deadgnomewalkin
A Gray Wolf

thanks for the info
deadgnomewalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:39 PM   #137
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Someone requested a tabbed big bank window, so I have added one as an option.

Can also get it here
Old 11-19-2016, 12:57 AM   #138
Tobynn
A Ghoul

Default Hero's Forge

Greetings Ang !

Discovered an oddity related to Hero's Forge ornaments (Type 21). Unable to left- or right-click on the ornaments to remove them from ItemDisplay. Also, the text label adjacent to the ornament box has gone missing from ItemDisplay. This is not a brand new occurrence; I noticed it couple months ago but as may only swap out these type 21s once every few months, I cannot say when it first cropped up. Meant to mention it upon discovery but forgot until now! I can swap to default UI and functionality is normal.

I did a fresh install using your latest download and still no dice.

I took a peek at your Magelo profile and I see you are not using Heros Forge type 21s, so likely something you may not be able to verify, visually.

edit#1: After more screwing around with it, I did eventually discover that there is sweet spot (at the very bottom) within the ornament slot about 1x10 pixels whereupon the tooltip does display on mouse hover. You can right- or left-click within that mini sweet spot and remove the ornament. Label still invisible though

edit#2: The plot thickens. Heh. I suspect the clickable region is being offset for certain classes due to the RACE field in ItemDisplay being either one -or- two lines of text. Example: My druid has click problems, my necro has click problems, my warrior has no click problem whatsoever. They all use the same install of AngUI.

Examples from ItemDisplay:

CLASS: WAR
RACE: HUM BAR ELF DEF HEF DWF TRL OGR
HFL GNM IKS VAH FRG DRK
(two lines of text)

CLASS: DRU
RACE: HUM ELF HEF HFL DRK
(one line of text)

CLASS: NEC
RACE: HUM ERU DEF GNM IKS FRG DRAK
(one line of text)

The absent line of text causes a shift upwards, resulting in the clickable region on those two classes being nestled waaaay down at the bottom edge of the slot and obscuring the text label.

At least that's my best guess, Ang !!

Last edited by Tobynn : 11-19-2016 at 02:05 AM.
Tobynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #139
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobynn
Greetings Ang !

Discovered an oddity related to Hero's Forge ornaments (Type 21). Unable to left- or right-click on the ornaments to remove them from ItemDisplay. Also, the text label adjacent to the ornament box has gone missing from ItemDisplay. This is not a brand new occurrence; I noticed it couple months ago but as may only swap out these type 21s once every few months, I cannot say when it first cropped up. Meant to mention it upon discovery but forgot until now! I can swap to default UI and functionality is normal.

I did a fresh install using your latest download and still no dice.

I took a peek at your Magelo profile and I see you are not using Heros Forge type 21s, so likely something you may not be able to verify, visually.

edit#1: After more screwing around with it, I did eventually discover that there is sweet spot (at the very bottom) within the ornament slot about 1x10 pixels whereupon the tooltip does display on mouse hover. You can right- or left-click within that mini sweet spot and remove the ornament. Label still invisible though

edit#2: The plot thickens. Heh. I suspect the clickable region is being offset for certain classes due to the RACE field in ItemDisplay being either one -or- two lines of text. Example: My druid has click problems, my necro has click problems, my warrior has no click problem whatsoever. They all use the same install of AngUI.

Examples from ItemDisplay:

CLASS: WAR
RACE: HUM BAR ELF DEF HEF DWF TRL OGR
HFL GNM IKS VAH FRG DRK
(two lines of text)

CLASS: DRU
RACE: HUM ELF HEF HFL DRK
(one line of text)

CLASS: NEC
RACE: HUM ERU DEF GNM IKS FRG DRAK
(one line of text)

The absent line of text causes a shift upwards, resulting in the clickable region on those two classes being nestled waaaay down at the bottom edge of the slot and obscuring the text label.

At least that's my best guess, Ang !!

As you noted, I don't use Hero's Forge ornaments, I just can't find anything that beats the look of the DE armor with the flames, I'm old school :P

If I get some spare time I'll take a poke around at the window see if I can fix the problem. I seem to recall I switched to default the one time I trieed the type 21s.

As always it's great (and still surprising) to hear from someone using this UI I've thrown together

Edit:
Had a dig around in the ItemDisplay window, it's a PITA because there is so much of it that is hardcoded so that it ignores what is actually in the .xml file.

The default UI actually has the same issue but as the HF slot is twice the size it's easier to hit the part that works.

Created a bug for this in the daybreak issue system, here

Last edited by Angahran : 11-20-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:23 PM   #140
Tobynn
A Ghoul

Ha! So I was on the right track, kinda. I didn't diligently look at the default UI. I must have simply clicked the right area first attempt and assumed it was good. I upvoted the tracker issue, but I suspect it won't be any priority for devs.

Thanks for investigating!
Old 11-21-2016, 11:05 PM   #141
eq_freek
A Fire Beetle

Default how to get back the title bar to windows

Hello. Found this ui today. Im loving it, but how do i get the name bar above the window back?
eq_freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:26 AM   #142
Angahran
Premium Member

Default You don't :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq_freek
Hello. Found this ui today. Im loving it, but how do i get the name bar above the window back?

Would have to edit the.xml file, change the 'Titlebar' property and probably change the border used.

My goal with this UI was clean and simple and most windows really don't need the name above them so I removed them.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #143
Angahran
Premium Member

Default Archiving old patch notes.

Uploading patch for 1/18/17 (v3.3.8)

Copying old patch notes here:

- 3.3.7 - Ready for new expansion.

- 3.3.6 - Updates for latest patch.
- 3.3.6 - New Tribute/Trophy, Personal Tribute/Trophy on one tab, Guild Tribute/Trophy on 2nd tab.

- 3.3.5 - Minor updates needed for May 18th patch.

-3.3.4 - and another new .zip, sorry. Messed up the options window.
(It's all fixed now, I promise :P )

-3.3.4 - *New .zip file* Updates for 04/20/2016 patch. New .zip file because I missed updates to EQUI_Templates file to remove LON.

-3.3.3 - Minor update for today's patch. Removing EQPlayers and changes for options window.

-3.3.2 - Minor update to add 'Log Out Over Parcel Limit' button to General Options page.

-3.3.1 - Expansion update - Removed Mounts tab and added Keyring button to Inventory.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:29 AM   #144
Tobynn
A Ghoul

Will today's patch and the multitude of UI element changes cause UI breakage with errors and load default? Or, will it simply generate warnings?

I set out to remove all the TextColor references at the default 255s, and in the very first EQUI file I opened I found 76 instances. Multiply that x50ish EQUI files and I immediately did not want to sink time into this unless I had no choice.

Thanks!

edit:
Logged in after patch, UI works fine; did not force a default load. Yay!

Last edited by Tobynn : 01-17-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #145
Angahran
Premium Member

Just posted update with all the <TextColor> (and <TabTextColor>) tags removed where they were using hte default 255,255,255 values.

The UI will give the 'this is incompatible' warning however.
This is because I removed some text labels that were simple putting a '%' and used the new <AppendText> to add the %.

Unfortunately the % label elements were tagged as 'required' which triggers the warning.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #146
Angahran
Premium Member

Default v4.0.3 released

Minor updates from test patch, mainly removing the filigree border.

Restricted the 11th hotbar to 5 slots.

Moving older patch notes here:

- 3.3.10 - Updates for latest patch. Mainly adding 'Find' button to Bank and Inventory.

- 3.3.9 - Updates for May 17th patch.

- 3.3.8 - Minor updates for the 1/18/17 patch.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:24 AM   #147
Tobynn
A Ghoul

omg what the hell is going on with spell icons hahaha ...

I popped onto Test server today to peek at downloadinfo.txt and saw we were getting some newly created UI files, a couple new XMLs and an extraordinary number of new spell icon .tga files. We are going from about 250 images to over 2200. The dramatic increase in variety is ... strange.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:40 AM   #148
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobynn
omg what the hell is going on with spell icons hahaha ...

I popped onto Test server today to peek at downloadinfo.txt and saw we were getting some newly created UI files, a couple new XMLs and an extraordinary number of new spell icon .tga files. We are going from about 250 images to over 2200. The dramatic increase in variety is ... strange.

Looks like each spell is getting it's own icon now.
That probably means having to stop using the 'old' icon files unless there is someone artistic who is up to the challenge of taking the existing 7 files and using those icons to replace all the ones in the new 62 files.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #149
grtdrgn
A Gray Wolf

Default Hello there...

So... I used to use AYAUI back before I retired in 2012. I tried it now when coming back, and there are several things that have changed, not only in the current version of AYA, but the overall General UI - windows completely removed, no more use for clicky windows, adding the Extended Target window...

I have tried your AngUI, and I like several aspects of it overall. Namely the EQ window having the entire inventory in it, the way your Spellbar is setup with the spell names listed as well as the vertical setup of the bar, and I think it's the Target window where you incorporated the Extended Target with the regular target. These are all awesome and very much appreciate all the work you've put into it.

The main thing I have found kind of "unusable" for me is the Map window with a black background. Most of the maps I've found use black lines, and sometimes even black text that don't show up.

Any chance you could tell me how to change the background color back to default, so that I can use the map window?

Thanks in advance.
grtdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:24 PM   #150
Aalronx
A Gray Wolf

Default Thank You

Thank you ANG, for fixing the Tab Bank Window with the new Bag Slots. You are AWESOME SIR.

/huggles
Tandia Rainspirit
Aalronx is offline   Reply With Quote