Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 10-15-2003, 11:35 AM   #46
beholdbojangles
A Fire Beetle

I've only played a necro past lvl 4, so I can only give the experiences I've obtained as a necro.

IIIF you wanna be good with sociability, hanging out giving buffs in the pok, then druids are the tastiest. I like druids. They save me the plat from having to buy potions for sow. They're good at that.

I know feign is good, but if you're getting pounded from all sides, you get interrupted. A LOT. Lower levels, that is. Simplest solution is to NOT PUT yourself into a situation where you could potentially be dealing with more than you can dot and keep your pet alive at the same time.

I've got an iksar necro. lvl 24. Greatest lower levels ever. The conversion spells at low levels become clarity, because the life sap is immediately healed by the faster heal/tick that they have. But make sure you don't make the n00b mistake that I made and keep the higher level conversions on while injured and walking around the pok. You cannot imagine how surprised i was to find myself flat on my back and unable, in time, to figure out why. What was worse was I was bound in kurns, and had to run back to the pok to get my body...

Question I have is thus. Later in game, are iksarian necros just as good, or are other necro races better?
beholdbojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 12:04 PM   #47
onetwo1212
Silly Necro

Server: Tribunal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to onetwo1212

Later in the game, iksar necros are the best necros from the race regen stacked with AA regen and any regen gear you get such as the final chardok ring or a zandlakar's(sp?) heart.

On thing people don't think about are pure necro groups. A necro group has the highest mana regen posable from mind wrack and the lich line. The DPS is also nothing to lauph at.

What it all boils down to is who is sitting at the keyboard. I have seen lvl 65 necro twinks fail to solo stuff that I can at 56. My freind, a lvl 65 DarkElf necro, has soloed many velious dragons along with other high hp mobs. His hit list is getting rather long. I'd have to say druids are better at killing many easy mobs, while a necro is good at taking out those really hard mobs.
Threefour 24 Monk
onetwo1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:27 PM   #48
beholdbojangles
A Fire Beetle

danke for the info. I hadn't checked the AA's for my necro. I didn't know that I had more regeneration coming for me.

Yeah, zland's is nice...but I'm not that rich. True, I've got some smooth stuff that my friend set me up with, but, alas, i'm not in the calibur yet that I can drop 20k plats or so for a heart.

again, thanks for the info.
beholdbojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:54 PM   #49
yiadara
A Bat

Server: veeshan
Default Necro Vs Druid

Hey there guys ..

I have a 65 necro with about 100 aa's 1st there isnt that many places at 65 one can solo. Hoh, pos and in plane of fire. For the most part one resist on our embracing dark and thats it for the necro. I have been in hoh and pulled a mob right after a druid and by the time that druid is done soloing his/ her mob im 1/2 way on my 2nd one. I use embracing darkness, blood of thule, funeral pyre and saryns kiss. send pet in and reverse kite by the time bot wears off i have about 6 - 7 attempts to reland embraccing darkness before it wears off. If i can stick eb on it and it doesnt summon i win .. Pulling a mob that is in close proximity to another is a royal pain in the but . yes we can fd but i hate that tension .

Now druids imo they are a much better puller soloer then necro (outside anyway) gotta love that harmony. They take a while to finish a mob that takes deep concentration and patience niether of which i have but yes they get the job done they are quite good at what they do dont debate the functionality of the class just group up with them and kil 2 x the mobs .. thier snare lasts for ever. I saw a 65 druid in action in hoh owning everything thought to my self hell i gotta get one .. my druid is now 38 waiting for him to get to 46 so i can group with my necro ..
Old 10-18-2003, 11:45 AM   #50
ÆÆÆÆ
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I prefer Necro, but that's because they can solo indoors, too! Also, a pet is useful... But the druid's ports are tempting.......
ÆÆÆÆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:40 PM   #51
stayaway23
A Bat

Default power

My 2 cents

I have a 65 necro and a 40 druid. Necro power is by far the way to go .. EG. take a druid to veksar and tell him to solo 5 rare spawn points. The druid will laugh at you saying that the mobs summon and there is no way .. I do this on a daily basis with my necro . As for a bard being the best soloers .. what do they do when a MoB summons ? They run like a girls soccer team when it starts raining to the zone .. Shamans are good at soloing but thier pet sucks big turds. All in All no other class can solo so many different places with all the different MoBs that sony has to throw at you.

STAYAWAY FROME
crusaders of drunken might
fennin ro

P.S. the only zone i have not soloed in .. including the old planes is the last tier of PoP. I have even soloed in Ldon ( very well ) on an adventurewhere my group decided to bail.
stayaway23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 10:00 AM   #52
jollyboy5
A Fire Beetle

This is just my 2cp. A good druid wiil snare his pet before he charms it, park it, then go snare target, pull to pet, DOT, root, then move away to med. If charm breaks, recast charm, resick. Even root broke on other mob, they will not get to you very fast. After mob dies, wait for charm to break and finish off pet. 2 for 1. The only key is to have Char around 120 or so for charm to last. Anyway, like I said that is my 2cp on the issue. Yes I do this.

Nabbasa
55 druid on Saryrn
jollyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote