Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 12-12-2003, 10:37 PM   #1
Mortac
A Ghoul

Default Resizing/moving gauges

I'm working with a target window:

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1140

What I'm trying to do is to add the smaller gauge to the bigger one (the gauge that shows every 20% under the larger one). I've added it with:

<LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill</LinesFill>

But my problem is that it looks a bit ugly. I really want a 20% gauge but it simply doesn't look good with the separations that follow with it (if this would be a gauge: __|__|__|__). So I figured I would put this gauge in the top instead of the bottom to avoid the separators (since the would end up outside the window and thus not get displayed), but I don't know how and if you can move them.

Hope I managed to explain my situation enough. Anyone got any clues?
Mortac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 11:17 PM   #2
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I don't think there is a way to move where this shows up.. unless I'm mistaken this is a hard coded part by SOE.. However, you can change the graphic for the gauge line fill.. if your UI is using the default gauge fill, then the graphic for it is located in window_pieces01.tga ..
kenwoodx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
Mortac
A Ghoul

Ahh got it. That was the solution to my problem! I've tried to edit it but when I open this .tga file in Paint Shop Pro and decrease its size a bit there shows up a black area in the game where I deleted a piece of the bar. How do I prevent the black area (the deleted area) from showing up in the game?
Old 12-13-2003, 09:06 AM   #4
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

make it not black!
Dreamlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:26 PM   #5
Mortac
A Ghoul

But then what do people that make these graphics do? I mean, if they can draw completely new graphics I'm sure I should be able to delete 2 lines of pixels from a gauge-graphic without having those lines turn black.

I assume what you are saying is that I should make the deleted area the same color as the HP bar? That wouldn't work, because since these are two separate gauges it would look awful when the larger one is almost empty, if you know what I mean.

I believe that the original black areas in the windowpieces.tga file is transparent ('empty graphics' in different places in the image, so to speak), but when I delete it in Paint Shop Pro it just makes the area a 'painted' black instead (not 'transparent graphics').

Do I make any sense here? Anyone that can give me a hand?

Last edited by Mortac : 12-14-2003 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #6
Mortac
A Ghoul

Nm, I solved it. It was the problem that I suspected: transparent graphics. Paint Shop Pro wasn't doing what I wanted so I decided to try with Adobe Photoshop and it worked right away.