Old 08-18-2002, 09:40 PM   #1
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya
Red face skin/mod ratings

/rant on

as an artist had everything said about my work from "excellent!" to "I wouldnt let my dog **** on it" and worse... so I am not afraid of people telling me what they think about my stuff

but...

if you are gonna tell my my stuff is crap at least please tell me why so I can make it better. ie. Leave comments! After a couple of basement ratings on my skins I am struggling to figure out if something needs work or someone just wasnt fond of the color green

/rant off

tankee berry much
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 10:04 PM   #2
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

Hi tadashya I looked at some of your skins I personally think the Skins you have provided are very cool looking especially the Wizard one with the Dragons in the spell book. My guess for the low rating is that they are doing that rating on the assumption is where is the windows xml. They probaly dont realize when you say skin their is no xml files included. The screen shot you are using for the most part looks like the default UI with the inventory and such.

I am not sure if you want to list these Skins in a the Miscelaneous category. Or, maybe the website owner can make a catigory specially marked skins with no XML files included. That way people could look at the diffrent artwork that you have worked so hard on may be better appreciated. I appreciate the artists like you and T. King (I believe is the name of the artist that is doing all the spell books) work you been doing on the skins. I for one am not a artist at all. I can't even draw a good stick figure person, But I can stay in the lines when coloring.

Please continue the good work and dont let the people that may not understand that your work is a skin only get you down.

my 2cp worth

Thanks
Curumtiny Call me Yoda

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Curumtiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 01:28 AM   #3
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

I'm such a Nazi, but Curumtiny could you please shrink that pict down a bit.

Sig rules stated no longer than 450pxls. It really messes up the forums, if you don't have the image cached.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote