User Name
Password

Old 07-15-2003, 02:51 AM   #16
Trinethy
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Luclin
Send a message via ICQ to Trinethy Send a message via Yahoo to Trinethy

Quote:
As the finishing touch, God created the dutch.

YEAY, best saying EVER
Old 07-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #17
Aoibheall
A Gray Wolf

OMG how do you people get away with just 2 chat windows?
Right now I run 4 - one for unnecessary spam that I can't get rid of, one for group/guild/raid/ tells, one for my guild's healer channel which is vital on raids so we don't spam the raid chat to death, and the last for my spells and class specific channel - that's a lot of windows so I need a clean UI. However, I also need quick access to things that I have in inventory, such as insta - click items and invis pots so popping up the inventory window is a dang dangerous inconvenience when your invis suddenly drops running thru the Grey to Ssra. So far the Ortin UI had been the cleanest running that gives me access to everything I need without sacrificing too much of my openness - and the soothing blue helps with the frazzled nerves when the SKs get bored and suddenly shout TRAIN!
Old 09-16-2003, 08:30 AM   #18
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Cleric perfection is never having to move your mouse more than a few inches! Also your cast bar and group HPs are the same size and colocated for movement rate comparison.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg eq000033.jpg (142.3 KB, 378 views)
Dreamlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:19 PM   #19
Cijam
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Tribunal

I like that pda thing u have there.. is that avail here?

EDIT: NM i clicked MY SKINS for you and saw it <BLUSH>
Cijam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:56 AM   #20
Aiconus
A Fire Beetle

Well i took my tzime to read all the Posts to this special theme.

Of course i want to add my 2 cents to all this stuff:

In fact every cleric/druid/shmy would like to have a custom "only-made- for-me" UI. This will be possible if we all would be cracks on writing the needed scripts. God bless that it isnt so, otherwise the servers will explode on the mass of files.
So we all have to take compromisses every day we play our chars, every day we do different stuff which take us in need of different possibilities we need from our UI. In my eyes there wont be a perfect UI for all together.
To get the right view of things i downloaded massive UIs, partial UIs and single window UIs. After all i loaded them to have a look how they are working for me, deleted many UIs i couldnt work with and hooked up to a absolutly nice UI working for my needings.
I downloaded it from this board and im glad that i found my way to get it. Below u see a screenshot of course. Dont wonder why there are so many Chat windows. its unpossible for me to keep an overview with just one or two chat windows. I want clear and nice filtered informations depending in different important channels, keeping melee spam away from me and just slack my heals out when needed.

The nice thing using this UI is that i can minimize all Chat windows, without the need of closing em to get a full overview.
But like mentioned before: This UI works for me, taht doesnt mean it have to work for others too, everyone of us has his special wishes to the UI. No UI (*except Standard UI from Sony *) is wrong or bad one, its just the sight of view!

Name of this UI is Drakah Steel. Yeah this guy worked out rly nice stuff in the last time and i want to thank him on this position also for a great work.

So long Aiconus Faustgottes
Clr 65 on Antonius Bayle

[Edit] Forgotten to mention im a Hotbutton-User[/edit off]

Last edited by Aiconus : 05-12-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Aiconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:03 AM   #21
Kalohela
A Gray Wolf

www.lodidodi.net

Best priest UI ever IMO, and probably excellent for other classes as well. Changing HP color guages, clickable items and inventory easily accessible without taking up tons of room, text to the side of spells and buffs (without being in the way), a pink casting line under the target window, % next to all HP and mana displays... etc.. all make this a very nice cleric UI.

Of course my windows and layout are set up differently, but that is my opinion of what an ideal priest UI would contain.
Kalohela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:30 PM   #22
qoala
A Gray Wolf

Hello,

With all the changes to EQ as of late, most notably Health of target's target and cycle NPC, the UI MUST contain a built in HoTT window. There are many other features that I could mention that should be included in a priest UI, however the perfect priest UI is already a featured UI on this website.

If you would like to see what a perfect priest UI is, download, install and use the latest AYA UI. Things like multiple casting bars (one is literally attached to your target's health indicator), clicky items galore, built in HoTT, flashing indicators for low health situations and so much more.

