Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default DaerPC.com UPDATED offer for EQInterface/EQGui members

DAER PC SKYHAWK Everquest Ready PC*
Price: $499.00 (taxed only in VA)

SPECS
Processor: XP1700
Motherboard: Gigabyte 7VAX 200/266/333FSB new!
Memory: 256mb DDR (EQInterface/EQgui members get upgraded to 512 FREE)
Hard Drive: 40 gig
CD Rom: 52x
CD Writer: (Optional Upgrade)
DVD Drive: (Optional Upgrade)
Video: GeForce 4 MX440 64meg 8x AGP new!
Modem: (Optional Upgrade)
Sound: Realtek ALC650 new!
Software: (Optional Upgrade)
Monitor: (Optional Upgrade)
Case: Alluminum Skyhawk Case (alluminum is best for heat dispersion)

Erik Saw your comments on the 399.00 base system and went back to the drawing board and upgraded the Video Card, Sound Card, and Motherboard. A $160.00 value. But only added 100 dollars to the orginal price. and again, EQInterface/EQGui members get a FREE uprade on the member to 512 megs A 50$ value (see bottom for details) making this 110.00 savings

Erik and the folks at DaerPC have been working endlessly to try and build a good EQ Machine, but still keep the cost down. But they saw the concerns for the rendering and audio performance and came back with a better system

We are going to support DaerPC by having a link to thier offer for
EQI/EQGui members on the main page for a trial period, to see if many people look to them for upgrades. We hope that some of our success with the EQ community will bring them success to.

Lastly I should mention, that DaerPC is also offering FREE SHIPPING if your order is submitted by the end of Feb. (this is a seperate promotion, but add that to the free ram upgrade, the new saving for the additions and we could be making out like bandits)

****Promo For EQInterface/EQGui Members****

Enter the promo code 30301 and you will recieve the free upgrade from 256mb to 512mb of ram free. No need to change the ram in the selection window. During Check Out it will tell you your using a promo code, and list the 256 megs of ram.. BUT the confirmation E-mail will show the correct ram, and that your code has been redeemed.

To find out about what upgrades they offer above the base system listed above, or to order Click HERE (or click the name at top of screen)

*The base machine exceeds SOE's minimum specs to play EQ as of the release of Luclin, this includes Planes of Power and Legacy of Ykeysha. This machine meets the recommended stats to play EQ by SOE

All PCs are offered,sold and warrantied by DaerPC.com please read see thier site for further information. EQInterface/EQgui.com makes no guarantees about their product. Any unlikely machine failures should follow DaerPC's warranty policy

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]

Last edited by Kudane : 02-25-2003 at 07:40 PM.
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 08:03 PM   #2
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

That a much nicer setup for EQ, and nicely priced too.

I still wonder though, why don't more PC builders use motherboards with the nForce2 chipset? A motherboard with nForce2 would have onboard geForce4 MX quality graphics, onboard Lan, and Onboard 6 chanel audo. Put two 256 meg sticks of ram in for the dual chanel DDR and the system/vidio performace would be similar to what this system lists, but cost less.

I'm not ripping the deal, its a nice one, just curious is all. =)
Shadowed Soul
Caleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:33 AM   #3
daerpc
A Gray Wolf

Server: !

Our primary goal was to get away from onboard video especially with a gaming machine where frequent video card upgrading is common. With that in mind the nForce2 chipset motherboards do have a significantly higher cost. The dual memory does cause some added concern in compatibility and confusion with some end users.
daerpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:49 AM   #4
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>

Woot!

This system I will recommend to my son!

..xcuse me child. Time to dump the emachine.

(I'm keeping my Tosh Laptop tho.)
Old 02-26-2003, 10:01 AM   #5
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally posted by daerpc
Our primary goal was to get away from onboard video especially with a gaming machine where frequent video card upgrading is common. With that in mind the nForce2 chipset motherboards do have a significantly higher cost. The dual memory does cause some added concern in compatibility and confusion with some end users.

Fair enough.

Good point about the memory, I have had to slap around(not literally) friends in the past over mismatched memory issues.

Love when the sales guys at Best Buy tell them, "just plug it in any open slot". Then after an hour on the phone with the person, I find out they have a new cheepo stick of ram in slot 2 behind the stick of high performance ram I stuck in slot 1. =x
Caleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 01:14 PM   #6
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

I was just wondering how long the deal is good for? I would like to do this but need to wait a bit for some money Im expecting to come in. Just curious, thanks!
Margrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 01:25 PM   #7
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Margrave
I was just wondering how long the deal is good for? I would like to do this but need to wait a bit for some money Im expecting to come in. Just curious, thanks!

DaerPC.com and EQInterface/EQGui have agreed to at least till the end of May, the free Shipping ends this week (but that was thier deal) Sooo you should have a few months to take advantge of it..

Depending on how popular the promo is, it might continue past that point.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:10 PM   #8
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Talking

Great thanks for the reply and info! Good to hear!
Margrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 06:55 PM   #9
warpuppy
A Gray Wolf

Server: brell
Question

just wondering if the offer is available to us here in canada? thanks....warpuppy...alberta canada
warpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 07:30 AM   #10
Wink
A Ghoul

Server: Terris Thule
Send a message via AIM to Wink

Just wanted to let yas know, I built my own pc with a very similar setup to the one they are now offering. I can go on raids with 60 or more people present, all luclin models ON , with minimal raid settings in effect (/shown 1,/shows off,/hidecorpse all, and opacity to 0% in options menu) and run smoothly. Nice setup and offer guys, if i hadnt recently built my own new pc I would have definetly considered this deal. Keep up the great work.
Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 02:54 PM   #11
Thanatos of Had
A Bat

Wow !! That really hurts !!
I just went out last week and bought a new system for the wife that was of less quality as the one your offering and $100.00 cheaper and I had to put it together .... and now I see this Grrr I am so kicking myself in the buttocks. Iam kicking myself so bad I had to share. Very nice deal and it looks sharp too.
Thanatos of Had is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 04:17 PM   #12
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by warpuppy
just wondering if the offer is available to us here in canada? thanks....warpuppy...alberta canada

I think its going to be a matter of shipping..

send Erik an email and he can tell you.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:11 AM   #13
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Re: DaerPC.com UPDATED offer for EQInterface/EQGui members

First of all, I want to say thanks for making this great deal available. I have a quick question about the free RAM upgrade though:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
During Check Out it will tell you your using a promo code, and list the 256 megs of ram.. BUT the confirmation E-mail will show the correct ram, and that your code has been redeemed.

I just placed an order using the provided promo code. According to Kudane's post, the confirmation email should show the correct 512 megs of memory. However, my confirmation email still shows 256 megs, and doesn't mention that the code has been redeemed:
Code:
Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SYS-SKYHAWKEQ DAER PC SKYHAWK EQ 1 $499.00 $499.00 CPU: 1700 MEM: 256MB HD: 40GB CD: 52X CDRW: NONE DVD: NONE VIDEO: G4MX440 MODEM: NONE SFT: NONE MON: NONE RAID: NONE PROMO: 30301 Shipping: Standard Shipping 10-14 days: $0.00 Sales Tax: $0.00 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do I need to do something about this, or will the free RAM upgrade be automatically added? What if the system arrives and only has 256 megs installed?

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:33 AM   #14
Kudane
Co-Founder

If worried Email Erik (at [email protected]) and give him your invoice number and tell him that you want to make sure the promo code got redeemed for the ram upgrade..

He actually comes here and reads this forum too, sooo he may post a reply here..

but I would say you have a 99.99999 percent chance that your machine will be just fine..

and a 0.00001% chance that it will show up with only 256..

Erik is a top notch guy and we have talked many, many, many times. and he has assured me that all the any orders will be handled correctly.

thanks for posting though.. others wont be as worried now.

/bow
Old 02-28-2003, 07:31 AM   #15
daerpc
A Gray Wolf

Server: !

Please note - we do manually send an email within 24hours confirming your order - we also confirm the promo code and your free upgrade to the 512MB memory.

Thanks
Erik Platte
DAER PC
daerpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread