Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 04:39 PM   #1
Taeolas
A Fire Beetle

Default Default Chat windows/Clearing Chat windows

I think I've gotten my own druid's interface set up mostly how I like it now. There are just a few more things on my wishlist.

First, is there a way you can set up some chat channels to be created automatically when you load a skin/log in? (I don't think I'm very clear on this)

Basically what I want to do is have a chat window devoted just to meelee information. I don't want it to have a title bar nor a line to type in, I just want it to have the Meelee info.

Ideally I'd like it to have just certain types of meelee info, but with Hitsmode broken, that doesn't look like it'll happen. (Since my attention is usually on my main chat windows, I like having HitsOnMe displayed in there to let me know "Oh I attracted the wrong attention", but the rest of the battle spam I prefer to have outside, but I digress.

(There are other windows I'd like to set up as well, so a general way to do it would be nice)

My second question deals with clearing windows... namely is there a way to do it? I've noticed that /clear no longer seems to work which is annoying. Basically I'm trying to somewhat replicate Hitmode's auto clear, but for now I just want to figure out a way to clear windows.

Thanks for your help.
Taeolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 09:29 PM   #2
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Not sure about the /clear thing, never knew it existed in the first place.

But the chat windows all spawn from the one XML file. To do what you want you'd also affect your Main Chat (which I don't think can remove the chat line anyways.)

This seems to be one of the most requested changes so lets see if Verant come up with a totally new window file for spawned windows. As to the melee all coming through together, you could turn off everything but other****me this would have the same effect or you could just make it in such a different color it'd stand out more.
Old 07-28-2002, 01:28 AM   #3
Taeolas
A Fire Beetle

Hmmm, the /clear might be something I'm misremembering. I thought it worked before in EQ but maybe I'm just thinking of IRC instead. It is one of the things on my wish list in any case.

In any case, I guess I'll add my desire to have hitsmode back in some form to the chorus already asking for it.

Oh as for the actual meelee settings, I prefer to keep them seperate. I know I don't look at most of the hits, but I like seeing them just to see the hits people are making; so Filtering isn't really a desired option. Changing the colour is a bit of an option, but I'd have to be looking at that window to see the colours anyways. Oh well, guess I'm SoL for now. Thanks for the help.
Taeolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:51 AM   #4
Mckorr
A Bat

Default Melee Window

What I did was make a 100% transparent "chat window", and move all melee and spell info to it. I then changed the colors, my hits to Green, other hits me to Red, etc. Even when I'm not actively watching that window, I see the colors scroll by out of the corner of my eye, and know that I'm hitting or taking damage.
Mckorr is offline   Reply With Quote