Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 08-02-2002, 04:22 AM   #1
Truyth
A Bat

Default Adding to skins?

Hey all quick question.

I downloaded a skin that I had been using, but I want to add the "Larger Hotbuttons" mod to that. I tried to do this, but the larger hotbuttons would not take. I downloaded the mod to my skins folder, but just would not work..any tips?

Thank you for all the help
Truyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:44 AM   #2
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

I don't know the particular mods you are working with, but right now when people distribute "mods" a lot of the time they package up the whole skin directory. So if you unpack the skin directory into uifiles it will go into a new skin and you'd have to choose between the two.

Integrating the two skins is a simple process unless one or both have changed some of the shared files. In this case, you need to hand-weave the two together. If this is XML, that's not hard. If this is a tga file, it's a bit harder *grin*

I think once mod writers realize they don't have to include files that they didn't change because EQ falls back on the defaults in that case that we'll see mods that you can just drop on top of each other. But there's still the issue of the shared files like EQUI_Templates and EQUI_Animations that would need to be hand merged unless someone writes a mod installer that can read two XMLs and merge them.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote