Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > SOE Corner
User Name
Password

Old 08-09-2004, 07:16 PM   #31
cognitur
A Hill Giant

Default EQIM mods

Has anyone put any time into mods for EQIM? It could be improved a lot in terms of readability. Some of us old codgers just cannot read that small print well any more. There is not much point in my trying to edit the xml if someone has already done it.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:45 AM   #32
Munky
A Bat

*bump*

It looks like with the maintenance downtime this week they are moving world servers around on their internal network. EQIM can't find Bristlebane (reports it as down when it isn't).

Anyone have/know how to get the new server numbers so they can be edited into the serverinfo.xml?
Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:58 AM   #33
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I haven't been able to connect to any server on EQIM today. I know that my server is up to because my mule account is logged into it.

I'm hoping that it doesn't take until the last set of servers is done before EQIM gets working again.

EDIT:
I just realised that my EQ accounts expired today, and my mule was only still on because I hadn't logged off that ccount yet. Since I haven't reactivated them yet, and probably won't today since I hadn't planned on playing, I do not know if there is actually an issue with EQIM. 8)

Last edited by mortis42 : 08-24-2004 at 02:01 PM.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:51 PM   #34
flamewalker
A Bat

There is something wrong with EQIM. It will not see Innoruuk for me... and a couple others. We will probably have to wait for them to update the xml file
flamewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:46 PM   #35
Karaab
A Ghoul

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Actually, it looks like they have to update the login server for EQIM in order for it to work. It has to do with the servers moving around, but the names are still the same. Unfortunately, best bet would probably be to wait until all the servers' "schedule maintenance" is finished, then give them time to make the changes necessary.
EQ Utilities
Karaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:10 AM   #36
Roger Sewell
Network Engineer

Server: All
Send a message via AIM to Roger Sewell Send a message via Yahoo to Roger Sewell

I fixed the server and client config's for EQIM and they should be working properly now. Thanks to Fippy as well
Roger Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:47 PM   #37
Rols
A Ghoul

Server: Drinal
Send a message via AIM to Rols Send a message via MSN to Rols Send a message via Yahoo to Rols

I just tried to setup this EQIM. I can get the front end to patch but I keep getting a invalid account error when I try to sign in. I assume that you use your station ID and password for EQIM like you do for EQ. I use the prepaid cards for playing EQ (because I don't have credit cards) and can only figure that this might be the only thing stopping me. Can someone tell me if there is something else I need to do?

Last edited by Rols : 09-05-2004 at 11:55 PM.
Rols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:00 AM   #38
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

I was able to use it flawlessly, no problems here.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:56 AM   #39
Rols
A Ghoul

Send a message via AIM to Rols Send a message via MSN to Rols Send a message via Yahoo to Rols

Ok. I'm going to try it again. See what happens this time. Nope, still invalid log in.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:05 AM   #40
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

I can load EQIM, but as soon as I select a buddy or chat channel is gives me a box saying EQIM has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. Been getting this error for months. Is there anyway to get around that? I know others still use this flawlessly and it's a nice tool to have available.
Mareeuh
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:18 AM   #41
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

Uninstall the program from your system first. Then delete the EQIM folder and all of its contents. After that, go into the registry editor and do a key search for EQIM. As you find each instance delete them. Restart your computer and run the EQIM installer again.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:39 AM   #42
Rols
A Ghoul

Ok. I've just wiped everything for EQIM off my system. Re-downloaded the patcher and getting ready to run it again. See what happens here.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:41 AM   #43
Karaab
A Ghoul

Server: Maelin Starpyre

I've noticed that if your password has a non-alphanumeric (letter/number) character in it, EQIM won't recognize it and you'll always get an invalid login.
Karaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:50 AM   #44
Rols
A Ghoul

And it gave me the same Invalid Login. Guess I could try changing my password and see if that help. I currently have a seven digit one. Be funny if that is all I have to do to use this.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:56 AM   #45
Rols
A Ghoul

That worked. Had an all numberic password, changed it and now I can log in. Thanks for listening to me here while trying to figure this out.