Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Maktub
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default [EQMac] TabBox not using parent Fade opacity

I am working on converting SARS4 (EQPC) to work on the EQMac server Al'Kabor and I have encountered another odd behaviour which I cannot explain and I hope you can shed some light on it...

SARS4 uses the right-hand side of the EQUI_HotButtonWnd screen to hold two tabs for quick access to inventory items such as bags and clicky items. I can get the inventory items to display correctly and the tabs to work properly but despite setting the parent window Fade Opacity to 100, I can see that the quick access tabs are still fading when idle.

It works like this...

Code:
<Screen item = "HotButtonWnd"> <ScreenID/> <Font>2</Font> <RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>100</X> <Y>100</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>237</CX> <CY>350</CY> </Size> <DrawTemplate>WDT_RoundedNoTitle</DrawTemplate> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar> <Style_Closebox>false</Style_Closebox> <Style_Minimizebox>false</Style_Minimizebox> <Style_Border>false</Style_Border> <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> ... snip out all the other <Pieces> for clarity of reading... <Pieces>Inv_Subwindows</Pieces> </Screen>

The sub windows are defined as follows...

Code:
<!-- TabBox Brings all Tab Pages Together --> <TabBox item="Inv_Subwindows"> <ScreenID>Inv_Subwindows</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Border>false</Style_Border> <AutoStretch>false</AutoStretch> <Location> <X>150</X> <Y>68</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>90</CX> <CY>250</CY> </Size> <TabBorderTemplate>FT_BlankTabBorder</TabBorderTemplate> <PageBorderTemplate>FT_BlankPageBorder</PageBorderTemplate> <Pages>Tab_1_Page</Pages> <Pages>Tab_2_Page</Pages> </TabBox> <!-- Tab Page 1 --> <Page item="Tab_1_Page"> <ScreenID>Tab_1_Page</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Style_Border>false</Style_Border> <DrawTemplate>WDT_RoundedNoTitle</DrawTemplate> <TabIcon>A_Inv1TabIcon</TabIcon> <TabIconActive>A_Inv1TabActiveIcon</TabIconActive> <Pieces>Quick1</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick2</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick3</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick4</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick5</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick6</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick7</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick8</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick9</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick10</Pieces> </Page> <!-- Tab Page 2 --> <Page item="Tab_2_Page"> <ScreenID>Tab_2_Page</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Style_Border>false</Style_Border> <DrawTemplate>WDT_RoundedNoTitle</DrawTemplate> <TabIcon>A_Inv2TabIcon</TabIcon> <TabIconActive>A_Inv2TabActiveIcon</TabIconActive> <Pieces>Quick11</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick12</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick13</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick14</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick15</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick16</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick17</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick18</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick19</Pieces> <Pieces>Quick20</Pieces> </Page>

The QuickXX pieces are defined like this...

Code:
<InvSlot item = "Quick1"> <ScreenID>InvSlot19</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </Size> <Background>A_InvPrimary</Background> <EQType>13</EQType> </InvSlot>

The expected behaviour would be for that right-hand window to inherit and use the parent's Fade opacity just like the left-hand block of hot buttons (which works perfectly), but in fact it appears to be ignoring the parent Fade Opacity completely and still fading to 50%.

Interestingly it is just the icons and boxes that fade - the tab buttons are always at 100% all the time.

Any clues? A better way to handle this?
Maktub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Maktub
A Ghoul

This is becoming urgent now as it is holding up my release of sars4mac. Any ideas please?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I have compared your code to another UI that does something similar to what you do, and all of the properties are identical (other than some name changes). I don't see anything that would cause this behavior.

The only thing that is different is that you are coding for a Mac. My initial feeling is that this issue is related to EQ's Mac implementation.. ie, not something you can fix.

I am sorry I am not much help other than to say that what you have looks correct to me, and looks exactly how I would do it.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
Maktub
A Ghoul

I thought as much. There are a few issues with the EQMac UI code that just plain don't work... or work incorrectly (need I say BlueIconBackground?).

In the end, I have decided to go back to the single bank of 10 custom hotkeys of SARS3 rather than two tabbed banks of 10 from SARS4. At least it works and I have discovered it before handing it out to the EQMac community.

Thanks for looking
Old 03-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I just stumbled onto a post made by Sylphan that mentioned your problem almost exactly. He said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphan
BTW: If you use a "Screen item" as your container, it will not fade with the rest of the window when the user right clicks on the window and chooses Alpha. But if you use a "LayoutBox item" as your container, it will.

Could this be related to your issue? I don't have enough brainpower left after this work day to wrap my brain around exactly what he was referring to. But I thought maybe you would want to head down that road.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
Maktub
A Ghoul

Where was the original post this came from please?

EDIT - I have found the original, thanks - it looks like it may solve my "stray 0 when group members leave" problem too. I too will read it with a fresh head in the morning.

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
Maktub
A Ghoul

I have looked into this. Sadly the EQMac Schema does not include the LayoutBox object so I cannot use it.

As we now know, nested Screen items cannot see the parent opacity so use the default, whereas nested LayoutBox items can see it which is why they are used. As a result, I cannot use Screen items to help organise my windows because they then start ignoring the fade opacity. I will just have to be meticulous with my x,y coordinates when moving blocks of objects round a screen and will have to avoid nested containers in cases like the above tabbed windows.

Ah well...