Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Pre-Beta
User Name
Password

Old 06-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
Aridale Belmont
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Exclamation Vanguard UI Preview

The last few days Ive been workin on a ui based on Vanguard. Here is a preview shot of it. What do you guys think? (See attachment)

It may be a bit blurry as I had to resize it so it could be uploaded.

Heres a break down:
- Player Window: Hp Sp Mp in that order. Mana is the bottom blue bar. Lvl under the custom icon. The icon is called ANB_PlayerIcon.tga and can be anything you want as long as its 64x64 with an alpha channel.

- Pet Window: No buttons. Have to hotkey em before loading the ui or make custom macros. Buffs appear right under the pets hp bar in a transparent window. Theyre small 5 can fit across the bottom of the bar in 1 line.

- Target Window: Built in Target of Target. Top name and bar are Current Target. Target of Target is reversed its Hp bar is above its name. Target of Target name is in the box with the crosshair. Con color is shown in the orb at the right. (thinkin about puttin target of target hp % in the oval under the con orb.

- Compass: No real changes. But has other directions like SW SE NW NE.

- Target Ring: High visibility and rotates. 4 frames of animation.

- Spell Gems: As you can see all the spell gems have been completely redone. The small gems have been replaced in the EQUI_Animations file and now use the large buff icons. Empty spell gems have a lightning bolt icon that goes well with the hotkey blue background.

- Hot Button Window: Hot Button Window 1 is the normal bar. Its got a transparent blue background and full size spell icons. Empty gems are small lightning bolt icon and inventory spaces are a matching bag icon. The 4 seperate buttons is a remade Hot Button Window 4. The shield icons appear over whatever is in the button. Same as all hotkeys anything can go there but its geared more toward specific use stuff like pet commands.

- Xp Bar: This is the friends window remade into the xp bar. Its full stretchable length wise so it can be positioned under the bars. I changed its hotkey to 'P' since it wont stay open on zoning and pressing esc etc.

- EQ Button: Changed to the start button from Vanguard. Nothin else changed.

- Casting Window: (Not pictured [I forgot]) long fancy bar with spell name big and readable across the bar fill area. Bar recolored.

Thats all the changes Ive got finished so far. The old Selector Window is gonna be used for the vanguard bar with the icons like inventory map and options etc seen in newer screenshots. Itll go above the xp bar even with the hotkeys window and the xp bar stretched to fit under them both evenly.

The spell gems window will probably be limited to just the book since its probably better to always hotkey all your gems anyway. (Do ppl click cast anymore?)

Ive got to make the group window. Itll look like the player window but a bit smaller and less bars. One for each player.

I have no idea how Im gonna edit the inventory. SidlWidl doesnt like the new default inventory with the tabs so I cant even open it =/

The chat windows I dont think I can do much with since almost all of it cant be altered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VanguardUIPreview.jpg (203.4 KB, 663 views)
Old 06-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Looks great Glad to see the idea using the player window and target window in that way. Looking forward to testing it out!

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:25 PM   #3
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridale Belmont
I have no idea how Im gonna edit the inventory. SidlWidl doesnt like the new default inventory with the tabs so I cant even open it

there is a work around posted here from Drakah a while back about sidlwidl and the inventory, and has worked for me in the past.

The UI looks very nice, would very much like to try it out.
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
Aridale Belmont
A Ghoul

Ty guys. Big thanks for the inventory tip. Cant do much right now of course cause the servers are all down but atleast now I know how to do it =)
Aridale Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #5
yonkec
A Bat

Awesome work, can't wait to see more!
yonkec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #6
zensaber
A Gray Wolf

looks alot like the wow interface
zensaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't think it ok to release a UI mod for any game with graphics straight out of an unreleased game. I mean, I've seen it myself, if you know what I mean, and except for the spell bar and missing bag/options strip, that IS the VG UI. Props for that I guess, but it seems kinda sketchy.
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
guzel
A Gray Wolf

Server: The 7th Hammer

you still working on it?
guzel is offline   Reply With Quote