Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2003, 08:33 PM   #1
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default EQ PDA Plus

Many many new revisions. Try it again for the first time!

EQ PDA screenshot
Dreamlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 10:34 PM   #2
catmatik
A Gray Wolf

I have tried everything (that i can think of..it isnt that much.) to make this ui work, but it keeps loading default. Even then it does not load default correctly. I am not sure where to find my error messages or how to post a screenie though

[ So if you know of any bugs could ya tell me how to fix em?

Burmaben Bloodysword (yoda 2.0)
62nd gnome warlord
Erollisi Marr
<Divine Synergy>
catmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:27 AM   #3
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Post your UIerrors.txt file. Its in your EQ directory and as far as I know there have been no reported crash bugs or any bugs for that matter.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:53 AM   #4
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Edit: Outdated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg petinfo.jpg (30.9 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by Dreamlife : 12-23-2003 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:42 AM   #5
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Come to think of it. if you missed the part of the read me I'm bolding the UI will crash as well. Do this step or do it again if you're not sure if you did it or not.

EQ PDA Version 3.5 plus Dreamlife's Complete UI Version 3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to thank the following people for thier great work in either having a great mod for me to include, mod, or inspire me to create something new.

Kudane
Sokol
Drakah
T. King
Calael
Keilha Sharpleaf
Tephrox
Aya Nanase
Grottel
Calluna
Lunakin
Heals

Forgive me if your name is not here and should be. You are appreciated!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy all of the enclosed files into the ../everquest/uifiles/EQPDA directory
Rename your UI_(yourcharname)_(yourservername).ini file for a backup in case you wish to revert to your old UI.
Copy UI_Dreamlife_Xegony.ini to the ../everquest directory and rename it to UI_(yourcharname)_(yourservername).ini.

This UI contains 2 custom folders for your own customization options.

../EQPDA/Pure Mele
../EQPDA/Caster Hybrid

First choose pure Mele or Caster versions. Copy the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml and EQUI_GroupWindow.xml files from the ../EQPDA/pure mele OR ../EQPDA/caster hybrid folder into the ../EQPDA folder.

UI_Playername_Servernumber.ini, Must be included for placement of windows. If you do not use this file the UI will function but will look like a puzzle waiting for help. All the windows are locked in place by the ini included with this UI. If you choose not to use the included ini or want to move the PDA from its location you will need to unlock and move each window individually. You WILL notice if they are not lined up perfectly.

AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF THE PREVIOUS STEPS.....AFTER... Log into EQ. If you used my INI you're done. If you did not use my INI, at the chat prompt type /loadskin, select EQPDA and have fun moving windows!

The following windows are included for the sole reason that they have been intergrated into the EQUI_HotButtonWindow.xml window and are no longer required to be visable.

EQUI_BreathWindow.xml (zerod window)
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml (zerod window)
EQUI_CastingWindow.xml (zerod window)

The following windows have been modified to work together and must ALL be used for the UI to look correct.

EQUI_CompassWnd.xml
EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml
EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml
EQUI_TargetWindow.xml

The following windows have been modified to fit with or look like the EQ PDA UI. You can choose to not use these windows if you do not like the way they look. Simply delete them from your custom UI folder if you do not want them.

EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml
EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml
EQUI_ChatWindow.xml
EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml

The following windows are just great mods I am including just because they rock. Most have been modded by me before release but are not my original code. (is anything in the EQ UI really?)

EQUI_AAWindow.xml
EQUI_BazaarSearchWnd.xml
EQUI_Container.xml
EQUI_LootWnd.xml
EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml
EQUI_StoryWnd.xml
EQUI_BuffWindow.xml
EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml
EQUI_Inventory.xml
EQUI_BuffWindow.xml
EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml
TargetIndicator.ini

The Vert mod requires the following file to function. All my non visible windows are vert or some modification of Vert. So don't delete it and I will be patching it as needed!

EQUI_Animations.xml

The following art is a combination of things I have taken from Kudane/Sokol Enok, Drakah, T King and my own work.

window_pieces01.tga
window_pieces02.tga
window_pieces03.tga
window_pieces04.tga
window_pieces06.tga
window_pieces07.tga
window_pieces08.tga
inv_portrait.tga
buffbackground.tga
wnd_bg_light_rock.tga
wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga
cart01.tga
cart02.tga
cart03.tga
cart04.tga
EQ_PDA.tga
PDA_DARK_BG.tga
PDA_SCROLL_GUTTER.tga
spellbook01.tga
spellbook02.tga
spellbook03.tga
TargetBox.tga
TargetIndicator.tga
Old 12-06-2003, 01:17 PM   #6
catmatik
A Gray Wolf

Do I need servernumber or name, those always confuse me. As for the log, ILL try to get it

Burm
Old 12-06-2003, 04:31 PM   #7
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

I'm getting a lot of emails about crashes when installing my UI.

To be sure I am not sending out a bad product I downloaded the same Zip thats in the downloads section and installed it 2 ways.
The first following the directions in the readme the second just unziping the files into a folder.

The second caused a crash. Please follow the readme to the letter and the UI will work perfectly without fail.

I have been able to make it crash on install but ONLY by not following the directions.

There are 2 files that are different for classes without mana or spells. They are kept in folders called /pure mele or /caster hybrid. You MUST choose what is appropriate for your class and copy the TWO files contained within either of these folders to your .../EQPDA folder or the UI will crash. It wont work no matter what else you do.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:32 PM   #8
catmatik
A Gray Wolf

well according to the log, there is nothing wrong. I think it has something to do with the other UI's I have. I did everything right too. But I tried loading a different skin, to find half of a completely seperate skin in front of me. Not to mention I logged in with my chat windows mixed up. So maybe if I delete all the folders except default it will work. As for the log...It is displaying errors for 1 UI that loaded the right way, but not your UI. Time to fool around I guess, unless these are then 1 window pieces error made my log say about 50,000...

Burm
Old 12-23-2003, 05:52 PM   #9
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Version 3.6 now available.

Many revisions.

Mele combat abilities.

Con indicator.

Pet buffs in pet info window.

Art changes.