Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 02-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #1
muidem
A Gray Wolf

Server: bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Format

Sorry about the obscure title, I didn't really know what to put.

Let me start by saying I have noticed, that even if you dont have an XML file (Ex. EQUI_MapViewWnd) that is specific to your UI, you can take that same file from the default EQ UI, and copy it over the existing one in your UI; and it will take the same shape, border, tint, color etc etc of all the other windows in your custom UI.

My problem is, the UI I use, which is my own mix and match version of the infiniti UI's, is loading with some sort of an XML error, and I can't seem to be able to find the particular file that is causing the error.

What I have done so far, is taken the custom UI, and added in the infinti version of EQUI_PlayerWindow and EQUI_HotButtonWnd.

I said all of that to ask this, is there some sort of a master xml file that defines how your windows should appear, that I can paste over the default one, that will allow me to "use the default ui" but with the infiniti look.

Obviously i renamed the file to something else or it would patch over if i left it named default.

Sorry for the long post but i hate people who post and don't leave enough information to understand their question.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated =)
muidem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

EQUI_Template.xml holds all of the windows draw templates (WDT). You can also define your own WDT inside the specific XML that you wish to change instead of using a central xml for all of them.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
muidem
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for the fast answer =)

So what your saying is, if i copy the file EQUI_Template.xml from the old ui, into a new one, it should make all the windows look like they did in the old one?

I would just go in and do it manually myself as you suggested, but my knowledge of XML is rather... lacking.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:44 AM   #4
muidem
A Gray Wolf

Alright, I copied the EQUI_Template.xml into my version of the default ui, hoping that it would change the look to that of the custom UI, but alas, all it did was make it revert back to the true default UI.

I started looking around in the default folder and found out that the file im thinking of, the master one which defines how everything should look, is named SIDL.XML (at least for the default) but i couldn't find this file anywhere in the ui.

Closest things i could find were EQLSUI.xml and EQUI.xml, I could be way wrong on that though. Would it be possible to delete one or both of those files, and then bring in the template file and have it work that way? One more thing i have noticed is when i bring in the template file from the custom UI, it does not overwrite anything in the default UI, which tells me that file either doesn't exist, or goes by a different name.

And lastly, where do those .tga files come into play and what file extension is that??