Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 11-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Trying to understand hotbar changes..

So I'm trying to figure out how to update my hotbars to work with the new system. First thing I want to figure out is why they don't work period. When I load them, it shows a bunch of empty spell gem holders instead of the hotkeys. Anyone know what exactly changed to cause this to happen? I know the new default uses tile layout boxes now but that shouldn't have caused this to happen.
Darkmatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

they only use 10 hotkeys now 1 spell gem and 1 inventory so when you open your old hotkeys it declares 10 hotkeys 10 spellgems 10 inventory for each bank..so no wont work.

best bet is use the new hotbar xml and change it to fit what you are trying to do.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Darkmatil
Premium Member

I just figured that out right before you replied. So what I did was I got rid of all the extra spell gems and inventory code and copied the one in there from default, then added the two lines for gems and slots to each button, like they have in default. I loaded it, and now instead of empty spell gems it just shows a blank area. Hmmm
Old 11-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatil
I just figured that out right before you replied. So what I did was I got rid of all the extra spell gems and inventory code and copied the one in there from default, then added the two lines for gems and slots to each button, like they have in default. I loaded it, and now instead of empty spell gems it just shows a blank area. Hmmm

all 10 hotbars are laid out in one layout are you still having each hotbar having its own layout?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Yep it still works that way, you just have to manually add the extra 6. I am just testing hotbar 1 right now though.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Halelen

hmmm dont know then...i tried to do it that way and never got it to work so i just dropped it and took the default and changed the stuff to fit what i wanted for the most part...problem arises that if others change the setup ypour settings could all be fubared so didnt complete all the changes i wanted but for the most part happy with the result.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Darkmatil
Premium Member

I still can't get them to act properly. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
Halelen

i could be wrong but i dont think you can list them seperately anymore i tried that and got a bunch of unusable gunk .. sorry cant be of more help but i think your going to have to use their code and make the best of it.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
Darkmatil
Premium Member

What a nightmare. There's no way I can get them to be like they were using tile layout boxes.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
Halelen

post a pic of what they looked like before or is there somewhere i can see them?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #11
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Old 11-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #12
Halelen

you should still be able to achieve that with layout boxes still.....only part may be a challenge is the inventory boxes on the side...not sure that can be done anymore..maybe. but other then that the rest the look is still achievable just have to adjust your offsets.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
Halelen

ok and savok has posted on another that you can in fact have additions so may want to look at his code to see how he did it.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #14
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Ok, I got some help from a dev and you can in fact do this without using tile layout boxes. Look below. All the items in bold italic were changes, that you HAVE to make for it to work right.

Code:
<HotButton item="HB_Button1"> <EQType>hotbutton/Bar 0/0</EQType> <Font>1</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>2</X> <Y>20</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>37</CX> <CY>34</CY> </Size> <Text>1</Text> <TextColor> <R>255</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <DecalSize> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </DecalSize> <SpellGem>HB_SpellGem</SpellGem> <InvSlot>HB_InvSlot</InvSlot> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>A_HotButton1Normal</Normal> <Pressed>A_HotButton1Pressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_HotButton1Flyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_HotButton1Disabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_HotButton1PressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </ButtonDrawTemplate> </HotButton> <Screen item="HotButtonWnd"> <Pieces>HotButton:HB_Button1</Pieces>
Old 11-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
kadath
A Treant

Subscribing to this thread so I can see it when Dark's UI works, I can't live without the way it used to be =p Thanks for your hard work!
kadath is offline   Reply With Quote