Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Stice
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Remove Templates.xml ???

I was messing around with my UI and removed my Animations file by adding the [TextureInfo item] and [Ui2DAnimation item] straight to my player window. was very happy about that, then moved on to my Templates file, i only have one custom drawtemplate but I use it on most of my windows. so I thought I could just add the info for [WindowDrawTemplate item] to all my files, that didn't work. but by mistake I forgot to remove it from my first window mod(AAWindow), also forgot to change the [DrawTemplate] for them all too. Then loaded the UI again, well was surprised to see the custom titlebar was there.. because I was having a very forgetful day and also forgot to replace the Templates.xml. I did see it didn't change the cascading windows IE EQMain sub-windows and CastSpell sub-windows. I just changed the window_pieces graphics for them to look how I wanted to and now I seem to have a working UI with a custom [DrawTemplate] without the Templates.xml.
My Question is has anyone ever done this or can anyone foresee a problem with this? I really want to get away from using the Templates.xml.

Thanks,

Last edited by Stice : 06-23-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Stice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

In my opinion, this is the best way to do it.

firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Stice
A Snow Griffin

So just having it in one file in my UI will work without problems? I assume it just reads the first file and fills that for the rest on my WDT_Simple DrawTemplate I made.
Also this would be nice for stand alone files for sharing too If I just added the custom window_pieces?

Thank you for the reply.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #4
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

Yep.

I put all my custom templates in the chat window. I figure it's the least likely to be stripped out by someone who wants a different buff/group/pet/spellbook window. Secondly, it has the least amount of code itself. there's only three parts to it.
firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
Stice
A Snow Griffin

awesome, thanks.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by firescue17
Yep.

I put all my custom templates in the chat window. I figure it's the least likely to be stripped out by someone who wants a different buff/group/pet/spellbook window. Secondly, it has the least amount of code itself. there's only three parts to it.

That is a really good idea.
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

The only flaw I see with this is if someone changes out a specific component of your UI that just happens to have the template in it. Some possible solutions for you...

1) Duplicate the templates in each window as you did before but name them differently. PlayerCustomTemplate, GroupCustomTemplate, etc. It duplicates code but would make each component independant of the other.

2) Create a custom EQUI.xml file, that includes default version, and then add a custom Template file with a unique name. By include, I mean the include command.

<Include>../default/EQUI.xml</Include>

"Ah, but you HAVE heard of me."
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote