Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 12-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #106
oakling
Splat Mage

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'll take a look at the buff window and see about a 13 by 2 setup and I'll try to have something not too messy for the short duration (look for an addon Sunday/Monday)

Patch should be uploaded by now for the missing icons.
oakling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #107
dpawson
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakling
I'll take a look at the buff window and see about a 13 by 2 setup and I'll try to have something not too messy for the short duration (look for an addon Sunday/Monday)

Patch should be uploaded by now for the missing icons.

Thanks. Installed the patch; it fixed some missing icons (new cultural symbols), but not others (all my tradeskill trophies, for example). That make any sense to you?

EDIT: I take that back. Reloaded my UI, and now they are all fine. Dunno if I needed to reload, or if I still somehow had my main pointing at the wrong version of the UI, but in either case it is now fixed. Thanks!

Last edited by dpawson : 12-02-2007 at 08:18 PM.
dpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #108
dpawson
A Ghoul

Hey... thanks for the buff window. Kinda funny. When I first installed it, I noticed that you had numbered the buff slots from left to right i.e. buff 1 in the upper left corner. I figured this would take some getting used to, since my Egras buff window in the past was numbered right to left like this:

7 5 3 1
8 6 4 2

But then I cast a buff and noticed that while the buff numbers and labels are going left to right, the buff graphics are not heh... so with one buff, to use an example, the buff window looks (and is labelled) like:

1 2 3 4 ... 13
14 15 16 17 ... 26

When I cast my first buff, the label shows up in 1, and the buff in 13.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see them numbered:

25 23 21 19 17 15 13 11 9 7 5 3 1
26 24 22 20 18 16 14 12 10 8 6 4 2

That seems analogous to what the old window did. But maybe I'm just weird.

For that matter, in your copious free time, I also wouldn't mind a bard buff window that had 13 visible slots (I never fill it up anyway), that was 13x1 with the buffs going right to left. This is again probably something I could do myself in due time, but I expect you have a lot more practice with this stuff. If you find the time, you're my hero. If not, no worries.

Thanks in advance...
Old 12-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #109
wyntyr
A Ghoul

I dl'd the new long buffwindow and the spell icons/spell names are not aligned anymore.
wyntyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #110
oakling
Splat Mage

I forgot a property of the buff window, I'll update it by Saturday.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #111
dpawson
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakling
I forgot a property of the buff window, I'll update it by Saturday.

Thanks very much. I've been crazy busy, so I can't imagine I'd get to it myself before then. Really appreciate the effort. /cheer
Old 12-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #112
dpawson
A Ghoul

New versions look great. Thanks!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #113
furryfastfoot
A Gray Wolf

Default Buff Bars

a while back Seri made me a set of buff boxes that were compatable w/ the AYA ui, since the release of SoF when i use them alot of the items show up as pearl necklaces i was curious if i could get an update for them?

Thanks
Besi
furryfastfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #114
Kaner
A Ghoul

Before you follow my advice i sugest you make a copy of your current UI. I am just a noob. However I would suggest you deleate all the "dragitem.tga" files from your custome UI folder it should pull those files from the default folder when you load

OR copy dragitem 58-59 from default and paste in custom

[email protected]
Kaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #115
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

missing dragitem files shouldn't be the problem - they will get pulled from default after all.

what's usually the problem with the 'pearl necklace' issue is that the new dragitems aren't in the Animations file. That's why it's always better to not have an animations file if you can avoid it - it is much easier to break (whether minorly or majorly) the ui.

To fix, open up your animations file and the default animations file. Find the 2 separate locations that list the dragitems. figure out which ones are not in your custom file, and copy them over. remember that there are 2 places to do this - one will be near the end. Save and you should be gtg.

I would make a backup copy of your animations file before you start editing, but that's just a safety thing - it's probably not necessary.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #116
oakling
Splat Mage

Untested but 'should' work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EgrasAyabuffFusion.zip (92.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #117
furryfastfoot
A Gray Wolf

Worked great thanks
furryfastfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #118
Allainnea
A Bat

Red face Frustrations..... sigh

I absolutely love this UI but I am having a difficulty with getting disconnected whenever I open my bank. is there something I am doing incorrectly?

I am a definite noob when it comes to this stuff so if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Also I would like to ask if you would make a small fix for me. I would much rather use the EQ icons for spells in both the spell gems and the spell book. would there be a possibility that this could be remedied? Or perhaps there is a link to one that is already created?

and one other fix I would like to see... My friend's list was replaced by a very nice window which opens all of my bags in one place...so much easier.... but I would really like my friend's list back if I have to choose one over the other.

Thank you for taking the time to read over my request.
Allainnea

Allainnea 76 Pally (Luclin)
Antonini 75 Shammy (Luclin)
Allainnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #119
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

i don't know about the bank - i would try taking the bank window xml file out of your custom directory and see if that fixes the problem. you will have default bank then, but it's better than crashing out every time you try to get into your bank.

for the friends window issue - same thing. remove the friends window xml file, and you'll be back to default for that window.

same for spellgems actually - there should be image files (usually tga) that are named spellgems - should be at least 2, probably more. remove them and you should get default spellgems.
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:30 AM   #120
Manghuli
A Bat

Server: Quellous
Default Egras Layout Help

I can't seem to be able to match your UI's intended layout. What is the resolution? Could you please post a UI_Character_server.ini file or email to me? TYVM