Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-30-2002, 10:08 AM   #1
Gorthis
A Gray Wolf

Default Some nice player windows are out there, but I need one that...

Some nice player windows are out there, but I need one that is better for a cleric.

What do clerics get asked all day long? Time after time untill they just volunteer the info every 5 seconds? MANA CHECK!.

Mana check is all I really need from my player window. I don't need to see a whole bunch of other stuff. Don't need stamina, don't need exp/aa, don't need percent on health, don't need anything confusing or cumbersome to pick through for my mana check. I need...

Health Bar <no percent next to it>
Mana Bar <No percent nect to it>
and under them both I need a BIG nice and obvious mana percent. Why not one as long as the mana bar itself when reading 100?

Is that possible? I don't know if you are able to make a number that large or put it under the mana bar rather than beside it. If you don't know then here's a developer's chance to figure out something new - Challenge Yourself!
Gorthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 10:17 AM   #2
vertebrae
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

I play a rogue, but dual box a cleric. I will be working on cleric verison of my mod which will prolly include 2x the length of the gauges.

Here's a preview of what im working on now. Once i get some stupid texturing problems solved, i'd like to release it soon.

Spell gems, easy to read gauge, cool buff windows. etc. i'm currently trying to skin everything. gonna take a while.

I'm in favor of alot of yur ideas..
vertebrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 10:21 AM   #3
Gorthis
A Gray Wolf

Default Very nice!

Very nice! I like it. Make sure you read the post I made a few minutes ago about the group health bars. Maybe that would be something you might want to implement with your new interface? Anyway, please do post a link to your skin when it's completed.
Gorthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 10:31 AM   #4
vertebrae
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

aye, i like your idea of doubling the length of the bars, including the group windows. This is not a problem. However, i have a bad feeling this might affect all gauges. i could be wrong.
vertebrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 10:46 AM   #5
Johrena
A Gray Wolf

Default Nice

Vert, I really like what you have right now... I like the little marks in the last bubble... great idea. The spell icon is the best I have seen out so far. I hope you do not change much from what you have in that little snip that you showed us.

Speaking as a cleric, I think it would be nice to have the casting gauge in my player window. If I cast a cheal and it's going to be close I keep looking at the gauge to the target box to the gauge... since I keep my target box near my 'player box' it would come in VERY handy.

Looking forward to seeing that go live. =)
Johrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:22 AM   #6
Scratches
A Bat

Server: Innoruuk
Default MC

How about and I don't know if this is possible with this info coming from another whole char but let the melees see what mana each caster has (like beside their name) that way we won't have to bug you.

Course we wouldn't have to ask MC if you would just tell us instead of us pulling and then finding out you are LOM or OOM and you are our only life source as we can't gate the heck out like some can.
Scratches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:32 AM   #7
Johrena
A Gray Wolf

Default Not sure...

... but I think there is a thread about how that can't be done. I could be wrong... but I don't think other players can see our mana.
Johrena is offline   Reply With Quote