking to see if someone has already made a HOTKEY mod to allow the text on the hotkeys groups to be made larger.

/chatfontsize 1-5 covers all the other issues with text..

Only issue remaining is the hotkeys.. the default text and size is still too small for him to read.

reso = 1024x768

Cheers

Aurbo
aurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:55 PM   #2
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

If your feeling daring there is a way to increase the font size of the hotbuttons but it requires editing a little code.

In the ui folder your using loook for the EQUI_HotButtonWND.xml file and open it with notepad.

then look for lines like this one

<Button item="HB_Button1">
<ScreenID>HB_Button1</ScreenID>
<Font>1</Font>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>90</X>
<Y>4</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>40</CX>
<CY>40</CY>
</Size>

Theres more to the code for that particular button but the part you want to concern yourself with is

<Font>1</Font>

That determins the size of the font. Keep in mind by increasing the size of the font you will lose some of the text based on the size of the button. Possibly it will bleed over the edges though i dont think that will be the case

All you need to do is alter the number to a higher number and it will make the fonts bigger. You will need to do this for every item you want to have larger text. In this example it will need to be for each button in the file. You can probably use the replace command with notepad to do it faster. Make sure you save the file when your done then you can reload the ui in game. If your friend is using the default ui its a bit more tricky but still farily straightforward

Open the default folder in the uifiles folder make a copy of the file of the same name as above. Then paste the file in a new folder in the uifiles folder.
Then do as stated above. when in the game use the otions window load ui command and you will see the folder you created with the file(s) listed just load it up and the game will take the rest you didnt modify from the default folder.

Hope that helps your friend a little. Keep in mind you can do this to just about any file that has the
<Font>1</Font>
line in it. But there is the confines of the space alloted to it. Make the text to large for say the names int he group window and you may well cut the nam,es in half. Just play around with it and see what you can come up with.

Hope that helps and good luck to you
Sharu
Old 11-30-2004, 08:34 PM   #3
aurbo
A Gray Wolf

Changing the font works to some degree, but using 1024x768 resolution, even the largest font is still small to him,

What I can envision, is a hotkey set stretched across the bottom of the screen into 10 equal rectangles, (not squares) that way the font size can be enlarged to the point where he can see it.

Anyone have a hotbutton.xml file that is stretched into rectangles?

A
Old 12-01-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
aurbo
A Gray Wolf

Attached is a screenshot taken in 1024x768 resolution

rough sketched in is what I am trying to find or perhaps someone is willing to take a stab at.

hotbuttons are roughly 3 times normal width and 1.5 times normal height.

Spell icons skill buttons / inventory buttons can be dropped in the center in original size as long as the button press area covers the larger size.

Anyone willing to take a stab at this?

Cheers
Aurbo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.JPG (76.2 KB, 54 views)
Old 12-13-2004, 05:01 PM   #5
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via Yahoo to rjengel
Talking I will see what I can code out for you.

I will see what I can code out for you, Give me a day or two to test it out a bit and work any bugs that may arrise. I will post a copy of the file here for you once I complete it... If I dont post back in 2 days send me an e-mail so I dont forget which thread it was in..
[email protected]
rjengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:29 PM   #6
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via Yahoo to rjengel
Talking

This is a starter that I did for your friend.
Let me know how they like it.
If you need any special tailoring done for this window let me know
by e-mailing me at [email protected]
or By PMing here
rjengel is offline   Reply With Quote