Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Pre-Beta
User Name
Password

Old 10-03-2004, 09:08 PM   #1
DOACleric
A Treant

Default Classic EQ/Velious UI in the works

As nice as many of these new interfaces are, I find that they are a bit intrusive and too "busy" for my tastes. I've always prefered the clean UI that shipped with Classic EQ, the one that appeared when you hit F10, also known as the fullscreen UI. It was simple, yet functional. So i've begun work on recreating that old UI that many players grew up with.

I'd say i'm about halfway done. The only major window left to do is the inventory, and then a few minor ones. Let me know what you think so far.
Any feedback is of course appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (301.2 KB, 2151 views)
DOACleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
thatdude222
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOACleric
As nice as many of these new interfaces are, I find that they are a bit intrusive and too "busy" for my tastes. I've always prefered the clean UI that shipped with Classic EQ, the one that appeared when you hit F10, also known as the fullscreen UI. It was simple, yet functional. So i've begun work on recreating that old UI that many players grew up with.

I'd say i'm about halfway done. The only major window left to do is the inventory, and then a few minor ones. Let me know what you think so far.
Any feedback is of course appreciated.
gimme gimme gimme hury up and finsih
thatdude222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:33 AM   #3
Oldschool101
A Snow Griffin

PLZ! I love YOU! haha.. this is what i have been looking for sooooo long!! I am all about the Old School!!

*hug*
Old 10-22-2004, 01:33 AM   #4
Oldschool101
A Snow Griffin

Do you have a time this might come out? haha.. Sorry for the post above.. But i love old eq more then the new eq... But i am waitin for this one to come out..
Oldschool101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:29 AM   #5
DOACleric
A Treant

The UI is basically done, and has been for a few weeks. No one really seemed interested so I didn't bother releasing it. Also, the UI has been specially remade for the EQClassic project that I am working on, so i removed a lot of functionality that would no longer be needed for a classic enviornment - shared bank slots, 9th spell gem, many toolbars, and many "advancements" that players might have come to get used to, such as exact mana numbers.

On the bright side, I also took the time to remake the login interface, so that part also looks similar to the EQ of 1999. Because of that, this UI needs to OVERWRITE the default UI - that is the only way that i'm aware of to change the login part of the UI.

Sony recently made some changes to that with the release of OOW, and I occasionally get a black screen upon logging in, so i'm going to have to double check to see whats going on before I release this. Once its complete, I will be releasing it on my website. I'll post more details later. I might also decide to go back and redo the character creation part of the UI, but i'm very pressed for time
Old 10-22-2004, 01:01 PM   #6
Oldschool101
A Snow Griffin

Ahhh.. I see cool.. I have gotin use to see how much mana i have bt that is ok .. Put it out when it is done!
Old 10-22-2004, 01:23 PM   #7
Oldschool101
A Snow Griffin

Oo.. One thing.. I hate how the new spells look.. To flashy.. and dumb looking.. Is there some way to put them back to the way they were?
Old 10-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #8
Oldschool101
A Snow Griffin

Will it have like the LDON window? Or is it just old school? Like it was? Could you say what windows it will not have?

*bow*
Old 10-22-2004, 01:38 PM   #9
DOACleric
A Treant

All windows should work. However, I did not bother remaking any of the windows that were not available in classic. This means that things like AA windows, guild windows, friends windows, raid windows, etc , will look like the default UI. I only bothered to remake things found in ClassicEQ, since I could see how those looked and easily remake them. So yes, the LDON window will work - but it'll look like the default UI.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #10
thatdude222
A Gray Wolf

ur a gawd. post this as soon as its done
thatdude222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:25 PM   #11
lee5i3
A Fire Beetle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Wow, quite impressive.. I've seen so many old school UIs but none actually comes close to this, looks like many of my early beta screenshots lol

can't wait to see this in game
lee5i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:45 PM   #12
Oldschool101
A Snow Griffin

Ahh, Ok Cool.. I cant wait for it to come out!!!!

*bow*
Old 10-27-2004, 11:17 PM   #13
Oldschool101
A Snow Griffin

So.. This ui have a time when it will be out for peopel to use?
Old 10-28-2004, 12:35 AM   #14
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Man, talk about having a flashback...

Now all we need is a UI that looks like this...

Now there is an old school UI for ya! *chuckle*

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:58 AM   #15
dartcron
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to dartcron

I would like to see this made with a old skool feel but i also like to see all the new windows with the same old skool feel tell us when it is up
dartcron is offline   Reply With Quote