Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 05-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Kelveeno
A Gray Wolf

Default Getting my feet wet

Hey all,

Today I started taking my first concrete steps into UI modding after putting it off for years. I'd like to apply a few tweaks to the player window. I created a custom UI folder and copied the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml file into it from the default folder without any changes. At this point i tried the loadskin command and it looks like it executed successfully. Since I haven't changed anything, I expected nothing to happen. Instead, everything looks normal, except the default in-game mouse pointer has been replaced with the default windows mouse pointer. If I reload the default skin, the in-game mouse pointer is restored.

So before I change anything, how can I load a custom skin and keep the default in-game mouse pointer ?
Kelveeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Smile Cursors

Try copying these files from the default folder to your custom:

Not sure if that will do it, but it's worth a shot.
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Kelveeno
A Gray Wolf

It worked ! thank you very much. I thought EQ would pull the files from the default folder if they weren't in my custom folder.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelveeno
It worked ! thank you very much. I thought EQ would pull the files from the default folder if they weren't in my custom folder.

I would have thought so too, but apparently there is an exception for the cursors.

/shrug.

Glad that worked out for ya.
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Kelveeno
A Gray Wolf

So far I've made a few tweaks and everything is looking good for the most part.
I have been editing individual xml files and saving them in my custom folder. If SOE patches any of the files that my custom files are based on, do I have to repeat my work and manually apply my changes to the new files again ? If so, is there a smarter way to make changes ?

Currently I'm working on the target window and imported the HoTT gauge into it. I've added the usual labels and everything works except that when i clear my target, everything goes away like it should except for the TargetofTarget percent label (%), it persists when no target is selected. Strange.

Is there a way to make target buff window scrollable, similar to how the aura window and chat windows can scroll vertically ? I notice it's a TileLayOutBox instead of a STMLbox or ListBox. I can add a scroll bar, but it's nonfunctional.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
warriorofmight
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
So far I've made a few tweaks and everything is looking good for the most part.
I have been editing individual xml files and saving them in my custom folder. If SOE patches any of the files that my custom files are based on, do I have to repeat my work and manually apply my changes to the new files again ? If so, is there a smarter way to make changes ?

Either that or you'll have to incorporate their changes into your own custom file, which is easier. It is very rare that they make changes to the extent where you basically just have to start over, usually it's just a few lines of code.

Currently I'm working on the target window and imported the HoTT gauge into it. I've added the usual labels and everything works except that when i clear my target, everything goes away like it should except for the TargetofTarget percent label (%), it persists when no target is selected. Strange.

Paste your bit of code for the targetoftarget HPPerc Label ... I looked at mine and I may know the answer, though I'm not 100%.

Is there a way to make target buff window scrollable, similar to how the aura window and chat windows can scroll vertically ? I notice it's a TileLayOutBox instead of a STMLbox or ListBox. I can add a scroll bar, but it's nonfunctional.

I managed it, but it's kind of a convoluted way of going about it ... not sure if there's an easier/better way, though I would certainly hope so. I added the buffs to a tilelayout, then placed that in a screen, then placed that screen within another screen and messed with the offsets. Basically, you're not scrolling the buffs, you're scrolling the window of buffs.

Oink! Reborn
warriorofmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

Quote:
. . . when i clear my target, everything goes away like it should except for the TargetofTarget percent label (%), it persists when no target is selected.

This behavior is "correct" for the HoTT percent label. It shouldn't do that, but it does. It's a bug / limitation with that particular EQType. My target window is completely transparent. I omit the percent number from my HoTT gauge to avoid this random 0 floating around on my sceen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorofmight
[B]Basically, you're not scrolling the buffs, you're scrolling the window of buffs.

Confirming this is how I do it as well, and the only way I've seen it done by anyone else.

firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
Kelveeno
A Gray Wolf

Yes, I was going to remove the % label too, I don't need it. Here is the code I have for it:

<Label item="TargetOfTarget_HPPercLabel">
<ScreenID>TargetOfTarget_HPPercLabel</ScreenID>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>221</X>
<Y>16</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>16</CX>
<CY>12</CY>
</Size>
<Font>1</Font>
<Text>%</Text>
<TextColor>
<R>255</R>
<G>255</G>
<B>255</B>
</TextColor>
<NoWrap>true</NoWrap>
<AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
<AlignRight>false</AlignRight>
<Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip>
</Label>

Scrolling a window within a window...I get it. thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!

The HoTT % bug has been on my wish fix list for years.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #10
warriorofmight
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Nevermind.

Last edited by warriorofmight : 06-01-2013 at 12:56 PM.
warriorofmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
Kelveeno
A Gray Wolf

Is there a way to anchor an element (like a gauge or a label) to the right, so that when i stretch a window, the element shifts accordingly ? I have specified a gauge XY locations from top left with autostretch turned off, but if i stretch the window to the right, the gauge doesn't move. If autostretch is on, the gauge just gets wider. If autostretch is turned on, is there a way to specify the left offset to be measured from the right side ? For this layout it would make more sense if the gauge was anchored to the right side. I'd like to have the gauge shift right if the window is stretched to the right.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

Change the following properties to false:

<LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft>

<RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft>
firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:21 AM   #13
Kelveeno
A Gray Wolf

that did the trick, thanks a lot
Old 06-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #14
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:

I have my target window with HoTT, Pet's target, Extended targets and targets buffs. The Ext Targets and Buffs both scroll.

Feel free to take a look here (Warning, it's not pretty, but it does the job.)

As for keeping up with patches, I find winmerge an amazingly useful program (and it's free). Basically, whenever SOE patch, I compare the default folder against my custom folder and see what I need to change.

(If I were more organised I'd take a copy of the default folder before running the patcher and compare the before and after folders to see exactly what had changed.)
Old 06-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #15
Kelveeno
A Gray Wolf

Great idea, I backed up the default folder in case they patch and also for protection against myself in case I screw up.