Password

Old 11-16-2002, 09:22 AM   #1
Spiritwalker
A Snow Griffin

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Spiritwalker
Default 1600x1200 Version of Druid Night Elf UI with tabs

Okay folks here is a 1600x1200 Version of my recent Night Elf release. With this much more room I was able to make a few nice changes. Rarranged the chat windows and hitsmode spell spam etc. Added a 3 tab set to the pet window side that gives all inventory, all stats, and pet controls and health. Take a look and tell me what you guys thinnk. Should be posted to the Complete sets downloads section soon. Meanwhile here are some screencaps:

Pet Info Tab

Stats Tab

Inventory Tab

Look for it in downloads. I will also be working a version similar to this for human, undead, and orc campaigns. Since it worked so well I see myself integrating this into the 1280x1024 versions already released. It will..... unclutter things a bit.... Well enjoy.

Spirit
Old 11-16-2002, 10:22 AM   #2
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Wow...this looks so good at that resolution. My cleric might even use it. I've got a pretty beefy rig so i wouldn't use anything less than 1600x1200, so you can imagine how pleased I am. Thank you! I can't wait for the other versions

My only complaint, and i've had this with all versions--The target bar, while easily visible is...well, kind of ugly. It should at least be more of a red colour, because after years of our health bars being red it's just a natural association. I suppose we could easily replace it, but I haven't tried it yet.

Also, the top of the main and secondary chat windows (the center and left ones) seems to be cut off up top, which doesn't look as nice as it could, and the compass just looks kind of out of place, with lots of wasted space beside it--you should try placing the window selector icons in that space above the main chat, and moving the compass elsewhere, perhaps in the corner space where the "shelf" of leaves goes down on the left. I personally think that the compass here is kind of ugly compared to the rest of the ui, and there are plenty of other "location indicator" compasses that would look nicer...including one I modified from one of remelio's, which you can see a screenshot of here (i originally modified it to be the same width as the target, group and action windows) which works just as well.

But these are just suggestions, I really like what you've done. Great work, thank you, I look forward to their release!
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!

Last edited by Casanunda : 11-16-2002 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:06 PM   #3
Kuririnsama
A Ghoul

Excellent, as always .

~Kuri
Old 11-16-2002, 09:29 PM   #4
Spiritwalker
A Snow Griffin

Server: Xegony
Send a message via ICQ to Spiritwalker

I had not noticed the chat windows. Looking at that now. I think I may have picked the wrong window type for them... Hmmm. Anyway ill post a patch.

As to target bar.... well it was designed with WC3 in mind and as you know if youve played it, all health statistcis are shown with green lines very similar to what I have.

As to the compass well you can add any compass you want very easily, as well as spell books and maps etc. This UI isnt very restrictive unless you try to change the windows that have the graphics at the bottom...

You could add a compass by installing the mod for it and move the target window which is the targetbar and the leaves directly below by unlocking them. Then move your compass away for a minute... then move the target bar back and line it up straight then move your compass into the little transparent space i provided for it which is exactly the size of a compass 98, 24 pixels. Then get the comass set and lock it then click on the leaves of target bar again and lock it.

Hope this help

Spirit

Quote:
Originally posted by Casanunda
Wow...this looks so good at that resolution. My cleric might even use it. I've got a pretty beefy rig so i wouldn't use anything less than 1600x1200, so you can imagine how pleased I am. Thank you! I can't wait for the other versions

My only complaint, and i've had this with all versions--The target bar, while easily visible is...well, kind of ugly. It should at least be more of a red colour, because after years of our health bars being red it's just a natural association. I suppose we could easily replace it, but I haven't tried it yet.

Also, the top of the main and secondary chat windows (the center and left ones) seems to be cut off up top, which doesn't look as nice as it could, and the compass just looks kind of out of place, with lots of wasted space beside it--you should try placing the window selector icons in that space above the main chat, and moving the compass elsewhere, perhaps in the corner space where the "shelf" of leaves goes down on the left. I personally think that the compass here is kind of ugly compared to the rest of the ui, and there are plenty of other "location indicator" compasses that would look nicer...including one I modified from one of remelio's, which you can see a screenshot of here (i originally modified it to be the same width as the target, group and action windows) which works just as well.

But these are just suggestions, I really like what you've done. Great work, thank you, I look forward to their release!