Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 05:39 AM   #1
Qandalf
A Gray Wolf

Default Full width EXP and AAEXP bars

Would love to see full width (across top screen) exp and aaexp bars. Wouldn't want HP, mana and stamina bars to be full width - just the exp bars. Might then be able to actually see exp move. =)

I know there is one mod on site which puts all the main bars on top of screen at full width for 1600x1024 but unfortuanately I play in 1024 by 768 mode. Besides health bars and such at full width would be of little value in my opinion.
Qandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 05:45 AM   #2
Martinusiv
A Ghoul

I think the length is determined by a value in percents, so its 1% to 100%, so it doesn't make a difference (well abit maybe) whether you bar is 100 pixels or 1000 pixels wide.

This is just an assuption(sp), haven't tested it
Martinusiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 06:42 AM   #3
Kluz
A Gray Wolf

Ick...

as site admin, former copy editor, and all around journalistic-driven loser, I hate to take an opinion on anything, but I have to agree.

That full length health bar mod we host is rather useless as 1600X1024 is rather useless as a resolution until the 3 GHZ chip becomes standard.

Funny thing is, nobody knows how the author did it. or at least thats what people are letting on.
Old 07-27-2002, 10:33 AM   #4
Sparr
A Ghoul

Default insight from other places

Experience is handled in 330ths of a level. This is 65ths of a yellow bubble. and 13ths of a blue bubble. That means you are just wasting space if you make blue bubbles more than 13 pixels wide. However, the old exp window has approx 20-pixel bubbles so if you expanded that to 26 pixels it would look a little better.
Sparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 11:53 AM   #5
Daeanor
A Gray Wolf

You have to make a new TGA file with the window pieces for the gauge. That's how the author of that big one did it. I tried just resizing the gauge in the xml, but it made no difference. It seems to size itself from the background graphic.
Old 07-27-2002, 12:22 PM   #6
Martinusiv
A Ghoul

>Experience is handled in 330ths of a level
so a 330px wide bar would be ideal...this also for all the other stats/gauge?
Martinusiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 03:10 PM   #7
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears
Default PROTOTYPE! :)

Hi hi

I love customizing as you can see. Anyway here's a prototype of something I started last night, but I stopped because I didn't know in what window to stick it in. I wanted to put it in its own window, but the schema-program relationship doesn't allow new windows. I guess I can make an extra-long player window. The only problem is you can't have a window be too big or else you eat up space where you can click, like you can't click through an invisible player window.

-TJ

PS How did you find out that experience is updated every 1/330ths of a full level?

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 03:29 PM   #8
Sparr
A Ghoul

heh, if you made the bar 330px wide then the yellow pixels would be accurate but the blue would be wasted. the yellow bar would increase 1 pixel at a time which would be 5 blue pixels. the optimal small size would be 65 pixels wide, but any multiple of that would work for those with poor eyesight.

ps: old secret. if its wrong then id be happy to learn otherwise.
Sparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 09:04 PM   #9
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

What I would like to know is how you found out that guages (XP etc) are 330 parts?

Changing the length of bars is not overly hard but lengthy to explain. I have only adjusted my Target bar (you can find it listed in the mods), other bars length is just fine.