Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 09-09-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
indy6678
A Gray Wolf

Default Any Help Very Much Appreciated

Hello all who take the time to read this or even get on this site anymore. I have recently come back to EQ, but I still cannot stand the basic UI. I have found a few that I really like, but every time I try to pull pieces together from the different ones, I keep getting "Error Loading UI".

The Chat Boxes and pretty much all the windows (I like the look of it) and Buff / song windows, Map window from:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=6351

However the blinking cursor and the line that you type in is half way in the chat windows. He says it is to "eliminate wasted space", but I think its dumb and don't like it

I Love the 3D ring from:

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5600

I also like the Player window like:

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=3003

I know its kinda dumb, but I need to know how to adjust these or pull the single pieces out and combine the ones I want/need. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
indy6678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
riani
A Gray Wolf

Server: Rodcet Nife - Quellious - Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The particular chat window used in the Graphite UI as its author has stated in the writeup is required for the UI to work. The reason it is said to eliminate space is because it does.

The reason the author states it is required is probably because (s)he put some custom code to make elements of the rest of the UI to work in the chat window. This could have been done to avoid using the Animations.xml which is often patched and the main reason why UI's break. I don't know for sure right now, but I can take a look at it later to see if that is indeed the reason.

To use a chat window like that you need to make a completely new chat window and use the "Always chat here" command in the right click menu on the chat windows. This should fix your text showing up in the middle problem.

Most who use this type will also put spam that they don't want to see, but want to parse, such as spell and melee hits, crits, etc. in the window they chat in, and make the window small enough to only see the area where text is entered by the user to chat with the other players.

As for the others, the player window and the target rings, I'm unsure why they won't work at this second, but I can take a further look at them when I get home later today.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
riani
A Gray Wolf

Ok, so, upon looking closer it is the player window that is causing the troubles for you, not only is it out of date and not have all the current default player window's features, but it needed a bunch of custom code from another file.

I do have a question for you before I begin coding anything, by "player window" you are meaning the box on top of the group window (P2 - P6) in the screenshots, or the actual player window which in Lodi's UI works as the target window. Aka what appears as the target window is actually the playerwindow.xml as the "player window" with the HP, Mana, End, and XP gauges is part of the group window.

I could make you a player window that looks similar to either, with all the up to date features, I just need to know which one you are referring to.

As long as you overwrite the "Target Indicator" Configurations settings default in the Graphite UI (by just copying everything from the target rings download in) and zoning, that works fine. You want the target indicator for the rings you are adding otherwise the rings won't work properly.

The player window is your trouble maker.
riani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
indy6678
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by riani
I do have a question for you before I begin coding anything, by "player window" you are meaning the box on top of the group window (P2 - P6) in the screenshots, or the actual player window which in Lodi's UI works as the target window. Aka what appears as the target window is actually the playerwindow.xml as the "player window" with the HP, Mana, End, and XP gauges is part of the group window.

I could make you a player window that looks similar to either, with all the up to date features, I just need to know which one you are referring to.

As long as you overwrite the "Target Indicator" Configurations settings default in the Graphite UI (by just copying everything from the target rings download in) and zoning, that works fine. You want the target indicator for the rings you are adding otherwise the rings won't work properly.

The player window is your trouble maker.

The player window I am referring to is the one with the player info and the whole group all in one. I like having/seeing all of the bars needed (health, mana, end, xp, aaxp). And for the group, I like to see atleast the health,mana and/or end. and pets bar.

Thank you for your help
Old 09-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
riani
A Gray Wolf

Here, try this! Since some of the info in the player window cannot be moved to the group window, I redid both windows. if you put the one right on top of the other, it should appear like it's all one window, with all the correct info in it.

It does not currently have the aggro meter in it, though I can figure something out if that is something you would like added.

Just extract the files, and pop them all into your current custom UI folder. It should work like a charm (except the lacking aggro meter)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Indy6678's Request.zip (40.9 KB, 6 views)
riani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #6
indy6678
A Gray Wolf

Default thanks!

I really appreciate that..thanks for updating that for me. I wish I knew how to go in and manipulate those files. I wouldn't mind creating some UI's myself.

It works great!