Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 12-27-2002, 03:39 AM   #1
DiedraXev
A Gray Wolf

Default Super compact spell book: Update 1/12/03 2nd book

1) Book is now: 188 by 425
2) Added spell names (white text, easy to change)
3) Icons are 20 by 20 now (were 40/40)
4) Removed Title, Minimize, and Close buttons

Comments/ideas/anything more then welcome, want to make it good for people before released.

If anyone would like I could branch the project into two, one with names and one without? Let me know ^_^.

Edit: Fixed many irratateing/ugly bits of text placement since origonal 1/02/03 update.

Edit: see down below for a second, more compact book.
Attached Files
File Type: zip compactspellbook.zip (2.1 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by DiedraXev : 01-12-2003 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-27-2002, 03:56 AM   #2
DiedraXev
A Gray Wolf

Screen Shot of updated book 1/02/03.

Wizard spells, T.King icons, new text placement.

taken in 1280 by 1024 resolution
Attached Images
File Type: jpg csb.jpg (28.2 KB, 348 views)

Last edited by DiedraXev : 01-02-2003 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 12:40 PM   #3
Kevdawg
A Snow Cougar

nice i'll use this in my 640x380 res UI on my slow pc hehe
Old 12-31-2002, 12:15 AM   #4
DiedraXev
A Gray Wolf

well, i'm seein people are lookin at it, but not sayin much. Anyone have a suggestion/thought/request about it?

I've given thought to taking off the lable, close, and minimize buttons (making it even smaller) and thought about seeing if I could use small spell icons in the book (as some buffs windows use small graphics rather then the large ones) though I'm not sure how to do that (new to moding).

Anyway, feedback more then welcome... is why i posted it here rather then just released .
Old 12-31-2002, 01:14 PM   #5
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

Maybe they just don't know what to say - like me I have had the same problem with mods I make - very - very few responses. I like your spell book and I would use it on my laptop.

I just haven't quite decided if I can live without the titles. For those that have alot of spells that have the same icon (ports for instance) this could get confusing. Could you superimpose the title over the top of the icon? Not sure if it would show up that well but it is just a thought. And it might not work at all if you use the smaller buff icons.

Keep up the good ideas.

Kuv
Old 01-02-2003, 05:53 AM   #6
Amost
A Ghoul

Server: Saryrn

I'm just going off my opinions here..

myself no wouldn't use it, but have a respect for it and can see that many other people might like it.

1) You don't need title , minimize, X out options at the top.
2) Names of some sort are basicly a must for practicle use.
3) spell gems half size would be livable and dramticly decrease size.

how about a spell book that is similar to a traking window. Bare with me this is a off the top of my head idea. but a list of spell names with no icons and a scroll bar, be able to sort them alphabeticly.. or even by level if possible or skill used.. I think that would make the smallest spellbook possible.. myself i like the large fancy spellbooks as being a cleric this is one of the coolest things i get to look at since most the other time i'm starting at the walls..
Old 01-02-2003, 08:09 AM   #7
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Have to agree. Until Sony decides to allow a spell gem for each individual spell, names are by far the most important. Take a look at the WarCraft Icon thread for a ton of pics of spellbooks with 4-8 icons all being the same....can't imagine right-clicking each of them just to try to remember which is which.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:20 PM   #8
DiedraXev
A Gray Wolf

Updated it (wanted post here as referance for myself what suggestions I have already taken into account).

The track window and sorting sounds neat but I don't think I can do it... I changed to a verticle listing however, changing the linked files now.

Diedra
Old 01-10-2003, 07:36 PM   #9
bburk
A Fire Beetle

Default layout of mini book

I love the idea, but I am used to changing spells fast on the fly without hardly looking. I know exactly what pages I have things on and the single column would mess me up. Might you make a version that would be 4 columns more like a normal book, just without the dead space?
Old 01-12-2003, 03:27 AM   #10
DiedraXev
A Gray Wolf

Default New tiny book, no spell names

new 100 by 128 book, screenie taken in 1280x1024 with the top of cast bar and mouse to show size, I think it has been taken to just about as small as a spell book can be. 20x20 pix spell gems, buttons, mem/scribe bars in between buttons and gems, no title, etc. Could remove buttons if you are a fan of "/book #" and esc key to get out of book, would cut it to about 100x108ish.

Diedra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg book2.jpg (9.5 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by DiedraXev : 01-12-2003 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:39 PM   #11
DiedraXev
A Gray Wolf

maybe i'm just a noob, but i haven't figuered out how to post multiple files on one message... so here's the zip for the above pictured.

Diedra
Attached Files
File Type: zip booknolable.zip (1.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-13-2003, 01:48 PM   #12
bburk
A Fire Beetle

Default book idea

Here's a cut together pic of the kind of book I am wanting. No borders, no close button (I use "esc") no page turn buttons (I use arrow keys or /book #). Mem & scribe bars just appear & dissapear on the bottom as needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg compact book idea.jpg (20.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 01-13-2003, 04:06 PM   #13
issey
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: fv, stormhammer

I've downloaded it and going to go in game soon and try it. I'm constantly surfing, grabbing a mod and trying it out in my mix and match ui - thanks for pointing out that I should leave comments, sigh. My bad.
Will try to make it back to say how it worked for me.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:17 AM   #14
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

I really like the 100 by 128 book, although I really think the spell names are important.

I have a few more ideas for you. My spellbook (Minispe.zip in the uploads) uses both these ideas.

First, you still have the red/blue border showing on both the top and left sides of each icon. You really only need it on one side, if you want to save more space.

Second, you can fit the page numbers and the page-turn buttons in the same space if you make the buttons transparent.