Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2004, 09:34 AM   #1
cognitur
A Hill Giant

Default ? Making CONsider color work in PlayerWindow?

I have made my Player Window into a screen width bar and have added Target HP and TargetOfTarget Gauges. I have not been able to get it the Con color coding to work.

There is something basic here that I have not learned and cannot find in the forums. How can I make this code work so that the Target HP and TargetOfTarget HP gauges in my Player Window will show the CONsider colors?

I simply copied the Target HP gauge and associated Pieces from EQUI_TargetWindow.xml

The Target HP gauge works fine but the Player Window crashes to default when the following code is added:
<!-- TARGET BOX TEXTURE INFO -->
<TextureInfo item = "TargetBox.tga">
<Size>
<CX>124</CX>
<CY>24</CY>
</Size>
</TextureInfo>

These sections do not cause a problem:
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_TargetBox">
<Cycle>false</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Texture>TargetBox.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>850</X>
<Y>2</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>116</CX>
<CY>28</CY>
</Size>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

<StaticAnimation item = "Player_TargetBoxStaticAnim">
<ScreenID>Player_TargetBoxStaticAnim</ScreenID>
<Animation>A_TargetBox</Animation>
</StaticAnimation>

Thanks.

Last edited by cognitur : 07-31-2004 at 10:19 AM.
cognitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 10:12 AM   #2
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The target con color only works in the target window. Similarly, the blinking attack indicator only works in the player window. And all buttons only work in their native window. Aint nuthin' you can do about it.

I also put target and target-of-target bars in my player window. It's really convenient to have the TT bar there, I don't have to remember to open the TT window every time I join a group.

One of my solutions was to leave a transparent hole in my player window and then position the target window so that the indicator would show through the transparent hole.

Here's a picture of it, with the target window in the wrong place. The top bar is target, the second bar is TT. The little transparent hole beneath the target bar is where the target window is supposed to be. You can actually see the con indicator near the bottom... I moved it to the right position right after this shot.

Actually the target window usually is on top of the player window, 99 percent of the time. So you don't really need the transparent hole. But 99 percent wasn't good enough for me, I wanted 100 percent.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp EQ000138.bmp (165.3 KB, 69 views)
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:13 AM   #3
cognitur
A Hill Giant

Default Transparent Hole in Player Window

How did you make a Piece of the Player Window transparent? I inserted a label in the correct place and used a style command Transparent, but that did not work.
cognitur is offline   Reply With Quote