Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-29-2002, 04:06 AM   #1
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default 640x480

This is my effort to make a UI for small screens. It was designed to reduce lag on raids, but that has more to do with luclin models and clipping planes than anything else. But it does use a very small amount of video memory, good for older video cards.

It's not the prettiest, but remember we're talking 640 by 480. Lots of room for text and battle spam along the bottom. Just enough room for spell and spawn timers and other critical information. No room for conveniences like extra inventory slots and pet control buttons and pictures of flowers -- make macros in the hotbuttons window if you need those.

The viewport is 448 by 336. This is what I'd show as a caster... a melee type would alt-s to get rid of the spells list and alt-t to open in the same space a list of stats, saves, atk, and endurance. She might leave the timer up to time disciplines, or could close it too. I figure that's all you need for a raid, or maybe more than you need.

Anyone else interested in running 640x480? Or have some suggestions for changes?
Old 08-29-2002, 05:05 AM   #2
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan

That would be very useful for running EQ on a screen that won't go over 640x480. On the other hand, most computers that won't at least run 800x600 can't run EQ either.

Excellent work though. I'd do something like this myself if I had to raid frequently.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:09 AM   #3
Chadoz
A Hill Giant

Server: Mith-Mar
Send a message via ICQ to Chadoz Send a message via AIM to Chadoz Send a message via Yahoo to Chadoz
Smile

I like the mod 640 x 480 don’t use it unless I am in huge lag area like bazaar or on huge group w/lots of spells flying around. I would like this mod for my other players that require the lower res.
Old 09-02-2002, 05:01 AM   #4
Tealen
A Gray Wolf

Would you mind posting this? My second system is way low end and can barely do anything. I'm mainly using it to transfer stuff and do an ocasional plvl for myself, but it could use all the help it can get.
Old 09-14-2002, 03:04 AM   #5
andara
A Treant

Wouldn't the velious era UI be friendlier on graphics cards?
Old 09-14-2002, 03:53 AM   #6
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

Quote:
Originally posted by andara
Wouldn't the velious era UI be friendlier on graphics cards?

Probably but there are things that can't be done with the velious era UI - Like bazaar and trader modes, not to mention following inventory links, etc.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:57 PM   #7
ertaisi
A Ghoul

Actually, the new UI is smoother and faster than the velious UI.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:43 PM   #8
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

PLEASE put it up for download. When I have the UI on everything seems to run slower(especially my mouse) so I want to use 640 x 480 and modify some of your stuff
Old 09-28-2002, 01:59 AM   #9
Kevdawg
A Snow Cougar

files plz omg hehe
Old 10-14-2002, 11:04 PM   #10
Munknee
A Bat

I've been slowly working my way back into eq and hopefully I can use this to work the bazaar with my 16mb pci vid card lol. If I can run eq without too much lag and still solo with the monk nerf I could be back in!
Old 12-26-2002, 09:08 PM   #11
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

Do you ever plan to release this UI? I just got PoP and I went to the plane of tranquility, and I could barely move. I turned my resolution down to 640 x 480 and I could atleast move somewhat comfortably. I gotta upgrade my computer :/

I'm searching for 640 x 480 UI's so I can actually do stuff in pop and that interface looks great.
They have taken the bridge and the second hall.. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming......
Old 01-08-2003, 03:47 AM   #12
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Default it's up

I finally got around to working on UI stuff again. PoP has been fun, and so was travelling for xmas.

It's in the download section now. Hope it works for you.