Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 01-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #166
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

I don't intend to insult you, Tumdayil, but are you a bit simple or something?

Egras puts a TON of time into this UI. he does it for NOTHING. the VAST majority of people that use it LOVE it, and have no complaints (though a few suggestions). when someone comes up with a real issue, he gets to it as fast as he can, barring "real life" concerns. he DID address your 'lack of manabar' problem, apparently - the fact that he didn't do it in a way the YOU like is not his fault. he did it the same way he does any other player request - in the main download. not only that, he added TWO ways to get what you asked for. if that's not actually what you wanted, maybe you should be more specific in your request. (exact window you want it in, what version of that window, and if it's a player request version or a main UI mod).
if you don't like the way he does his UI or formats for download, then don't use it. it's as simple as that. there is absolutly no good reason or excuse for sniping at someone that puts a lot of FREE work into something that you just want to download and use.

why is it that some people insist on raining everyone else's fun out just because THEY are not perfectly happy?
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #167
Dumaka
A Gray Wolf

Tumdayil, why don't you just move along to another UI and bother someone else. Your posts are not welcomed here.
Dumaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #168
Haleoo
Premium Member

Server: Xegony
Default Tumdayil

Tumdayil

If you feel that way I think that you should learn how to make your own UIs. That way you can make it your own specific way. Make any changes that you feel will meet your needs. As always Egras has made any and all changes to fit the mass people and some of us on a more personal level. These people are than likely his friends or guildmates. So again get a life and learn to do it yourself because as for the rest of us we learn to work around things or better it do it ourselves.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #169
Rhus
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serianna
This was my fix for a vertical spell bar with names attached, this was from DeltaX original UI, I just copy and pasted the file into my Egras folder (sorry if im stepping on your toes Egras)

Many thanks to both of you, Ergas and Serianna!

I decided to go with the Egras fix (not sure how I missed that the first time... ), and now my Necro is loving this UI as much as my Rogue!

Keep up the fantastic efforts, Egras!

I'm glad YOU do it, 'cuz I know I sure couldn't...

Last edited by Rhus : 01-19-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Rhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #170
almostcrimes
A Gray Wolf

Hey, great UI, thanks for it.

However, I like the "big bank window" screenshot in the big description of the UI. However, when I use Egras 9.0 my bank window (and bags) all look like the default. I'm curious how to get the bank with the titles for certain things (Quest items, Expansion items, Keys, etc).

Thanks!
almostcrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #171
Egras
A Lost Soul

How many bank slots do you have?
Old 01-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #172
lisavc
A Fire Beetle

Default Link dead problem

It appears that when I loot my body in some of the new TSS zones, using your UI, I suddenly go Link dead in the midst of looting. Any ideas. Does not happen using default UI.

Thank you
Lisa
lisavc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #173
Egras
A Lost Soul

Not honestly sure. Pay special attention to see if its a certain loot, inventory or gear slot. may narrow it down.
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #174
IrrikEndil
A Gray Wolf

Server: Nameless, originally from Stromm

Hey, first time posting here, but thought that I would say that I love your UI. I switched to it maybe 9 or 10 months ago and have never looked back.

That being said, the target window doesn't blink red for me when I have attack on. I know that it used to, and in one update that was before TSS it stopped, so I just used the target window from the update before that to get it to work. But once TSS came out it stopped working again and I couldn't use the old one because then I couldn't see the OoC regen timer. So is this just a problem that only I'm having or was it a modification to the target window file? In the preview pictures you have it shows there being a red blinking box around the target window but when I am in-game it doesn't work.

I eventually got used to it but at my age I sometimes forget to turn on attack and never notice until the mob is dead! Then I just feel silly. I think the blinking red box helped me to notice that more often, hehe.
IrrikEndil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #175
dpawson
A Ghoul

Default What should we expect with TBS?

Hey Egras... still a very satisfied customer of your interface. Makes my life so much easier...

Any idea what we should expect with TBS? Any likely problems when we first boot up? Do you have any timetable or estimates for updates? Anything I/we can do to help?
dpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #176
Monndane
A Fire Beetle

Default Bag in slot 1 dissapeared

For some reason, all my bags got shifted down 1 slot which makes it so i can't see my bag in slot 8.

I see an empty slot for a bag/item in slot 1, but i can't put anything into it. I have to load the default UI to get to my bag in slot 8.

Any quick fix? I have a feeling that there is just some coding/script to update, but i'm dumb when it comes to those things

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for your help.

Also, this only occured with the release of Buried Sea.
Monndane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:29 PM   #177
lexchess
A Bat

Same thing here on the bags, but no crashes and I'm gonna continue using this interface. Missing 1 bag is worth the cost to me. Great interface. Fits perfect on my screen size and has everything I want.

I loaded default, placed 5 stacks of drink and 5 stacks of food in bag 8, and then reloaded EgrasUI.
lexchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 AM   #178
Weilan_EMarr
A Bat

My bags were also shifted one slot, but since I keep one open anyway (you never know when you might need it) what has happened is my AMMO slot has disappeared and the arrows that were in it moved to that open inventory slot.

I did try out archery and it is working normally, just missing the ammo slot.
Weilan_EMarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #179
dpawson
A Ghoul

Default so far...

By the time I got fed up with UI fiddling and decided to play a bit instead, I had fixed my inventory window and the bag slots in the hotbutton window. I had no power source slot in my inventory, but the bags and ammo were back where they belonged. Then I noticed that they also changed the EQType values for the contents of the bags, which throws off the Bag tabs in the hotbutton window and the bag content slots in the other hotbutton windows.

In the absence of Egras, I'll probably try to fix this in the next day or so. I think I know how, and it shouldn't be terribly difficult. If I get back to where the UI works as well as it did pre-TBS, I can try to make it available. As for adding a power source slot, a tab for the new currency, etc., that's a bigger undertaking. I'll probably take a stab at it if nothing else comes along, but that might take longer.

Egras - you still around? Checking in? Playing? Maintaining the UI? I'm happy to help, but don't want to be duplicating work you might be doing now.
dpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #180
Osimillarion
A Ghoul

Default EQ Button with larger icons - TBS

This is a quick fix to Egras's EQ button with larger icons until Egras gets to updating it for TBS.

Does not have Powersource in it; I just quick fixed the ammo slot to actually be the ammo slot instead of the Powersource.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_EQMainWnd.xml (64.8 KB, 7 views)
Osimillarion is offline   Reply With Quote