The AyA UI is a priest's dream.

Q
qoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:06 AM   #23
Sorvani
A Gray Wolf

I've used the Sars4 interface since it was released. as a raiding cleric the Target and HoTT are the only windows i need for Healing and /assist healing.

As a grouping Cleric, the bank of hoboxs make hitting my lickies easy and efficient. not to mention swapping out my hammer for the rez stick when needed.
Sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:36 PM   #24
dethyvon
A Bat

I currently have an interface I put together from four other interfaces. It's a nightmare when patches roll around like today, but I love my setup. This includes:

1. No wasted space. I can't stand having extra flourishes when a simple line will do. Utility and minimalism is the key here.

2. Having my player health bars combined with the group health bars, exactly the same size and style. It looks like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 6 with 1 being my own health.

3. Having the exact number of health and mana as well as the percentage displayed at all times, and the percentage of AAxp gained.

4. Having names associated to my buffs.

5. Having a tiny but functional row of my inventory slots for easy access without opening my inventory next to my hotkeys.

6. Having three chat boxes: one for all group/guild/ooc/etc. chat, one for spell spam, and one for melee spam (I use this setup on my ranger and beastlord as well).

That's all I really need. Some other things I play around with are other information such as AC or raw stats, but these I usually know before I look anyway. Now, on to find a UI that handles the OOW changes.

Di wadhan chi ulman a pescu all blodd auddi.

Raintide / Teirnon / Diomed
dethyvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 06:53 AM   #25
Dragnet
A Gray Wolf

Server: Antonius Bayle
Default my 2cp worth

I agree with others about 1 thing for a cleric or group healer (guess druids would be the same here.)

ABOVE ALL ELSE

My health bar with the rest of the group.

Apart from that I think that the Soran UI is outstanding (see his post in this forum for details)

Fortunately I've learned enough to modify his to be 'just so' for me but I think if you download his optional 6 person group window you have an awesome setup. (I use my modifications on his 0.93 version - the .94 one has a more distinctive style)

The view of the world is shrunk into the area not used by the UI so you don't miss things that happen behind your windows (this also makes it run faster - a friend reckons this setup runs smoother at 1280x1024 than default at 1024x768)

For what its worth- the modifications I made for myself:-
- popped a HoTT bar in between target health and cast timer bars (This owns)
- changed the inventory slots for the ones I use. (inv slot 8 for my mod rod and pants for clicky pet)
- added numbers to the buff window for when the raidleader tells you to get 'junk buffs in slots 1-x

Here's a picture (sorry its a bit big)

Dragnet

(Edited typos)

Last edited by Dragnet : 04-17-2005 at 06:58 PM. Reason: added Screenshot and corrections
Dragnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:21 PM   #26
Angling
A Gray Wolf

Default re: my 2cp worth

Dragnet,

Out of curiousity what is the HoTT bar? (pardon my ignorance).

Angling
Cleric - Seventh Hammmer
Angling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:36 AM   #27
Dragnet
A Gray Wolf

Out of curiousity what is the HoTT bar? (pardon my ignorance).

Health of target's target- you can see it on the screenshot above.

Dragnet
Dragnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #28
Eaiaden
A Ghoul

What i really need is alot of info about mana / hp each grp member status, it needs to be clear in the text and the colours distinkt from eachother, so its easy to spot.
Off all the ones i browsed thru i have not seen any as good as EgrasUI (my personal oppinion)

Clean sharp lines makes it easy to work with when doing high end raiding.
Im not sure u can se it on the screenie, but just above the spellbar, there is a tiny bar for itself with all my gear icons, god bless this, easy acces to every clicky without having to open inventory or make a hotkey for it, just click it!! Whootie
Above (the black box) is target / HoTT - same as your own hp, red/orange/yellow/green, its da bomb!
Eaiaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:24 AM   #29
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I am a 70 cleric and pretty much built most the things people are listing as nice to have for a cleric into EgrasUI. Its in the download area with my screenshot and some others.

One thing that I REALLY enjoy is the HUGE group window. I use that on raids so EVERYONE has a huge lifebar and I dont see alot of the other stats. Stacking really allows me to lay out what I am doing at the time in one to two clicks of the keyboard.