Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 09-11-2002, 09:57 PM   #1
odazen
A Fire Beetle

Default STMLbox

I wish they would go ahead and let us use the STMLbox. Right now, as near as I can tell after far too long trying different things, there is no way to feed it a file url. It seems to have only one use, which is the help window, and its starting url is force fed to it by some magic program function. I laud the efforts of folks converting tradeskill information and such into graphics to be displayed, but it makes rearranging the info much harder than it should be. Does anybody else want to be able to plop a STMLbox on a window and feed it an URL? Maybe if enough of us whine and plead, they will add <URL></URL> tags.

Just think, nice easy to edit information files you could view in game, without having to load up a bunch of graphics files. Nice organized set of links on your index page, so your info window (would be pet window for me) is uncluttered by tabs.

Probably never happen, but I can dream.
odazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 10:29 PM   #2
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

You can do it now, if you want to use the post-patch-copy method. Just create your html hierchy and load all your html file in the help folder. Then, after the patch is done scanning, copy your version of the help.html file into the help folder, and click play. If you create a batch file, it's as simple as clicking an icon on your desktop before pressing play.

It's a work-a-round, but it works.

On the other hand, I agree with your 100%. There should be a way for us to do it without bypassing the system.
Rolleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 07:19 PM   #3
odazen
A Fire Beetle

Rolleo,

Yah, I know you can replace the exisiting help html tree with a new doc root after the patch process, but it is just an extra thing to remember. I have a hard enough time remembering where I put the car keys. I want them to give us access to the STMLbox. Furthermore, it would be super cool if they added tags to STML to suck in some of the stuff we are painfully putting in label tags and positioning by the pixel. I hate having to be a pixel master. They went to the trouble of putting the STML parser in the game, they should let us use it!
Old 09-13-2002, 05:09 AM   #4
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Actually, if your Help file has been altered in another directory, you don't have to modify it after each patch. Only the files in the Default directory get overwritten.
Tipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 07:08 AM   #5
odazen
A Fire Beetle

I've ended up just writing a short program that renames my help directory to something else, renames the official eq help directory to help, spawns eq, waits for the patch window to go away, swaps the directory names again and exits. I'd still rather be able to feed the STMLbox an URL.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:09 PM   #6
Windaen_Rathe
A Gray Wolf

This definately would be incredibly useful. It would make the creation and maintenece of tradeskill info, location guides, player class guides... and whatever else so much easier.

-Windaen
Windaen_Rathe is offline   Reply With Quote