Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
majandra
A Hill Giant

Server: Xegony
Default Changing clickable slots

I am using the Vert UI, and would like to change which items are clickable through the hotbuttons window. Can anyone direct me on how to start doing that?
I am new to UI editing, but would like to learn, and I figure that's as good a place as any to start playing around- I just don't know how to start.
majandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Open the EQUI_HotbuttonWnd.xml file and search for newslot. Each slot has a background and an eq type that matches the slot you want to yous. Look in the EQUI_Inventory.xml file for the type of slot you want to use and change the 2 corresponding elements listed above.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
majandra
A Hill Giant

thank you
Old 03-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
majandra
A Hill Giant

I must be doing something wrong. When I changed a slot, the UI wouldn't load, and would divert back to the previous one I had loaded.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
Savok
On tour since '99

Ok this is the code in my Vert UI:

Code:
<InvSlot item="HBInvSlotA"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlotA</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> − <Size> <CX>34</CX> <CY>34</CY> </Size> <Background>A_InvPrimary</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 13</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlotB"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlotB</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_InvSecondary</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 14</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlotC"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlotC</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_InvRange</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 11</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlotD"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlotD</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_InvAmmo</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 22</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot1"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot1</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> − <Size> <CX>34</CX> <CY>34</CY> </Size> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 23</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot2"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot2</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 24</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot3"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot3</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 25</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot4"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot4</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 26</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot5"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot5</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 27</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot6"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot6</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 28</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot7"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot7</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 29</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot8"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot8</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 30</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot9"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot9</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 31</EQType> </InvSlot> − <InvSlot item="HBInvSlot10"> <ScreenID>HBInvSlot10</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background> <EQType>inventory/Equip 32</EQType> </InvSlot>

The code may look different to yours due to the fact that I use tilelayout boxes for my inventory slots.

The part highlighted in blue is the background picture of the slot, the red is the slot type. So EQ type inventory/Equip 13 is your primary, and would use the A_InvPrimary background.

All of the backgrounds and their corresponding EQ Types are listed in the EQUI_Inventory xml file.
Savok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #6
majandra
A Hill Giant

Ok I see what I was doing wrong. The ui itself seems to have it wrong, so I will do it with the code you have listed rather than just the number that mine shows.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Savok
On tour since '99

This is only part of the code, you need to look at the whole file.
Savok is offline   Reply With Quote