Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2002, 09:59 AM   #1
Caderethan
A Bat

Default A question regarding the pet info window

Has anyone determined yet as to whether or not this window is hardcoded such that additional pet commands cannot be added?

I have gone through the XML and it appears that the existing commmands use a line such as the following to instruct the pet on how it should proceed.

<TooltipReference>Pet Back Off</TooltipReference>

I have taken the XML structure from one of the commands and pasted it in such a manner that a new button was created with the intended function of being able to have pets report their health. The button does appear when you load the changes but unlike the other buttons it can be actived whether you have an existing pet or not. Also upon casting a pet the button doesn't have any effect on the pets command functions.

Before I continue down a possibly pointless track I would like to get a few other thoughts on this.

Caderethan Deyajasagus
Caderethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
Faeriemage
A Snow Griffin

Server: Zebuxoruk
Default I hate this but...

All buttons are hard coded into EQ. You can not make a change to any of the buttons. Because of this you are stuck whith what they give you. something you could try would be to add a hotbox square unto the pet window, yes you would be able to size it the way you like. You could get some nice additional buttons that way, but of course they would only do what you could do in a social button.
Faeriemage is offline   Reply With Quote