Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Tutorials & Info. > XML Tutorials & Info.
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2002, 09:37 AM   #1
Statix
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default How to make UI's never break.

Source: http://skins.machin-shin.net/nobreak.html

How to make your UI never break: (atleast im 99% sure):

First you need to make your User Interface Modular ... that means taking all of your modifications to your EQUI_Animations.xml file, EQUI_Templates, etc etc, whatever you may have modified and place them inside of a new .XML file that you create. This makes mix/matching mods much easier.

After this part you need to 'Include' the .xml file in everquest. What I mean is you will need to edit your EQUI.xml (in your UI folder)file to look like this.

What this does is cause your UI folder to look in the default folder for its MAIN includes (normal windows, graphics, templates, etc).
Then it looks in the UI file that you created (replace EQUI_Quartz.xml with your own) and loads its data.

This way any time verant adds a new window OR graphics your UI will be affected in no way.. I guess we'll see how well it works when the Test server mp3 player comes in Note: This way will not work so well with customized cursors, and possibly some other methods... Any additional input of ways to get around this is appreciated and should be said to the UI public
-Statix Cinderblade

=)

Last edited by Dolby : 11-13-2002 at 05:00 PM.
Statix is offline   Reply With Quote