Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 01-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Bareldi
A Gray Wolf

Default Can chat boxes be slimmed down?

I basically use the default UI, with a small viewport and all the rest arranged outside that box. I use many chat boxes (9 at the moment) to separate different kinds of messages.

Each chat box has overhead: a bulky title and a chat input window.

I would prefer to have just one chat input field, and leave the other chat boxes as simple rectangles with no input and no title.

I can get rid of the titles by changing the style of the window. That leaves the boxes sizeable but no way to drag them. I could live with that.

But I have no idea how one might separate the input editing field from the chat window so that we have only one of them. It may not be possible at all, but I don't know anything about this XML stuff and thought I would ask...
Bareldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Here you go ...if you want to find it the original post is by Thoughtlover its his work i just use the file and didnt want to look for the link. just size one window down and click on the always chat here and all the rest the windows will just be squares of whatever size you want can turn scroll off or on, set to whatever channels with what ever filters.operates just like default without all the clutter.

if just running default will need to make a new folder and place this in it...then when in game load ui and name of that folder...if already using a custom ui just place this file in your folder and hit yes if it asks to replace an existing file.

Hal
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_ChatWindow.xml (6.1 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by Halelen : 01-21-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
Bareldi
A Gray Wolf

Well. It sounds as though that is just what I wanted, and I thank you for the reply.

However, I must be even more clueless than I thought, since I cannot get it to do anything, and further I cannot seem to get the search function to find the original posting where perhaps some comments or discussion might have set me straight...

I was already using a tiny UI mod for the player window to add experience percentages. So I do know about putting new files in a separate subdirectory under uifiles. That works fine for my replacement EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml.

I put the new EQUI_ChatWindow.xml in the same place, and reloaded the UI.

Nothing changed. I set the chat window labeled "Main Chat" to "always chat here". I tried closing and re-starting several of the other chat windows. They still look as they always have, with titles and input boxes. I reloaded UI a few times, and then tried camping out and restarting from scratch. Nothing.

I am sure it must be something silly that I am doing wrong, but I cannot see it. Any suggestions?

edit P.S. : I notice you are on Povar. So am I. Hi
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thought the name looked familiar.... try the file now i forgot to change the xml for stand alone...updated link in first post
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Bareldi
A Gray Wolf

Thank you, that worked. Now I wish I had saved a copy of the original so I could see what you changed, but I probably would not understand anyway, so it isn't important. Thanks again.