Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Tutorials & Info. > XML Tutorials & Info.
User Name
Password

Old 07-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
Repentinus
A Ghoul

Server: Cazic-Thule
Default UI newb!

I'm interested in creating my own UI. I've downloaded tons but often I get not exactly what I'm looking for. I'll see a piece of it here and say "Wow" that good but it won't have everything I need. Then what I need will be there without what I want. So I figure the best way to get that is to create it myself. Problem is I have no idea what or how to do it. Where would you suggest I start. Obviously my basic two hurdles are learning XML and learning how to apply it to EQ. I was looking at the W3 School thing and looks like I can use that to understand XML but I have yet to find anything that will help me apply it to EQ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. How long should I expect before I can see a personally created UI? Weeks? Months? *gulp* Years?
Repentinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repentinus
P.S. How long should I expect before I can see a personally created UI? Weeks? Months? *gulp* Years?

Read the FAQs and tutorials here. There are posts that outline all of the EQ Types as well as other information you need to know to write EQUI XMLs

When you're ready, START SMALL. Don't try to creeate a T King or Cairenn or Drakah clone on your first try. UIs like Delta and WoW are very intricately coded with a lot of additional files added.

Find a UI you like - or pieces of a UI you like - and open the XML file in an editor (I use Cooktop but Wordpad works just as well) To begin with I'd choose a minimalist UI - one with as few graphics and "extra's as possible - to learn the basics of the EQUI XML code

Study the coding while looking at the window in EQ if possible and play around with changing some of the settings. Obvious ones to change would be sizes and locations of things like text labels and guages - and see how your changes affect the window itself.

When you have a handle on what governs what take the default file for the window you want to modify and start adding or changing it to what you want it to include.

Guaranteed you will break the UI more than a few times but that's a part of the process :P
Old 09-02-2006, 05:03 AM   #3
Graxle
A Gray Wolf

Server: Kane Bayle
Send a message via Yahoo to Graxle
Smile New Hobby

Hi, my name is Graxle Omnistorm of Antonious Bayle server and i have reached a moment in my EQ life that i would like to give rather then recieve to Druids of all Servers by learning how to make UI's for them , first off i would like to learn how to Make UI's for Patcher and Login Screen = ) specifically one that Hosts my Guild Name as i am a Guild Leader and would like to Distribute it through out my guild.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Not sure how the login and patcher are gonna benefit druids, but all the instruction you need is in these forums.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
Graxle
A Gray Wolf

Server: Kane Bayle
Send a message via Yahoo to Graxle
Default New Hobby

hmm can you link the Posts? or somthin this Forum is so big....
Graxle is offline   Reply With Quote