Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
Seijiro Hiko
A Bat

Server: Emarr
Default XML Question

This is the first time I made an attempt to change my skins (XML) for the new UI. A friend of mine in game told me about this skin that is perfect for a melee (Warrior). So I asked him to send me that file. (XML) He told me to make a duplicate of my "default" folder from my EQ\UIfiles directory and rename it something else. (Melee). Then he told me to drag and drop the XML file that he sent me to that directory and it will replace the default player.xml to the one that I wanted. When I logged in the game and loaded that skin nothing happened. Then the game started booting me back to desktop when I try to log in with my main. I had no choice but to delete all the other "skin folder" then loaded the game back again to let the game load my "Default" one. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

-thanks
Seijiro Hiko
Warlord of Tribunal
Old 10-30-2002, 11:04 PM   #2
tcei
A Ghoul

Try this, open up your eq directory and click on Uifiles, then go File>New>Folder rename it to something that is oneword (I.E. myui), then drag and drop the file your friend gave you.

when you get into EQ, type /loadskin *foldername* true. It should load. If it doesn't work, then either the file is corrupt or outdated.

-Lady Lai
Brell
tcei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 01:39 AM   #3
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

And just to elaborate further... do NOT copy the files from your default folder. This is a waste of time, space, and Advil later on when Sony does another patch.

-Cormanth
Cormanth is offline   Reply With Quote