User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Upcoming for October\November 2003

reposted from EQLive Upcoming Updates

Here are some things we're working on for the November update: (Please note: my producer is making me tell you that in addition to this list, we'll still be bug fixing and maintaining the live game and that, while we hope to get each of these features in, nothing is certain. But this is what we're working on at the present time.)

New LDoN raids will go Live - We be moving the two new raids that were introduced on Stormhammer to the Live servers. These raids will prove an interesting challenge for the best of guilds.

Another new LDoN raid - We will also be bringing one more new LDoN raid to Stormhammer with our next update. This raid will be created with Elemental capable characters in mind.

Font changes - Since EverQuest was launched, there has only been one font available. With the next update we plan to introduce the option for players to choose the font for their interface.

Targeting - Sometimes it can be difficult to tell which NPC you have targeted. With the next update we hope to add a targeting indicator of some sort (something like the ring that surrounds your target in EQOA). The exact form hasn't been decided, but the goal is to make seeing what you currently have targeted much easier.

Consider - Along the same lines as the proposed improvement to targeting, we want to add a way to distinguish the /con color of your target. We plan an indicator that will be easily distinguished once you have a target (probably someplace in the Target window), that should remove the need to use the /con command.

Other interface changes - We are also working on some other changes that will help you to organize your information. We plan to add a new text color option for damage shield reports that will allow you to pick what color those messages use. We also want to split the "My Pet Attacks" filter into two separate filters, one for hits and one for misses.

/tell windows - It is very easy to lose /tells in the confusion of combat. We want to add an option that would work much like an instant messenger. Each time you get a "tell" from a new character, a new chat window would open. That window will only display "tells" from the particular character, and any message sent from the chat window would automatically be sent as a "tell" to that character. Obviously this would be an optional feature.

Help for new players - New characters will start with a bag. This will give them a little more storage space and the opportunity to learn how storage containers work earlier rather than later. We are also working on removing one of the more tedious "features" of the game, the need to practice Sense Heading. Most folks have that skill mapped to trigger along with one of their movement keys. Not an exciting skill to practice. So we plan to have all characters start with a 200 skill in Sense Heading. This will allow new players to navigate more easily, and will reduce a bit of tedium over the course of gameplay.

WOOOT~

Last edited by Ellyana : 10-16-2003 at 04:16 PM.
Ellyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

OMG the letter about fonts they actually submitted?

I think Im about to fall over and faint.

WTG SOE! WHOOT!

~ I went over to eqlive site, and I did not see this text actually posted there. Where did you find this lovely info?

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 04:02 PM   #3
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

Under Game Updates - Upcoming Updates

Old 10-16-2003, 04:04 PM   #4
Drakah
Skinning Guru

thanks hun =) /hugz
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 04:05 PM   #5
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr

I hope they add an on/off button for the chat window popup thing. Other than that, everything looks really cool.

EDIT: Ok...can you tell I don't read very well when I'm in a hurry!

Last edited by forry : 10-16-2003 at 07:10 PM.
forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 04:06 PM   #6
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

It says that will be Optional.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:16 PM   #7
LiamLee
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Default Consider Done Right

I just hope that the CONSIDER feature will be usable in other windows other than the target window. My target info is in my player window and I like having it there. Maybe they might assign it to an EQTYPE so it would be usable in other windows.

LiamLee
LiamLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 04:24 PM   #8
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Solusek Ro

YaY for fonts!!
The only thing that concerns me is if it's a blanket change... you want a different font in the chat windows, and it changes all the fonts, including the names over people's heads. I hope they give a decent amount of control.

What's the deal with all the help for young characters?!? In my day we had to walk to and from the merchants... uphill both ways! We didn't have bags or a compass... and we liked it!! hehe.

Looks like good stuff. If only fixing old bugs was a little higher on the list... I love new stuff, but problems that have been around for years in some cases are kind of a bad mark on SoE. They need to know their own game well enough to get the oldest bugs out eventually.
Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 04:30 PM   #9
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

Quote:
So we plan to have all characters start with a 200 skill in Sense Heading. This will allow new players to navigate more easily, and will reduce a bit of tedium over the course of game play.

I think this a really dumb.. why not have the newbies hit sense heading like we have for over 4 years....why would anyone want to level up if your going to give them all the options that higher level have??

In my opinion if there to dumb to know how to hit a button then they don't belong in this game..

Other wise it looks good =)
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 05:28 PM   #10
Fyrfytr
A Treant

Server: Tribunal

I think those of us who learned Sense Heading the old-fashioned way should get a reward...like an AA or two!

Fyrfytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 05:59 PM   #11
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir
Default Bugger

Great...now I only soent the last two weeks practicing my Sense heading for nothing...*weeps a bit*...but all my new chars wont have too...hehe
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 06:26 PM   #12
Taleisin

they are finally giving us the ability to change fonts.... guess I can trash my hack that does that :P

Quote:
Help for new players - New characters will start with a bag. This will give them a little more storage space and the opportunity to learn how storage containers work earlier rather than later. We are also working on removing one of the more tedious "features" of the game, the need to practice Sense Heading. Most folks have that skill mapped to trigger along with one of their movement keys. Not an exciting skill to practice. So we plan to have all characters start with a 200 skill in Sense Heading. This will allow new players to navigate more easily, and will reduce a bit of tedium over the course of gameplay.

1 year later

Help for new players - New characters will start with their epics, and 30000plat. This will give them a little more twink ability and the opportunity to learn how to handle the stress of getting to level 65 in 2 weeks. We are also working removing one of the more tedious "features" of the game, the need to practice anything. Most folks don't have the time to work on their skills. So we plan to add a macro into the game that will let you raise your skills by 200 points all at once, untill they are all capped.

Last edited by Taleisin : 10-16-2003 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:36 PM   #13
LancerChronics
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Mithaniel Marr

I wish they would do the same thing to some of my rogue skills as they are doing to sense heading, i practice sense/disarm traps the exact same way...and sense/disarm traps takes much longer...

Tillek Rabbitslayer, Rogue
Conundruum, Mage
Mithaniel Marr
LancerChronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:19 PM   #14
Raynsmajic
An Icepaw Kobold

heh, im extremely happy they are basically doing away with the sense heading skill.... heh, now i have another space for a hotkey... makes me very very very very happy

and that text feature will be AWESOME!!!!!
ive been wanting to change my text for a while..... CAN'T WAIT!!!
heh, that target/con thing seeme like it will be really kewl......
maybe i will be able to break my habit of hitting the "C" button every couple of seconds during combat, lol....
alls i can say is, wow, SoE is actually doin sommat really kewl!!
/cheers!!
Tunare Server
/gsay Time for some smackey smackey on %T!
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way" Juan Ramon Jimenez
Raynsmajic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:34 PM   #15
Cijam
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Tribunal

First you dont have to have yer view blocked with a book while medding ..

Now you dont have to work yer sense heading??

Sheesh kids now adays got it too easy <GRIN>
Cijam is offline   Reply With Quote