Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 05-19-2003, 01:45 AM   #1
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default XSL?

Ok, part of any (I believe) XML parsing engine is an XSL parsing engine. I tried adding some XSL code to an EQ XML file and was able to do some things without EQ erroring so EQ does have at least some very limited XSL parsing capability. My problem is that I haven't found a way to use XSL within EQ. I BELIEVE it could be sued to change the font of text but I just don't understand XSL enough to accomplish this and all of the XSL information I can find on the internet wants the XSL code in a seperate file from the XML (which has been giving me trouble since EQ directly reads the XML files). Does anyone know how to force XSL to modify the displaying of XML "realtime" basically as the XML is parsed? A basic XSL command that is not accepted by EQ is <xsl:apply-templates/> which seems to me to be a pretty important XSL command...

Enok

P.S. - I'll keep working at this. I hope I can come up with a way to change the font used by the UI.
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 10:00 AM   #2
gandalfny
A Bat

Default XSL

Well, XSL and XML are different beasts altogether. To use XSL you need to have an XML file (or stream) and that will then be "processed" by the XSL document using an XSL Interpriter. XML by itself can't contain XSL, XSL is a translation tool for XML.

Anyway, what this means is that you can't include XSL elements in the XML. As for changing the fonts, there might be a way to do this, but XSL will not be the trick.
gandalfny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

XML = Extensible Markup Language
XSL = Extensible Stylesheet Language

Basically, XML is the data source and the XSL is the layout template for the XML data.

For EQ purposes, an XSL is not used (or needed) since the program isn't displaying the XML data. Instead, it uses the data in the XML to build the interface.

To overly simplify it, the XML is just a glorified INI file.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 02:35 PM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Sadly there is not call-out for "font type" that I have found.. you have "size" and "color" but not "type"

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote