Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

Default Aya UI Problem?

I downloaded the AYA UI Compalation, because it looked fantastic on the screenshot. I followed the directions for a smaller resolution (1360x768 Full Screen)..including downloading the resolution file from "Patches and Files" and then renaming and saving it to main EverQuest folder.

Did all that, but all the pieces of the UI appear to be to big? I can't fit everything like in the screen shot, and what parts that I can fit, the UI would take an entire half of the screen.

Here is a screenshot. I do believe this is not even close.

http://imageshack.us/f/5/eq000002.png/

Yes, I have the Options for EverQuest set to the 1360x768 Full Screen.

Yes, I am a brand spanking new EverQuest player
Vigilantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Question

What resolution are you running for the monitor your playing EQ on?

Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

The same as the resolution I'm trying to play EQ in and set up a better UI.

1360x768

Old 05-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Smile

That would be your issue then. Most of the screenshots you see for various UI's are 1680x1050 or higher.

What you perceive as larger windows is actually your lower resolution making them appear larger.

EQ does not scale windows with the exception of the Hot bars which can be "sized".

Hope this helps.....
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

I suppose it does, although it's not particularly what I want to hear

I have this huge screen because its really a TV, but the biggest resolution is only 1360x768. Oh well.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
Vigilantz
A Ghoul

Although, I understand the the UI's were built for bigger resolutions...

but when a UI (like AYA) has you download different resolutions, I thought it meant you could use it regardless of your resolution.

For example... if I install AYA UI and do nothing... its the same as if I download their Resolution 1360.768 file, rename it, etc.

If it's only available for bigger resolutions, not sure why there are these additional steps for other resolutions.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Screens resolutions are not monitor specific, but instead display drivers specific. Check and see if there are updated drivers for your graphics card (nvidea, etc) and you may get some more resolutions.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
qoala
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by valaury3169
Screens resolutions are not monitor specific, but instead display drivers specific. Check and see if there are updated drivers for your graphics card (nvidea, etc) and you may get some more resolutions.

This is actually not true. All monitors have a maximum resolution and this resolution can vary. The Toshiba TV he is using probably has a maximum size of 1360x768. There are some TV's that have a different max depending on what input is used. I use TV's a lot for Digital Signage displays, some of these TV's have smaller resolutions when used with the VGA port, but go to full HD (1920X1080) when used with the HDMI port. This is not a software limitation but a hardware limitation on the TV.

In any event, a screen resolution of 1360X768 severely limits your gaming experience. I would recommend trying to find a better screen to use.
qoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by qoala
This is actually not true. All monitors have a maximum resolution and this resolution can vary. The Toshiba TV he is using probably has a maximum size of 1360x768. There are some TV's that have a different max depending on what input is used. I use TV's a lot for Digital Signage displays, some of these TV's have smaller resolutions when used with the VGA port, but go to full HD (1920X1080) when used with the HDMI port. This is not a software limitation but a hardware limitation on the TV.

In any event, a screen resolution of 1360X768 severely limits your gaming experience. I would recommend trying to find a better screen to use.

This is sorta true. However, your PC won't have any idea what the 'monitor' screens resolution is, not to mention that the TV resolution is mostly likely either 1280x720 (720i/p HD) or 1920x1080 (1080i/p HD). When you refer to 'max' what you really mean is 'native'. Native resolution simply means the exact number of pixels a monitor has, and if your output uses that resolution, then the pixels will be 1:1 providing you with the clearest picture. All monitors (in the cae TV) have scaling processors in them. In the same way that you can set your resolution to 640x480 and still see stuff, you can set your resolution to somthing higher then the native and you will still see it.

The 1360x768 limit he is hitting is a limitation of his graphics driver, not the device the output is going to.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilantz
. . . For example... if I install AYA UI and do nothing... its the same as if I download their Resolution 1360.768 file, rename it, etc.

If it's only available for bigger resolutions, not sure why there are these additional steps for other resolutions.

The .ini's for different resolutions contain the coordinate positions of the windows, i.e. where they appear on the screen. The .ini's don't change the size of the actual windows such that they will appear larger or smaller.

firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane

The different resolution files for UI's (in AYA's case, they are located in the add ons section) do not change the size of the UI, but the change the UI layout on your screen.

For example: On the 1920x1080 layout the UI has 5 chat windows, because they will fit. On the 1360x768 layout the UI only has 2 chat windows, because only 2 fit.

The limitations on your PC or Laptop will determine if your machine can handle those higher resolutions. Likewise....The limitations of your monitor will also determine the highest resolution the monitor can handle.

Example: Most cheaper laptops/PCs are low priced because their max resolution is 1360x768 and if you are using one of those, no matter what type of monitor you buy, it will play at 1360x768.

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote