Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #16
jay6600
A Ghoul

I am taking the one out of my UI and moving it to my desktop. Then I copy the default to my UI folder. Load my UI and it fails.
Here is the UIErrors.txt after doing the above
[Tue Nov 18 15:57:55 2008] [Line:24 Source:UIFiles\SY2\EQUI_TopLevelScreens.xml] Schema error - Expecting valid ElementType TopLevelWindowList
[Tue Nov 18 15:57:55 2008] Error reading XML.
[Tue Nov 18 15:57:55 2008] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
jay6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #17
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

do you have a custom equi in your ui folder every time i have seen that error has been caused by that. if so need to add all missing lines can open default and copy paste any lines missing from yours.

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #18
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Right, that answers it. If you're getting that error then either you copied the default folder when creating your custom UI, or the custom UI you included uses a custom SIDL.xml file.

If you copied default then this can be solved by deleting SIDL.xml. Unfortunately, it also means you're likely to have a whole load of other out of date files in there. That is why copying the default is bad, since it's likely you'll now need to work out which files were from default and remove them all so that EQ can load the correct, up to date files.

Alternatively, if the UI includes a SIDL.xml file then it's almost as tricky. You can try removing it, but there's a good chance you'll loose some functionality or get more errors after doing that. UIerrors.txt only generally shows one error at once, so it's going to be a case of fixing one problem, and seeing what crops up next.

To be honest, unless you know quite a bit about UI's and interpreting the UIerrors.txt file, you're probably better starting again. Create a new (empty) folder under uifiles, download the pieces you want again, and save just the files from the downloads in there.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #19
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

I doubt it's a custom equi.xml file Halelen, surely TopLevelScreens.xml wouldn't loading if that had been modified?

My understanding is that a schema error means it's found an element it doesn't understand, which means the SIDL.xml file is out of date.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #20
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

Could be I am by no means an xml expert, can only speak from what I have experienced. The two files I have fixed for others that error was linked to an outdated custom equi. Keep us posted its information that can be used by others later.

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #21
jay6600
A Ghoul

Ok I got it working now. I just copied the Default. Then renamed it and added all my custom UI files that I wanted to use. Thank you everyone for your help on this matter.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #22
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Nooooo!

Don't ever copy the default. That's almost certainly what got you into this mess in the first place.

If you know the UI files you want to use, just create an empty UI folder and copy them into there. EQ will automatically use the default for any files that are missing.

That way, when SoE updates the UI, all you have to worry about are the few customised files you use. Any other files will load the updated versions automatically.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #23
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

PS. Halelen, the way I understand it is this:

EQUI.xml gives EQ the list of xml files to load. Some developers modify this to add their own files (although personally I find it just as easy to add items to the existing files).

SIDL.xml then tells EQ *how* to read those xml files. It includes the definitions for all the elements like gauges, screens, etc. A schema error for a piece that should be working will indicate a problem with this file.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #24
jay6600
A Ghoul

Very good idea. Wish i would of thought of it. BTW Myxiplx could I get you to attepmt to make a UI file for me? I like your map UI with the bag tab and the two colors, but i would like it to be the defult size. Can you do this for me?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #25
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Heh, I don't need to. Serianna wanted it larger years ago, so adapted my code for her version of Egras' UI, and that's now available as a stand alone download:

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5381
Old 11-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #26
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Whoops, could probably also do with explaining that I don't have the bags on the map any more, I found it was too easy to leave the map open while zoning which could cause crashes.

Instead, I moved the bags to the bandolier window, and also added armour items to make it easier to use clickies straight from there:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5451
Old 11-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #27
jay6600
A Ghoul

Awesome thank you again.