Old 07-08-2003, 04:42 PM   #62
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Courtinae:
Glad you found em!

Auldial:
You can make the pet window stop closing by going into Options(Alt-O) and click on Pet Window Popup button..

Rolarin: Thanks!

Divax: Ok I'll look into that.. I also recieved an email saying the 15th buff just displays the name.. no icon or background..

So I have 2 bugs on my list right now:
1. 15th Buff
2. Indicators are showing text when red (they should not)

anyone notice anything else wrong?
-Hawkren (20 SHM)
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:27 PM   #63
gizzaran
A Ghoul

Is there anyway to get a map window just like the one you have made here at the regular size? Personally I like to my map window transparent when i am running from one place to the next, so having a bigger map would be nice. Less squinting. Thanks!!
Old 07-09-2003, 12:18 AM   #64
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

I attached a new patch for tablets 1.2..
It Fixes:
-Compatabilty with outside mods (ie Cairenn's 3 line buff window)
-The 15th buff not showing up causing it to be unclickable
-Indicators showing text when red/blinking

plus... (ATTN: Gizzaran)
a larger map mod-
Basically it's Default Map Window with letters on the buttons
instead of picture icons.. This makes buttons visible when window is 100% faded.. It's located in the folder named larger_map, in the mods folder.

To install patch:
Unzip contents of zip to your tablets folder and overwrite all..
Works with all colors..

Enjoy!

Edit: Removed outdated attachment

Last edited by Talyns : 08-27-2003 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:16 PM   #65
gizzaran
A Ghoul

Very nice on the new map window. Exactly what I was looking for. I have one other request when you get a moment, and I have not seen anyone here ask about it yet. I have used the "80 slot vendor" windows made by some others and I was wondering if you were able to do something similar so it had the same look and feel as the rest of this UI.
This is by far the best one that I have used thus far and I want to praise you for the hard work you have put in to make it so nice. Thanks!!!
gizzaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 12:30 PM   #66
Arision
A Bat

How can I get the buttons in the inventory area of the hotbutton box not to fade out? The fade to transparency in options does not effect it and I can find nothing in the XML file that will effect it either.

Arision
Arision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 02:34 AM   #67
Tlaian
A Bat

Default Great ui - But one question

In the window that displays your 8 inventory slots, how do I adjust the fading on that? I dont like the windows to change, want to be the same. Tried moving it, clicking on everything. Thanks
Tlaian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 08:45 AM   #68
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

gizzaran: No plans/time for an 80 slot merchant window yet.. You should be able to drop in any of the ones available..

Personally I like the way Cairenn's looks and works.. Just set it to appear over the inventory window.. Your 8 inventory slots are along the bottom..

If you choose one and it doesn't work let me know..

Arision & Tlaian: There's not much I can do about it.. This is a hardcoded feature/bug of SOE's windowing system.. Until they they give us a way to tie the tabs and sub-windows into the 2 main transparency levels it will have to remain that way..
Sorry..
Old 07-20-2003, 10:30 PM   #69
Esopus
A Fire Beetle

Exclamation

This UI works great! I've been looking a long time for a UI that looked good and had a clean, easy-to-use interface.

One thing that I think would be handy would be some way to get directly to my skills list from the main screen or perhaps even display the list instead of having to go through the inventory list. I spend a lot of time making sure my skills are maxed every time I level. Thank you!
Esopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 12:03 AM   #70
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Esopus: Sorry, The skills button is hardcoded to the inventory window and cannot be moved.. And the skills view is hard coded to skills window and cannot be moved..

I think just a key-command would suffice (like the AA window = 'v')
But, Sony in it's infinite wisdom hasn't even given us that..

However.. You can: Open the skills window and minimize it.. Then move it, let's say, under the lag meter and lock it there.. When you want to see your skills just hit the restore button..

But there is an issue with this to.. The skill window will probably close when zoning or if you hit escape..
Old 08-12-2003, 12:01 AM   #71
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

I started putting graphics from Vert 1 into this UI...

Just thought, I would show everyone what it looks like so far..

Any thoughts or comments are welcome ..

Edited to stop autoloading of screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tabvert.jpg (145.4 KB, 181 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 08-14-2003 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:08 AM   #72
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

Vert already is a modular UI but that looks neat. I've always liked that look.
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:43 PM   #73
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

I have a new screenshot for everyone to comment on..

But first I want to explain what I'm going for..

I wanted to make a more futuristic graphic set for this UI..
I was just using the Vert11 graphics for inspiration and a base... I think Vert is a good starting point for that futuristic feeling..

Over the last day and a half I went through and changed most of the vert graphics with custom deawn ones..About the only thing that from the original vert now is, The gauges, and slightly modified spellgems..

Anyway, Let me know what you think... Did I achieve a more futuristic look? Does it look alright? Anything stick out as being an eyesore? etc..

Note: No ETA yet.. I'm still tweaking the graphics a little and getting v1.3 of all the versions of tablets ready to upload..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prev01.jpg (143.5 KB, 427 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 08-13-2003 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:42 AM   #74
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

If I may be so bold as to comment again It looks fantastic, and I think it has achieved what you were going for. It is futuristic and quite clean. There was a time when I'd be dying to download it, but now I've sort of figured out what it is that I like and need. I've come to rely on textures and colors in a UI to make them attractive, since I only use very modular UI's with clean lines. I'm quite partial to Tablets blue and green wood, and due to the way I set my viewport it's nice to have a splash of color on the screen.
But...that's just me. I'm sure many others will love this new look, and cheers to keeping the ball rolling on the creativity front

Regards,
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 12:31 PM   #75
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Default aesthetics

The graphics look good if that's what you like. Smooth and square and in matching colors.

I have some aesthetic issues to point out though. These are issues I have with many interfaces, not only yours... it's just your lucky day to get picked on.

First, the chat windows seem small. Is 8 lines of scrolling text in each window enough? I usually want at least twice that many, even with my hits and misses elsewhere. Plus I'll sometimes open additional, even larger, windows when I use chat channels.

Next, the inventory window. The class animation doesn't match the color scheme or the theme. It takes up a lot of space in a window that is otherwise designed to be compact. I wonder why it's needed at all when a small autoequip button would suffice.

Then the viewport. A few windows are inside the viewport area instead of around the edges, which breaks up the otherwise clean lines in the interface. Perhaps the spell and buff windows need to be close for easy mouse access... but not any moreso than the hotkeys and clickables in inventory, so that's not enough of a reason.

The pet window is the opposite, it breaks up the lines outside the viewport. It will leave a big gap whenever it's automatically closed, so is more appropriate inside the viewport. It's not the only thing you can use to fill that space. Hitsmode windows for instance, or the selector window.

Finally, the spell casting window. Why is one button smaller than others? The mouse doesn't magically become more accurate whenever you want to open the spellbook or load a spellset.

If the viewport were just a little bit smaller you'd be able to fit all the windows along the edges instead of covering the viewport, and you'd have room to make the chat windows bigger as well.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread