Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > SOE Corner
User Name
Password

Old 02-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #61
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Actually, using the EQIM plugin for Trillian is an EULA violation ... if I have understood correctly, simply because when loading the plugin, you dont get to see the SOE EQ EULA, hence a violation.

But if you feel confident in trying ... here it is.

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:37 PM   #62
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qinadwen
Actually, using the EQIM plugin for Trillian is an EULA violation ... if I have understood correctly, simply because when loading the plugin, you dont get to see the SOE EQ EULA, hence a violation.

But if you feel confident in trying ... here it is.

while technically against the EULA, I do know that SOE is not chasing anyone for using it. as EQIM is no longer a supported product (their own words). They are not really pursuing anyone for using the TEQIM plugin.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #63
darchangel
A Bat

Default please help a blonde!

I have been having issues with EQIM crashing alot, and erasing my buddy list. Sometimes when I add a name, it crashes, sometimes for no apparent reason, it crashes. But pretty much everytime it crashes, it erases my buddy list.
I was going to check into the TEQIM thing, but... well, for those of you who dont know, blondes do play EQ too, and the sight the link went to made absolutely no sence to me. Isnt there a way to give me a link that I click on and just download it?
Also, I dont get the whole sony doesnt support it anymore thing. They created it and abandoned it? How does it still work? I use EQIM pretty much every day. But the crashes and other bugs are really starting to get on my nerves.
Can anyone help a blonde?
darchangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #64
diashto
A Fire Beetle

Server: Xegony (Zebuxoruk)
Send a message via ICQ to diashto Send a message via AIM to diashto Send a message via Yahoo to diashto

Quote:
Originally Posted by darchangel
I was going to check into the TEQIM thing, but... well, for those of you who dont know, blondes do play EQ too, and the sight the link went to made absolutely no sence to me. Isnt there a way to give me a link that I click on and just download it?

http://teqim.sourceforge.net/downlo...-bin-Latest.zip

that's the link to the latest download. Unzip it to the trillian\plugins\ folder on your computer.

Note: you gotta have Trillian PRO for it to work, wont work on the freeware versions of Trillian.

It does work with 3.0 also.. just tends to crash trillian after switching accounts.
diashto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:00 PM   #65
tine_122506
A Fire Beetle

Unhappy Is it gone?

I've been using EQIM for a while now, and it would occassionally crash on me, but it was no big deal. However, when I got a new computer and tried copying eqim files over, it crashes every single time I open the program (after I log in). I no longer have the installer for it. Is there anyway that I can get the installer for EQIM again, or will I have to give up on it? I'd hate to lose it, since I do (or did) use it on a regular basis.
tine_122506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:45 PM   #66
Annoid
A Gray Wolf

Annoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #67
watibi
A Bat

Default EQim

Since last patch of 16th June 2006, have buddies online i know they are but don't see them online.
Is EQIM still working since last patch and what need to do to be in general chat ? don't see anyone anymore .
watibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:40 AM   #68
Cazandra
A Ghoul

Server: zek

Same thing for me too, don't know whats up with it.
Cazandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #69
pogoism9
A Bat

Its probably due to the update to the chat system. It doesnt use the universal channel system anymore
pogoism9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #70
lumi
A Fire Beetle

i wanted to know...WHY THE **** DID YOU LIE ABOUT THE PROGRESSION. you guys said will be able to experience it as if it were 1999 NOT 2006 the LEAST you couldve done was taken the PoK book out why were you so ****ing lazy

email me a reply at [email protected], or i will go to youre damn president. i have contacts that have his email/number and would gladly give it to me. i WILL WILL WILL complain straight to him and it may not be much but youll be LOSING 7 eq1 accounts and 4 swg accounts

thanks,
sycoma
lumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #71
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi
i wanted to know...WHY THE **** DID YOU LIE ABOUT THE PROGRESSION. you guys said will be able to experience it as if it were 1999 NOT 2006 the LEAST you couldve done was taken the PoK book out why were you so ****ing lazy

This isn't really an issue of laziness. If you want them to go ahead and completely re-write the game as is, and run the progression servers on a totally different set of coding than the normal game (and have to re-work the old bugs they did smooth out from newer content every single time an expansion went up -- the coding for that would be different at the onset of each expansion, as compared to how it is now), expect them to pull down Combine and Sleeper, and maybe you might hear of the idea resurfacing within a couple years.
Also, they didn't lie. They proposed the idea as a drawback to earlier times by taking out the content exclusive to each expansion. If you had every expansion but PoP (I'm aware PoK isn't limited to those with PoP registered only, bear with my example), you would still see the books there, anyway, on a standard server.
A quote from a dev to better illustrate this: "First, this is specifically not a classic server. We are not attempting to revert EQ back to its original state. Not only is that a technical impossibility, but the nostalgia people have is due more to it being the first large persistent world that people encountered than any specific gameplay mechanic that has since been changed. That feeling is no more able to be recaptured than the feeling of a first kiss."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumi
email me a reply at [email protected], or i will go to youre damn president. i have contacts that have his email/number and would gladly give it to me. i WILL WILL WILL complain straight to him and it may not be much but youll be LOSING 7 eq1 accounts and 4 swg accounts

You can complain to every single person at SOE...it's not something that's going to be changed. It would take an overbearingly long period of time and a waste of resources that would be put to better use (maybe trying to work on bugs? :P). You can quit, and hundreds of others could follow suit...but the only way you're getting back the game as it was, down to the last detail, is to construct a time machine, or run an emulated server and re-code the entire game yourself. I think it's also apparent that Smedley (the president of SOE) cares much less about the community than the devs do...remember the whole ordeal with the third-gen models back in mid to late 2004, anyone? :P

I'm not taking SOE's side on this, but you really are, forgive my language, up **** creek with this gripe. If you want to complain, go for something realistic. Example: Removing the quest drops for the newbie armour quests that were introduced into the starter zones with Legacy of Ykesha. The quests are removed, for now, until later content gets unlocked (I won't say until LoY gets unlocked, because they may decide to release the quests back into the world prior, in the meantime), but the drops still drop. Hell, the MObs that are there exclusively for the quests (arboreans in Greater Faydark being a good example) are still there. Aside from a couple menial items you can sell off, they have no real purpose, prior to those quests.

Also, this is NOT the place for this discussion...if you want to complain about it, start a new thread here or in SOE's forums. Aside from the fact that EQIM is long-dead (and hence, this thread also) in SOE's eyes, this thread is simply about EQIM, not the "what minor details I shouldn't let ruin my game's enjoyment now!" thread.

I agree with you...it'd be nice, to see things of that nature pulled, and while it's not impossible, it is HIGHLY improbable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi
youll be LOSING 7 eq1 accounts and 4 swg accounts

Unless those are all friends, if you're paying for them individually, you are paying too much. Hehe.

"Now he comes again, death on his heels, his eyes cold and hard; a mask to hide a thing that should not be. He is strength, fury, hate and peace all, and he is none...he is invincible."
- Seifer Dan`nodel (Book V: [no title, yet]; Chapter VII: Visions Within a Dream)

Last edited by Aramil Dannodel : 07-11-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #72
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by diashto
http://teqim.sourceforge.net/downlo...-bin-Latest.zip

that's the link to the latest download. Unzip it to the trillian\plugins\ folder on your computer.

Note: you gotta have Trillian PRO for it to work, wont work on the freeware versions of Trillian.

It does work with 3.0 also.. just tends to crash trillian after switching accounts.

anyone know if this is still working? i tried to download off the links in this thread, but it comes up as a dll, not an executible . . .
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #73
Drakah
Skinning Guru

EQIM is done and will not be working unless EQ Devs decide to put it live again, which would be an updated application. There is no way for it to work since the connection to the chat servers are no longer available.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:49 AM   #74
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Keep in mind, SOE intends to roll out a new and improved LaunchPad which will feature a unified friends list and, presumably, chat. The ''rebirth'' of EQIM (or at least out of game chat to in game EQ players) will likely be via the LaunchPad.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #75
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudilukudzu
anyone know if this is still working? i tried to download off the links in this thread, but it comes up as a dll, not an executible . . .

Don't know if it works in its present form, but that download is the plugin for Trillian Pro, it is not a full program, hence it is not an executable.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote