Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Tutorials & Info. > XML Tutorials & Info.
User Name
Password

Old 07-16-2004, 05:06 AM   #1
qintanyon
A Fire Beetle

Lightbulb Adding HoTT gauge

After searching here to find a way to add HoTT to my main target window with no luck I went and figured it out myself. I fugured I would share what I came up with. For starters this is code modified from Remelio's excellent work, so the main code credit goes to him.

Here is what it looks like:

(I added the HoTT directly under my normal target, you may put it where you wish)

The following code goes into the xml of the window you want this gauge displayed in. I commented each section so you know what it's doing.

Code:
<!--************The % numeral****************--> <Label item ="PW_TTarget"> <ScreenID>TTargetLabel</ScreenID> <EQType>120</EQType> <Font>1</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>115</X> <Y>34</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>15</CX> <CY>10</CY> </Size> <Text></Text> <TextColor> <R>255</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter> <AlignRight>true</AlignRight> </Label> <!--************The % symbol****************--> <Label item ="PW_TTarget%"> <ScreenID>TTargetLabel%</ScreenID> <Font>0</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>132</X> <Y>34</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>8</CX> <CY>10</CY> </Size> <Text>%</Text> <TextColor> <R>0</R> <G>0</G> <B>0</B> </TextColor> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter> <AlignRight>false</AlignRight> </Label> <!--*** The colored sphere under the % symbol *********--> <!--*** (optional, however if you remove it you may ******--> <!--*** need to adjust the color of the % symbol ********--> <Gauge item = "PW_SphereTTargetY"> <ScreenID>TSphereGauge</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>130</X> <Y>34</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>30</CX> <CY>10</CY> </Size> <GaugeOffsetX>-10</GaugeOffsetX> <GaugeOffsetY>0</GaugeOffsetY> <TextOffsetY>-50</TextOffsetY> <FillTint> <R>235</R> <G>232</G> <B>64</B> </FillTint> <EQType>27</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Background>RedSphere</Background> <Fill>YellowSphere</Fill> </GaugeDrawTemplate> </Gauge> <Gauge item = "PW_SphereTTargetG"> <ScreenID>TSphereGauge</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>130</X> <Y>34</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>20</CX> <CY>10</CY> </Size> <GaugeOffsetX>-20</GaugeOffsetX> <GaugeOffsetY>0</GaugeOffsetY> <TextOffsetY>-50</TextOffsetY> <FillTint> <R>0</R> <G>173</G> <B>99</B> </FillTint> <EQType>27</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Fill>GreenSphere</Fill> </GaugeDrawTemplate> </Gauge> <!--************The HoTT gauge****************--> <Gauge item = "PW_TTargetGauge"> <ScreenID>TTargetHP</ScreenID> <Font>3</Font> <TextColor> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>240</B> </TextColor> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>3</X> <Y>20</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>108</CX> <CY>24</CY> </Size> <GaugeOffsetY>16</GaugeOffsetY> <TextOffsetY>2</TextOffsetY> <!-- This places the Target name --> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <TooltipReference/> <FillTint> <R>240</R> <G>0</G> <B>0</B> </FillTint> <LinesFillTint> <R>220</R> <G>220</G> <B>0</B> </LinesFillTint> <DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill> <EQType>27</EQType> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Background>A_GaugeBackground</Background> <Fill>A_GaugeFill</Fill> <Lines>A_GaugeLines</Lines> <LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill</LinesFill> <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft</EndCapLeft> <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight</EndCapRight> </GaugeDrawTemplate> </Gauge> <!--*************************************-->

You will also need to place the following in the pieces section near the bottom of the xml file.

Code:
<Pieces>PW_TTarget</Pieces> <Pieces>PW_SphereTTargetY</Pieces> <Pieces>PW_SphereTTargetG</Pieces> <Pieces>PW_TTarget%</Pieces> <Pieces>PW_TTargetGauge</Pieces>

To make everything line up correctly in whatever window you put this in you will most likely need to adjust the numbers in the sections that look like this:
Code:
<Location> <X>##</X> <Y>##</Y> </Location>

Hope this helped someone. Have a great day.

- Qint
qintanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:35 PM   #2
smoke_sots
A Treant

Default Great Stuff

I will be happy to add this into the current UI i am building..

it will make it slightly easier to find out who your tank is targeting without hitting /ass alot of times..

and for a cleric it will let them know how much more they'll have to heal the tank before they get a rest :P

My question is does it allow you to click on the name/guage of the target to select them??

If we could work that one out it would be even better.
smoke_sots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:04 AM   #3
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

1 - this only works if the Group leader has purchased the Target of Target Group Ability
2 - I haven't tried clicking on the name/guage in the HoTT window (default) so can't answer that part But if it doesn't work in the default I would bet that it cannot be done at this time.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 05:58 PM   #4
smoke_sots
A Treant

Default Posibilty

Would it be posible for it to be set to have an /assist %T option set in by a hotspot?

Not sure what coding would be used to accomplish this if it is posible..

I think i've seen a hotspot code somewhere i can't remember where though.
smoke_sots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #5
mikitta
A Snow Cougar

Default Tried this and it didn't work :/

woot, I figgured out how to do this and it is REALLY simple. The biggest thing to remember is to change your declared pieces from "TargetofTarget_HP" to "Target_hottHP" or something else you remember. What ever window you place it in, the window name declaration has to come to the left of the _ and the identification of the item to the right. Once I figgured that out, it was a breeze !

Thanks for the tutorial

God Bless,
mik

Last edited by mikitta : 09-20-2005 at 10:18 PM.
mikitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:56 AM   #6
deanoah
A Hill Giant

Server: Prexus
Default EQtype 27?

Just learning to do UIs, so please type slow why use type 27 throughout the code? thought 27 was "Alternate Experience Percentage "?
deanoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:09 AM   #7
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

In a <Label item> section, 27 is AA xp %, you're right, and would display a number.

But used in a <Gauge item> section ... 27 is the target-of-target HP gauge.

It's also one of your bag slots if used in an <InvSlot item> section.
Wymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:21 AM   #8
deanoah
A Hill Giant

/thumps self in head

OMG noob! (meaning me) lol.. k.. i've learned alot since i posted that.. thanks much! have actually taken a rather complex group window (with player stats) and made it usuable by the wife.. lol... so i am learning, and will hopefully be able to stop asking noob questions soon! lol

Thank you for the help!!
Old 10-28-2005, 03:25 PM   #9
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoah
/thumps self in head

OMG noob! (meaning me) lol.. k.. i've learned alot since i posted that.. thanks much! have actually taken a rather complex group window (with player stats) and made it usuable by the wife.. lol... so i am learning, and will hopefully be able to stop asking noob questions soon! lol

Thank you for the help!!

Only noob question is the question not asked

Weskat
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #10
deanoah
A Hill Giant

lol.. hmm.. sounds kinda familiar! if i would have waited a few days to post that, i wouldn't have needed to.. figured that one out... now dealing with when to left and right allign stuff that is grouped together.. grrr! lol but i will learn!