Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Rhunfer
A Gray Wolf

Default Outdated UI...need some help

I've been away from the game for a while and am trying to get my old UI to work with some of the new features and I can't seem to find any recent UI pieces which will work.

I believe I have a combination of pieces from old AYA, Turlo and Sparxx files, and my most pressing need is to get a player and group window similar to what I have but working with the stats which are tied to the new inventory window. Basically, everything is default except player, group, target/HoTT, buffs, inventory, and spell casting window. I think I have a miniature potion belt window as well.

Can anyone help me to identify these old pieces, so maybe I can find or request updated files? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ_UI_Image.jpg (278.6 KB, 35 views)
Rhunfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Can you add your UIErrors file lines that start with error? (Warning is normal functionality). That might be my buff window, but not recognizing the player window. You didn't show the inventory window, but if that is mine, there is an updated component available for download.

"Ah, but you HAVE heard of me."
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Rhunfer
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for the reply!

I didn't see anything in the UIerrors.txt file other than:
"UIErrorLog created at Sun Oct 20 19:13:35 2013"

The UI loads, but it is missing the new features like merc stats, aggro meters, etc. Since the inventory file is linked to the player/group window, I can't update one without updating the others.

Attached is my current inventory window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inventory_Window.jpg (84.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Every single one of those new features generates an error in the log file. You might want to check again.

Aya is now being updated. I found it in the downloads section and although the screenshots were out of date, I talked to the current developer and they are supporting the new features

Based on what I am seeing, either you are using elements that are very close to default, or you copied default into the custom ui folder before installing. Do not do that. That will cause so many problems. Any missing files will generate from the default directory automatically so there is no reason to copy default.

I would recommend trying the new version of Aya in a fresh ui folder. See if that supports your needs. If you need any assistance past that point, feel free to ask.
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Rhunfer
A Gray Wolf

Thanks Turlo!