Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 03-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #16
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I notice a delay of a few seconds when I do /load skin. Labels are displayed immediately after skin is loaded but the buff icons take longer. Perhaps that has to do with it. I cannot diagnose it because I do not experience with buffwindows. However, I did see buffs and labels not matching up in shortduration buff window especially with bardsong displays.
Corean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #17
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Yes, I get that same delay where the backgrounds load several seconds after the spell names. Also when a debuff on you fades, the text for it fades first, and then the background doesn't fade for several seconds afterwards. There's really nothing we can do in our UI's to cause that out-of-sync issue.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #18
Tumnayar-MT
A Ghoul

I wish a dev could comment on this, has anyone tried to PM JChan or SKlug?
Tumnayar-MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:10 AM   #19
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Ikaav's Venom II, detrimental debuff, also has no background or icon to it at all since the same patch. I've confirmed this with many others on the same raid and no one has ever seen it have a background to it. It's just the text, curse counter and timer that shows for it.

Last edited by Mutley : 03-11-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #20
Etoile
A Ghoul

Default This problem just started lasy night for me (3/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutley
Yes, I get that same delay where the backgrounds load several seconds after the spell names. Also when a debuff on you fades, the text for it fades first, and then the background doesn't fade for several seconds afterwards. There's really nothing we can do in our UI's to cause that out-of-sync issue.

I have been reading this thread with interest but was not troubled by the problem. Last night (first time I was playing since the mini-patch on 3/9) I started having the problem. Ironically, EQ had been running slowly in the days prior so during the patch I took the opportunity to clean up my computer (defrag, virus checkers, etc.) EQ is running much faster now and suddenly I have the out of synch buff color/label problem and the wearing off unevenly problem. My UI coding is compliant with the fixes above, so...

I am wondering if it is a timing issue with how fast info is being pushed from Sony's end, or the order in which it loads -- both of these things would be addressed in the patches mentioned above it seems.

Just my 2cp. and waiting for the long term fix.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:10 AM   #21
kudladar
A Ghoul

I am going to agree here, I'm not sure it's a client UI issue. I have tested this on the default UI that SoE has pushed and I had the same issue, especially with the way the buffs from the server were sync'ing with the clientside.

I was fine back in Feb when they made some changes including the way the buffs stacked and faded, etc (after modifications of course)

I am having the same issue as everyone else with this buff window. The XML in mine I'm sure if dirty but it works and has been until the patch in March.

If you also take a look at the timers on the buffs which don't really have ANYTHING, other than to display or not to, they are out of sync also. One second you have 45 seconds remaining on a buff, the next second you're at 49 seconds left. This is especially prevelant in the short buffs.

I will wait from a comment from a Dev, or someone that has alot more knowledge than I with XML and UI's and then go from there.

*EDIT*
I've attached my XML file if anyone cares.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (26.8 KB, 1 views)
kudladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #22
Fenix8452
A Treant

Server: Tunare
Send a message via AIM to Fenix8452

I have been looking for a solution with multiple different spell buff windows, none of them working, not even the default. Starts ok, but as buffs and debuffs go through the night, it becomes screwy, so I suggest its not on our side at all.
Fenix8452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #23
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

At least now we have confirmation that a dev is aware of the issue:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...146819&#2172832

Let's hope it doesn't take months to figure out a fix though. It seems it wouldn't be that difficult if they looked closely at the changes they made on 2/11.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #24
Nildayenya
A Gray Wolf

any updates yet?cant find a workaround which is working.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (34.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml (22.9 KB, 0 views)
Nildayenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #25
Fenix8452
A Treant

Server: Tunare
Send a message via AIM to Fenix8452

I think any update on this would have to come in the form of a patch to the game, since it doesn't not appear to be on the client side at all. Not sure when the next patch is scheduled, but cross your fingers for it.
Fenix8452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #26
Dimencia
Premium Member

having to redo my UI with the additional 5 buff slots and NO space for them lol, stubled across what looks like to be a fix for the out of sync issue, so far there has been 0 out of syncs...

The How:
<Pieces>TileLayoutbox:BW_Buttons</Pieces>
<Pieces>TileLayoutbox:BW_Buttons2</Pieces>

1st one has the BW_Buff99_Button's
2nd one has the BW_Buff99_Label's

By having button layout box first in order all grapix are layed down first with the labels being placed ontop, since the order of the icons are sent at one time and the text another (the out of sync we all know and love) this sidesteps that, so it wont matter WHEN the data gets here, as each layoutbox has to put them in order (as the previous one did)

Now this may break, im still testing it, but we shall see..
Old 06-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #27
Montaigne-FR
A Fire Beetle

Can someone please post the code for the SDBW that has few or zero syncing issues? I'd like to take a look at it and see what's wrong with mine.
Montaigne-FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:10 AM   #28
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

My post above might help you, although be warned that different users have had different success with different combinations:
http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...72&postcount=13

Lately I'm seeing more out-of-sync issues, but I've been having more lag lately, and if my assumptions are correct in that lag does effect how the info is sent, thereby getting it out of sync more, that would explain it.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #29
SmileyFAAce_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutley
My post above might help you, although be warned that different users have had different success with different combinations:
http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...72&postcount=13

Lately I'm seeing more out-of-sync issues, but I've been having more lag lately, and if my assumptions are correct in that lag does effect how the info is sent, thereby getting it out of sync more, that would explain it.

Same here on the abnormal lag.. and out of sync.. Lastnight, a buff lable was displaying in the wrong buff icon.

SmileyFAAce_